It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Brexit: Horrible feeling Boris is going to cave in

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+2 more 
posted on Dec, 16 2020 @ 03:18 AM
link   

There is now a “path to an agreement” in Brexit talks thanks to a “way forward” being found on most issues, the president of the European Commission has said.

Ursula von der Leyen gave her most optimistic assessment of negotiations yet to MEPs on Wednesday morning, but added that she could still not say for sure whether there would be a deal.

News Source

Anybody else have this awful feeling Boris is going to give in to the EU demands.

I really hope the British public revolt if so.

P.S don't come here to bash brexit, I'm really not interested and am quite frankly fed up of the lack of patriotism in my country and how any sort of patriotism is viewed as racist. So users like OtherSideOfTheCoin need not respond
edit on 16-12-2020 by fusionfilm because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2020 @ 03:32 AM
link   
a reply to: fusionfilm

Well its a shame you don't want everyones opinion as it may differ from your own, hope you get the reverb you wish to hear

I voted for Brexit due to the gravy train MEPs were on and am happy that there are no more snouts in the trough from our own shores, anything else I honestly don't care about

posted on Dec, 16 2020 @ 03:33 AM
link   
So thanks for the shout out but I do not think it’s racist to be patriotic and I regard myself as a proud member of the tartan army. I might not support brexit but it don’t think it’s in anyway racist to support brexit and am I bit confused as to why you felt the need to single me out.

Regardless I don’t think he is going to cave, right now I just think neither side want to be seen to be the ones responsible for a disastrous no deal, when in reality that was always going to be the inevitable conclusion.

Personally I just hope this leads to Scottish independence.

edit on 16-12-2020 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2020 @ 03:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin
So thanks for the shout out but I do not think it’s racist to be patriotic and I regard myself as a proud member of the tartan army. I might not support brexit but it don’t think it’s in anyway racist to support brexit and am I bit confused as to why you felt the need to single me out.

Regardless I don’t think he is going to cave, right now I just think neither side want to be seen to be the ones responsible for a disastrous no deal, when in reality that was always going to be the inevitable conclusion.

So do I, I wish they would give us in England the vote so we could vote for your independence and you can take the poisonous little hobbit Sturgeon with you.

Mind you, not before you pay your half of our nations debt and return Trident to us.... Oh and don't even think you will be using Sterling, you can have your own currency.

Scots want independence but then wanna join the EU again??? Makes sense

posted on Dec, 16 2020 @ 03:45 AM
link   

From the point of view of a disinterested party:
1. I think BREXIT was nothing other than the correct way ahead.
2. I think the Globalists hate the idea of Independence.
3. You've got some serious in-house corruption to contend with on that side of the pond.
4. Blood's gonna spill before you 'get away' clean from the EU.

posted on Dec, 16 2020 @ 03:48 AM
link   
How high do you think is the chance that there will be a deal as an acceptable compromise for both sides?

How high do you think is the chance that any kind of deal at all will be closed at 31.12.2020 at about 23:55 UTC? Which is my guess what will happen.

posted on Dec, 16 2020 @ 03:52 AM
link   

So no apology then for having most of your thread basically falsely claiming that am calling all brexit supporters racist?

posted on Dec, 16 2020 @ 03:53 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 16 2020 @ 03:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: fusionfilm

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin

So do I, I wish they would give us in England the vote so we could vote for your independence and you can take the poisonous little hobbit Sturgeon with you.

Mind you, not before you pay your half of our nations debt and return Trident to us.... Oh and don't even think you will be using Sterling, you can have your own currency.

Scots want independence but then wanna join the EU again??? Makes sense

Sturgeon consistently gets approval ratings most Westminster politicians would sacrifice a major internal organ for, so most of us are quite happy to take her with us.

Not sure how you work out half debt, about 9% and that assumes a split of the assets.

We don't really want Trident so knock yourselves out.

You can't actually stop Scotland using the pound but personally I would much prefer we didn't.

Yes being a full member nation of EU makes a lot more sense that being a devolved administration of a government taking us out the EU against the majority wishes. Glad you agree.

posted on Dec, 16 2020 @ 04:12 AM
link   
a reply to: ScepticScot

Solely due to the fact the majority of Scottish voters don't understand politics and actually believe the SNP is a nationalist party. Its more a popularity contest predicated on anti-English sentiment rather than people rationalising policy. The nation has been duped.

