It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It�s time to turn our eyes back home...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2003 @ 04:57 AM
link   
Why are we venturing outside of our country so much in an attempt to solve the world�s problems when we have our own disarray within these borders? Could it be that our leaders want to divert our attention from the real problems here at home?

There are several areas that we can talk about. Let�s take, for example, unemployment. It is now the highest it has been in the past decade, but we don�t see members of the government telling us what they are going to do about the millions of people who can�t find work, who can�t feed their families. And we are not just talking about unskilled laborers anymore. There are many highly qualified professionals who are taking any job available so they can get a paycheck.

No one talks about how to solve the tremendous deficits that states are running up and their inability to fund the most basic programs. Seniors and children are going hungry, right here in the country of never-ending resources, the richest place in the world. Education went from the national rhetoric of �no child left behind� to larger classes, fewer books, old computers and the prospect of many schools shutting down because there is no money to pay teachers.

Rest of the article:
www.informationclearinghouse.info...

posted on Jul, 14 2003 @ 05:10 AM
link   
Bush and Cheney are too busy making sure their buddies get to stuff their pockets with greenback dollars. The Democrats aren't any better either. It is long past time for the people of this country to take it back from professional politicians. I would love to see an election where none of the candidates have any party affiliation whatsoever.

posted on Jul, 14 2003 @ 08:44 AM
link   
CA. Buddy I agree whole-heartedly with your concerns here in the US. Its time we worry about our economy and get the UN out of the decision making for the US for a little while. We've spent the last decade or so trying to appease the whole world and look at what its done to us?

I know there are people here against the stimulus package but those same people blamed Bush 41 for lack of one when we hit that little bump during his last last years in office. He did nothing to assure us that we were going to come out of it although leading economists were optimistic, that doesn't tell the American people you care if you're the guy in charge. I know the deficit is rising but who would you rather take the brunt of the cost, the government who can sure afford to cut some of their waste or the people who are already paying through the nose? Trsut me , I know these are trying times but the government's continued over-taxation is not the answer. The pump must be primed, we've seen it over and over again. Our economy is capitalist and being that is the case, attention must be given to business and the individual and not the governing body in order to regenerate the capital needed. Less tax now means more tax-payers means more tax to collect for which the government will be all the better. So they can give a dollar tax break now and collect 3 dollars back for next year or they can hoard it until its wasted away and have nothing to show for it. No where in our economy do we have a 73% waste..no individual household...and surely no business...save one. the federal government. The biggest business in the US, the most corrupt, the most wasteful.

posted on Jul, 14 2003 @ 09:05 AM
link   
I wouldn't worry about unemployment, as the economy is turning around, stocks are gaining again, the economy is picking up. Jobs will pick up along with it.

As far as turning our eyes back home and bringing our assets there as well, I don't think that is in the cards. I think there is a reason why our assets are being strung out over the world, and I think it is part of a plan that has been implemented and in operation for quite some time, now.

posted on Jul, 14 2003 @ 10:17 AM
link   
unemployment figures continue to soar, estimated to be well over 10% nationally by the end of the Q4 and could hit 12% here in Caifornia.

Our states are in massive deficit modes with no moneys coming from the feds anymore the states are struggling to provide even basic support. Our Cal Superintendant of Schools has publically stated that it is a good thing that we are in our summer mode (very few Cali schools using the 45/15 systems anymore most kids are on vacation) since the state school system ran out of money 4 months ago and would have to close schools down completely since they could not afford to pay anyone.

My sister works for the state and has recieved a voucher/IOU for her last paycheck, the state hopes to pay up after the budget is approved but some folks will lose their jobs since they can't afford to pay all of the current state employees.

The smaller states seem to be faring better since less money has to be earmarked for services but all US states are struggling, according to a report on CNN recently.

I agree whole heartedly that we need to take care of our own NOW, the rest of the world will just have to wait to bitch at us about their puney problems. I'm so tired of the whining from the world when we do intervene or the backstabbing when we don't!!!

2004 will be the election that will turn our country for better or worse, we need all elligible voters to turn out and don't be afraid to vote your wallet. I for one will back any candidate that will work to keep American jobs in America and punish companies who continue to take good paying jobs out of the US by way of taxes and tarrifs.

shrub has even signed legislation that allows items purchased for use by the US military to be allowed to be made outside the US boundaries. This will be the first time since the Civil War that the US could be supplying material, equipment or arms that are not American made. As a former Marine I don't think I'd be to happy using a piece of equipment that should be protecting my life or the life a fellow Marine or soldier if I know that this piece of equipment was made in a country that has issues with my country or may actually support terrorism. How confident would you be of that piece of equipment if you knew it was made in a communist or enemy state of the USA??

USA FIRST NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Jul, 14 2003 @ 10:23 AM
link   

It is long past time for the people of this country to take it back from professional politicians. I would love to see an election where none of the candidates have any party affiliation whatsoever

LOL, that'd be great grinder except the people of America don't realize all of the parties suck!

Too bad we can't just start iver again like in the American Revolution.

Oh welll,
Tassadar

posted on Jul, 14 2003 @ 10:30 AM
link   
i've been saying this for a long time, before we go fight a war elsewhere in the world, we need to sort out our problems here. i think the US should pull back our military, and let the UN and NATO do the world policing, or else set up a new orgonisation for world policing. it is not our duty to fight another nations war for independance. wish i had more time to give a clearer view on this. but i gotta go. i'll talk to everyone sooner rather than later.

posted on Jul, 14 2003 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by phoenix_cross
i've been saying this for a long time, before we go fight a war elsewhere in the world, we need to sort out our problems here. i think the US should pull back our military, and let the UN and NATO do the world policing, or else set up a new orgonisation for world policing. it is not our duty to fight another nations war for independance. wish i had more time to give a clearer view on this. but i gotta go. i'll talk to everyone sooner rather than later.

And i hope u'll open a thread for it

And TC maybe right in the statement of the plan-operation, but it isn't good for us and good for them...

top topics

join