It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Most dangerous AScM ever

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2005 @ 03:11 PM
link   
So what do you think about that. Most dangerous AScM ever. My opinion would be the Shipwreck/Granit AScM.

"Twenty Granit antiship missiles are installed under the upper deck, mounted at a 60 degree elevation. The long-range missiles cannot be controlled once launched, but do have a multivariant target engagement program. When ripple-fired the missiles share information while in-flight. The lead missile assumes a high-level flight trajectory enabling it to increase its target acquisition capacity, while the other missiles follow at a lower level. If the lead missile is destroyed, one of the other missiles will automatically assume the lead role. "

"Contractor NPO Mashinostroenia
Entered Service
Total length 10 meters
Diameter 0.85 meters
Wingspan
Weight 7,000 kg
Warhead 750 kg conventional high explosive or
500 kiloton nuclear warhead

Propulsion 2 solid-fuel boosters
1 turbojet sustainer engine
Maximum Speed Mach 1.6 (some sources state Mach 2 or Mach 2.5)
Maximum effective range 550 km (300 nm) [? 625 km]
Guidance mode inertial with command update, active radar/IR and anti-radar homing
Single-shot hit probability "

posted on Mar, 21 2005 @ 11:06 PM
link   
Probably true, but would never get close enough to use them.

[edit on 21-3-2005 by Spyz]

posted on Mar, 22 2005 @ 02:18 AM
link   
Getting within a 550km radius of a target is not hard no matter how hard your planes are patrolling.

posted on Mar, 26 2005 @ 04:31 PM
link   
well the last 300-500 km to that point would be at the carrier's descretion. Heck I can get within a half mile of a carrier comming or going with my 18 foot inboard, as long as they don't see me as a threat anyway... A surface ship with that capability would be sunk long before it could fire anything...

[edit on 26-3-2005 by Cowboy]

posted on Mar, 26 2005 @ 04:48 PM
link   
Anyone have any idea on China's C-80X capability?

From what I hear it's based on a hybrid of western stealth and russian supersonic (terminal) speed, the latest variants are supposed to be very accurate though i'm not sure just how sophisticated the weapon is.

It carries 165kg of high explosive in an armour piercing warhead

posted on Mar, 29 2005 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cowboy
well the last 300-500 km to that point would be at the carrier's descretion. Heck I can get within a half mile of a carrier comming or going with my 18 foot inboard, as long as they don't see me as a threat anyway... A surface ship with that capability would be sunk long before it could fire anything...

Granit is carried by Oscar/Kursk type submarines too. It is possible to reach the 550 km radius, but only if the sub is not tracked by LA/Seawolf/Virginia before, which is highly possible when considering Oscar sub noise levels...

[edit on 29-3-2005 by longbow]

top topics

join