It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

When a third of voters say Biden's win isn't legitimate, democracy is at risk

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2020 @ 01:31 PM
link   
Just pointing this out and it's interesting because it's from MSM for one, though they are implying everybody ought to just chill and accept it. You know how they did in 2016....

www.nbcnews.com...

Last week, a Quinnipiac poll found just 60 percent of American voters — and only 23 percent of Republicans — believing Joe Biden’s victory was legitimate.

A Fox News poll finds more than a third of voters — 36 percent — thinking the election was stolen from Trump.

And now Michigan is closing its state legislature — citing “safety and security concerns” — as its presidential electors gather in the state Capitol.

[.....]
A democracy can’t work when the losing side refuses to acknowledge the outcome.

edit on Mon Dec 14 2020 by DontTreadOnMe because: Trimmed quote and added tags

+22 more 
posted on Dec, 14 2020 @ 01:42 PM
link   
Democracy doesn't work when the winning side cheated, either.
There are a lot more people claiming there's no proof of fraud than people interested in looking at the ten ton piles of proof, and that breaks democracy.

+12 more 
posted on Dec, 14 2020 @ 01:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: a325nt
There are a lot more people claiming there's no proof of fraud than people interested in looking at the ten ton piles of proof, and that breaks democracy.

"...a lot more people claiming" doesn't add up to proof. When one looks at some of the stuff that has happened ...

I tell friends here in Mexico about stuff like unsolicited mail-in ballots and voting without photo ID and they just look at me like I'm stupid. That crap would never fly in Mexico - a country that many proud Gringos like to look down on as a "banana republic.

Also, if NBC is saying that it's 1/3 of US citizens, you can bet it's a lot more than that.

+5 more 
posted on Dec, 14 2020 @ 01:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: putnam6

A democracy can’t work when the losing side refuses to acknowledge the outcome.

Sorry, just LOL'ing at this part. As if the past 4 years didnt even happen.

posted on Dec, 14 2020 @ 01:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: incoserv

"...a lot more people claiming" doesn't add up to proof. When one looks at some of the stuff that has happened ...

I tell friends here in Mexico about stuff like unsolicited mail-in ballots and voting without photo ID and they just look at me like I'm stupid. That crap would never fly in Mexico - a country that many proud Gringos like to look down on as a "banana republic.

Also, if NBC is saying that it's 1/3 of US citizens, you can bet it's a lot more than that.
Fox puts it at about half. Considering they go to the length to say voters that voted for Biden wouldn’t have if not for the massive censorship campaign concerning Biden and his son’s ties to China....
edit on 14-12-2020 by slatesteam because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2020 @ 01:55 PM
link   

I starred you for trying. After all, there is no evidence that the biggest kid on the playground knocked you over and took your lunch money either; none of the other kids said he did.

posted on Dec, 14 2020 @ 01:56 PM
link   
Government is only government if it has the consent of the governed. Democrats would be wise to remember that.

posted on Dec, 14 2020 @ 02:02 PM
link   
Actually, it's less than a sixth of the electorate. Only half of eligible voters voted and that's one of the largest turnouts in modern history.

And polls suck, amirite?

+1 more 
posted on Dec, 14 2020 @ 02:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

Most of those were dead. They've gone back to their graves for 4 years.

link   
a reply to: putnam6

The voting machines are connected to the internet FFS. Just exactly what democracy are you talking about?

That's right, they're connected to the internet, what could possibly go wrong with that eh?

It's all pretty sad to watch to be honest. In fact, when you add up everything that's gone on this year it seems that the entire planet must have passed through a massive interstellar cloud of stupidity gas or something similar, either that or we've actually been invaded by stoopid aliens.

link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
Government is only government if it has the consent of the governed. Democrats would be wise to remember that.

Oh please.

How many times are you on record here wailing about the dangers of "pure Democracy" ...

The Democrats are about as worried about the People as the Republicans and Trumpists, i.e. not at all.

The People have been divided, dumbed down, and are scared shtless of losing their posts on Youtube.

Give me a break.

posted on Dec, 14 2020 @ 02:06 PM
link   

And yet they voted in historically high numbers and percentages? Can't have it both ways.

link   

Sixty-four percent of America will continue making the best out of what they have each day. They don't have time to worry about the angnst displayed by the thirty-six percent.

If people step away from the media, stop listening to people that have their own agendas, and deal with those issues they have in their own lives and communities, we may be able to recognize our common ground and work toward solutions that works for us, and not for our influencers.

It is a lost when you have to throw out one third of your production, but two thirds of a useable harvest is better than ploughing it all under, because some of it was rotten.

link   

I starred you for trying. After all, there is no evidence that the biggest kid on the playground knocked you over and took your lunch money either; none of the other kids said he did.

No evidence?
That chant had to be changed over a month ago after all the evidence started showing up.

Now it's massive censorship time! Ignoring reality is way easier than disproving it.

posted on Dec, 14 2020 @ 02:07 PM
link   

And yet they voted in historically high numbers and percentages? Can't have it both ways.

Sure. Voting means the same thing it always has. It's a sop for the mob.

C'mon, you know that.

posted on Dec, 14 2020 @ 02:21 PM
link   

We need to eliminate elections, just to be sure that there's no corruption.

posted on Dec, 14 2020 @ 02:21 PM
link   
As long as Democrat cheat operations exist, Democracy is always at risk.

Always has been always will 😃

posted on Dec, 14 2020 @ 02:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Yeah, let's declare martial law as well to preserve liberty.

posted on Dec, 14 2020 @ 02:29 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Dec, 14 2020 @ 02:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Yeah, let's declare martial law as well to preserve liberty.

lolz

My post

< < < < < your head
edit on 14-12-2020 by DBCowboy because: I drank all of Augustus's beer. . . come at me bro!

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join