It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tom Cruise SHOUTING at Mission Impossible Crew in UK For Not Observing COVID Safety

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2020 @ 12:38 AM
link   
I never considered Tom Cruise a macho man or any kind of tough guy.

He’s a 5 foot 7 guy from the suburbs of Glen Ridge NJ

I know Glen Ridge. And Tom Cruise is no macho man or tough guy

posted on Dec, 16 2020 @ 12:41 AM
link   
So he yells and screams at some employees makes him a macho man or some kind of compensating tough guy

Well, I agree with his tirade in this particular case but many a time I’ve popped guys like him upside the head talking like that or at least invite him outside

It all depends on the circumstance.
edit on 16-12-2020 by Willtell because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2020 @ 01:29 AM
link   
a reply to: FlyingFox

but he is a pretty good actor.

posted on Dec, 16 2020 @ 01:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: putnam6
Tom Cruise I mostly enjoyed some of his movies in spite of him, Mission Impossible meh, now Rebecca Ferguson there's somebody I can watch in any movie.

Tom Cruise is Tugg Speedman

Thats Ben Stiller

This is Tom Cruise's finest acting moment from Tropic Thunder

This is also Tom Cruise's finest acting moment from Tropic Thunder

edit on 16/12/20 by SecretKnowledge because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2020 @ 02:29 AM
link   
What you can expect from person who k high in Scientology

He dont seem to have a clue about covid either, so not very smart.

In generally....people have wrong role models .....dumb Hollywood persons are scum to me...they never do anything good for World, but are part of CIA-scripted propaganda machine production line that are part of the big problem where we are now .

posted on Dec, 16 2020 @ 02:50 AM
link   
I can assure you that if he had called me out like this in front of everybody instead of talking to me quietly in private then I would have broken his jaw... Whether I was breaking covid rules or not

posted on Dec, 16 2020 @ 02:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell
So he yells and screams at some employees makes him a macho man or some kind of compensating tough guy

Well, I agree with his tirade in this particular case but many a time I’ve popped guys like him upside the head talking like that or at least invite him outside

It all depends on the circumstance.

This ^^

posted on Dec, 16 2020 @ 02:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lumenari
His "tingle" factor for me is about a 2 out of 10...

Does Trump make you "tingle"?

Just saying, cause your posting history is what it is.

posted on Dec, 16 2020 @ 05:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

This reminds me of the soundboards my friends and i made prank phone calls with. There was one on Cruise going off...again... on a set crew member.

There was av terminator one that i liked as well with Arnold S.

Those were the days

posted on Dec, 16 2020 @ 05:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Lumenari

Typical short ass, beta male outburst...

I have wanted to punch him in the face since I was a kid watching him in Cocktails and Legend.

posted on Dec, 16 2020 @ 05:58 AM
link   

Christian Bale did it better.

posted on Dec, 16 2020 @ 06:21 AM
link   
Just playing Devil’s Advocate (I’m a libra, can’t help it)-

While I’d say there’s a better way to make it, he’s got a point. It may not be his own rules he’s trying to enforce, he’s filming in a different country and has to work within their guidelines as well as whatever the movie studio/insurance company laid out for them. If a few people disregarding those guidelines are going to get production shut down again (it already happened once after 12 people got the rona), that’s a lot of lost time and money for a lot of people.

I see time and time again that people should be able to go back to work while taking the necessary precautions and while he was certainly a dick about it, seems like that’s what he was trying to accomplish. If wearing a mask or paying attention to guidelines is going to help put food on the table for everyone involved, get it done.

I saw a similar situation occur with a construction we’ve got on our property. I walked into the construction space and the contractor was going off on his crew for not wearing masks. He’s on our property and has to play by the rules the owner of my company set as well as the rules his own company set. It’s a $3,000,000 build-out for a smaller sized contractor, why risk losing that chunk of change?

Like I said, he was a dick about it and could have handled it better. I’m not the biggest fan of him as an actor (Edge Of Tomorrow, Oblivion and Vanilla Sky were great flicks though) but do think it’s pretty cool that he does his own stunts and doesn’t shy away from them at all. At the end of the day, seemed like he was more focused on getting people a paycheck than anything else.

posted on Dec, 16 2020 @ 06:25 AM
link   

Aren't these things in an enclosed bubble now? Which should mean that masks, etc, are not actually needed. If not in a bubble then he has a point (much as i dislike the little gimp).

posted on Dec, 16 2020 @ 06:33 AM
link   

So do you think not observing covid safety rules is important?

