It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Absolute waste of money

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2005 @ 10:17 AM
link   
Devil,

What do you mean by “you want citizenship, well then accept it”?

If one cannot be honest in a post why bother posting at all? Those who post simply to invoke a reaction from others are known as “trolls”.

Cheers

BHR

posted on Apr, 4 2005 @ 10:53 AM
link   
Lads,

We have gone a tab of a bit off topic, while I agree with one of people making some of these comments, lets stick to the topic.

As for the british getting the F/A-22 You never know the US could sell us a few, wither or not the yanks will give us the sodding flight computer codes would be another thing, just think of them as really really expensive gate guardians!

To be honest with the current issue of the Chinooks that we can't fly due to the american company, beoing I think, not releasing their software codes so that we can adapt the flight control systems to their new configuration, they are only fit for parts at the moment, if this situation continues, I could see the MOD looking for another aircraft.

The MOD will not allow a foreign power any control in relation to its weapons of war, nor would any other sain nation on the planet!

If US still continues will the refusal of releaseing the source code for the flight control systems to developed nations, e.g. UK, India... maybe to be able to fix their own aircraft without service contracts with boeing, I do not see a future for the F35 within the RN.

- Philip

posted on Apr, 4 2005 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by BillHicksRules
What do you mean by “you want citizenship, well then accept it”?

If you wish to be a citizen of this country then you must accept you are an ambassador...

If one cannot be honest in a post why bother posting at all? Those who post simply to invoke a reaction from others are known as “trolls”.

Yeah and your point is?
They may look like one thing but are actually another...

posted on Apr, 4 2005 @ 04:19 PM
link   
First I would like to say to DevilWasp thank you and he has been the most intelligent out of all of us on this thread.

And to BillHicksRules you can kiss my American A$$, you act as if you have this overwhelming knowledge over us, all I see is some hating little git who goes around calls people morons and stupid. Calling people who don't agree with your view point morons is to me, the dumbest thing you can do, but hey I don't judge people by what they post online, so what do I know.

posted on Apr, 4 2005 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by WestPoint23
First I would like to say to DevilWasp thank you and he has been the most intelligent out of all of us on this thread.

And to BillHicksRules you can kiss my American A$$, you act as if you have this overwhelming knowledge over us, all I see is some hating little git who goes around calls people morons and stupid. Calling people who don't agree with your view point morons is to me, the dumbest thing you can do, but hey I don't judge people by what they post online, so what do I know.

You are way out of line here. This entire thread should be shut down by a mod for the comments recently made in this thread.

Not cool at all.

posted on Apr, 5 2005 @ 12:42 AM
link   
Oh yeah I am way out of line, forgive me if I like to respond to insult made against me.

posted on Apr, 5 2005 @ 02:27 AM
link   
Devil,

As proud as I am of where I am from, my country does not define me. I see myself as a citizen of the world.

As to my point about “trolls”, it is my belief that trolls are not a good thing. I feel that should someone post something they know does not represent what they feel or know to be true then they are beneath contempt.

Now as to the gentleman in question, you have a choice to make. By his postings he is one of two things. He is either dim-witted or a troll. Either way I fear you are wasting your time, but as I said that is your choice.

Cheers

BHR

P.S. Where in Scotland are you?

posted on Apr, 5 2005 @ 05:34 AM
link   

As proud as I am of where I am from, my country does not define me. I see myself as a citizen of the world.

Sorry but it does, if you dont like it give up citizenhship....

As to my point about “trolls”, it is my belief that trolls are not a good thing. I feel that should someone post something they know does not represent what they feel or know to be true then they are beneath contempt.

Now as to the gentleman in question, you have a choice to make. By his postings he is one of two things. He is either dim-witted or a troll. Either way I fear you are wasting your time, but as I said that is your choice.