You don't speak for all of Scotland, just the brainless masses. If the SNP was actually for Scottish Independence from Westminster AND the EU, if they weren't authoritarian scumbags i'd consider voting for them. Calling yourself a Nationalist party then advocating for leaving one union to join an even larger one is irony personified.
edit on 16/12/20 by Grenade because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2020 @ 04:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: Grenade

Solely due to the fact the majority of Scottish voters don't understand politics and actually believe the SNP is a nationalist party. Its more a popularity contest predicated on anti-English sentiment rather than people rationalising policy. The nation has been duped.

You don't speak for all of Scotland, just the brainless masses.

Could not agree more, that is EXACTLY what it is

posted on Dec, 16 2020 @ 04:36 AM
link   

The Brits don't even eat fish so if Boris wants to do a deal ge gotta understand the Euros live in a single Market and to do trade with that protective body you really do have to give something in return and in this case its some fish. Let em have it if we can preserve our extremely integr5ated European economy and keep tariffs from infliction as that will add effectively 20% to costs and that will be the end of much of our economy.

posted on Dec, 16 2020 @ 04:39 AM
link   

You don't speak for all of Scotland, just the brainless masses. If the SNP was actually for Scottish Independence from Westminster AND the EU, if they weren't authoritarian scumbags i'd consider voting for them. Calling yourself a Nationalist party then advocating for leaving one union to join an even larger one is irony personified.

They don't call themselves a nationalist party they are the Scottish National Party.

Not a good start when you claiming that the majority of Scotland is brainless & don't understand politics.

posted on Dec, 16 2020 @ 04:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: fusionfilm

You don't speak for all of Scotland, just the brainless masses.

Could not agree more, that is EXACTLY what it is

The irony of you accusing another poster of racism is noted.

posted on Dec, 16 2020 @ 04:41 AM
link   
My wife(British) is a hardcore Brexiter. When we go to France and see the massive prices on British goods in a French supermarket she gets fired up. Not because we want a can of baked beans, but because France is protectionist.

Tesco doesnt jack french wine/cheese prices up now do they?

Its rare to see a British lorrie more than 20 miles inside France.

And Germany? They protect and subsidize their car industry like it was life or death.

Then there are the fisheries. Who in their right minds would allow their own peeps to get pushed out of their OWN waters by foreign countries!!!

And can someone please explain to me how the eff New Zealand lamb is cheaper than British lamb? How far is New Zealand?
I bet its the same for fish as well. British fish, caught by Frenchies, sold back to Brits. Cheaper than British fish..and why? Subsidies maybe? Which, isnt that just a tariff in disguise?

posted on Dec, 16 2020 @ 04:42 AM
link   

The majority of people worldwide have never read a manifesto in their life.

If your party has a main theme of independence I'd suggest that fits the bill for Nationalism. Suggests you're a Scottish person who doesn't understand politics, enforcing my point, self evidently.

posted on Dec, 16 2020 @ 04:50 AM
link   

The majority of people worldwide have never read a manifesto in their life.

If your party has a main theme of independence i'd suggest that fits the bill for Nationalism. Suggests you're a Scottish person who doesn't understand politics. My point is self evident.

Suggests you don't even know the name of the party yet feel placed to generalize about the intelligence of the majority of the country.

Sadly your limitation is all to common on this site where far too many posters are unable to understand that it's possible for others to hold an alternative view without them either being stupid or evil.

posted on Dec, 16 2020 @ 04:53 AM
link   

It’s wild eh?

If you have a different view your a evil idiot...total lack of respect for differing views.

posted on Dec, 16 2020 @ 04:54 AM
link   
This is an interesting article. It shows how Germany and France are the bullies and completely hypocritic on things like movement of workers, and recognizing professional qualifications as equal.

Honestly, the EU is nothing more than France and Germany enriching themselves and they are pissed the UK said eff you.

atlanticsentinel.com...

a reply to: ufoorbhunter

posted on Dec, 16 2020 @ 04:56 AM
link   

Do you live in Scotland and understand the definition of majority?

Also while you're looking that up have a look at the definition of Nationalism.

I never called you stupid or evil, just unable to accept fact due to your dislike of me.

Your last post for example shows you lack reading comprehension. I never stated they were called the Scottish Nationalist Party, you inferred that yourself by taking my words out of context.

: advocacy of or support for the political independence of a particular nation or people.
"Scottish nationalism"

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join