If they weren't observing them on the actual set then the whole shooting could easily be shut down and then they would definitely not have any work.

posted on Dec, 16 2020 @ 06:38 AM
link   
He went straight up Les Grossman from Tropic Thunder. Lolz!

Kind of ironic hearing a notorious scientoligist make an appeal to logic and reason.

But he's not wrong.

"Are we clear?"

Two reponses immediately popped into my mind:

1. Crystal

2. Depends on what the e-meter says.

posted on Dec, 16 2020 @ 06:55 AM
link   
a reply to: kosmicjack

Why you be so mean to Tom? Is that you Nicole? Or Katie?

posted on Dec, 16 2020 @ 07:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kenzo

What you can expect from person who k high in Scientology

He dont seem to have a clue about covid either, so not very smart.

In generally....people have wrong role models .....dumb Hollywood persons are scum to me...they never do anything good for World, but are part of CIA-scripted propaganda machine production line that are part of the big problem where we are now .

So, back in the real world, covid restrictions currently exist in the workplace to keep people safe. Failure to follow them could lead to that workplace (filmset) being shut and of course the potential for people to contract the virus.

Whatever you choose to believe is your business, but he was correct to remonstrate.

posted on Dec, 16 2020 @ 07:32 AM
link   
Its about the production, not the health or concern of people, scared of getting production shut down and finances climbing over breaking covid rules.

What a shame that all those millionaires may lose more money over all this..... the absolute horror.

Oh well I'm sure therell be cheaper restaurants and diners they could visit once they're skint...... oh wait........ maybe not.

posted on Dec, 16 2020 @ 07:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: SecretKnowledge

originally posted by: putnam6
Tom Cruise I mostly enjoyed some of his movies in spite of him, Mission Impossible meh, now Rebecca Ferguson there's somebody I can watch in any movie.

Tom Cruise is Tugg Speedman

Thats Ben Stiller

This is Tom Cruise's finest acting moment from Tropic Thunder

This is also Tom Cruise's finest acting moment from Tropic Thunder

I know that's really Ben Stiller, no wonder Biden got elected, the point was the character was Tugg Speedman, and in the clip provided it shows the ridiculousness of Hollywood repeating Scorcher over and over ala Tom Cruise in Mission Impossible.

posted on Dec, 16 2020 @ 07:52 AM
link   

I hear the stress-induced ramblings of somebody whom the pandemic is absolutely crushing.

He said it himself: the industry is in tatters. Does anyone watch movies in theaters anymore, even /before/ the pandemic? Sure, I bring the kids to random animated/Disney films, but for my part, nothing out there coaxes me into the cinema.

One could point out the politicization and moral condescension that has tarnished Hollywood's imaged, but even beyond that, and maybe it's just me ..... I feel like the industry isn't putting out the same caliber films as in years past. Is it just a coincidence that the ascension of the most unbelievable, life-like CGI corresponds with sagging movie ticket sales? I honestly don't know, but with the rise of the gaming industry, a big chunk of audience (younger demographics) don't really need to see a film for their escapism. They can pop in their game of choice into the console, and get the same immersive quality of a special effects movie, but it's interactive to boot!

IMO, that clip personifies the "irresistible force" that is Tom Cruise's mammoth ego, colliding with the "unmovable object" that is COVID. Tom Cruise is likely not accustomed to being denied, told no, having schedules dictated to him, or getting the red light on the parameters of where, when and how films are shot.

Despite coming off as an absolute d0uche, a real f'ing prick (one second he's touting the employment cache of a Hollywood film, and the next, he's threatening to fire people, who does that??), part of me has pity for him, as this pandemic has seemingly given him a jarring and uncomfortable epiphany on how real life actually works, and he comprehends now that he's really not in control.

p.s.

Mission Impossible ... SEVEN!?

This is the other reason for Hollywood's decline. Do the even create films anymore that AREN'T the 5th + sequel, or a "reboot" of an existing movie?? Creativity is completely dead.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join