Your choice is flawed, allow me to make MY hypothesis...
Westpoint23 is not the......most diplomatic and by no means the brightest bulb in the ATS box....but nethier am I...
He is simple a person reacting in the way he knows....if you label him a trolll then fine....I'll label you ignorant..alls fair in love an war..

central belt.......not fife

posted on Apr, 5 2005 @ 05:45 AM
link   
DW,

Originally posted by devilwasp

Sorry but it does, if you dont like it give up citizenhship....

Your choice is flawed, allow me to make MY hypothesis...
Westpoint23 is not the......most diplomatic and by no means the brightest bulb in the ATS box....but nethier am I...
He is simple a person reacting in the way he knows....if you label him a trolll then fine....I'll label you ignorant..alls fair in love an war..

central belt.......not fife

So what do you think he is? Stupid or troll?

Why do you label me ignorant?

ig·no·rant
1) Lacking education or knowledge.
2) Showing or arising from a lack of education or knowledge: an ignorant mistake.
3) Unaware or uninformed.

I do not feel I display any of these. Although I know someone far across the sea who does.

I will cop to arrogant but not to ignorant.

Cheers

BHR

posted on Apr, 5 2005 @ 05:53 AM
link   

So what do you think he is? Stupid or troll?

Nethier, since he is nethier.

Why do you label me ignorant?

ig·no·rant
1) Lacking education or knowledge.
2) Showing or arising from a lack of education or knowledge: an ignorant mistake.
3) Unaware or uninformed.

I do not feel I display any of these. Although I know someone far across the sea who does.

I will cop to arrogant but not to ignorant.

You are lacking education and knowledge of westpoint..
Your showing it by trying to make me choose between two negative options..
your unaware of who he really is...

posted on Apr, 5 2005 @ 06:04 AM
link   
devil and Hick, please stop posting your inane argument in this thread. Why don't you u2u each other as you are not adding anything to the thread or board.

posted on Apr, 5 2005 @ 06:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by rogue1
devil and Hick, please stop posting your inane argument in this thread. Why don't you u2u each other as you are not adding anything to the thread or board.

I actually proposed the idea of a chinse and american base on taiwan but as you suggested we WILL take it to U2U's....

posted on Apr, 5 2005 @ 07:03 AM
link   
DW,

How can he be neither?

His posts are ill-informed and badly written.

His research is minimal or non-existant.

His spelling is atrocious.

So either this is a fair representation of the man and therefore he is stupid

Or this is a deliberate misrepresentation of the man and he is therefore a troll.

Are there any other options?

If so I will glady hear them.

Cheers

BHR

p.s. This is my last post on this matter in this thread.

[edit on 5-4-2005 by BillHicksRules]

posted on Apr, 5 2005 @ 07:36 AM
link   
Actually, this whole thread is quite heated.

Though so far, nothing too bad has happened.

[edit on 5-4-2005 by rapier28]

posted on Apr, 5 2005 @ 07:44 AM
link   
IIRC the brits were pffered the F-117a but they said no , as they have no requirement for it - everything it can do , the Tornado can allready do.

Again the same can be said for the Raptor - the RAF have no requirement for it - they are getting the Typhoon for air defence and FOAC to replace the tornado.

posted on Apr, 5 2005 @ 08:08 AM
link   
Harlequin,

In the UK there has been a move away from buying US combat aircraft over the last 20 years. The F-35 is an exception to the rule.

Cheers

BHR

[edit on 5-4-2005 by BillHicksRules]

posted on Apr, 5 2005 @ 03:13 PM
link   
The Typhoon dos not have all the capabilities of the Raptor, but I suppose it is perfect for what the British need it to do.

posted on Apr, 5 2005 @ 05:10 PM
link   
We need to do quite a lot actually, hell we should atleast buy a B-52 or hell mabye even try and get a B-2 from you....hell even 3 would be better than none at all....

posted on Apr, 5 2005 @ 07:13 PM
link   
DW I have a question what bombers does Britain have?

posted on Apr, 5 2005 @ 07:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by WestPoint23
DW I have a question what bombers does Britain have?

Heres the simple answer....
None.....

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join