It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Roswell: The First Witness featuring Maj. Jesse Marcel's Secret Diary

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+6 more 
posted on Dec, 11 2020 @ 12:28 PM
link   
The History Channel has a new 3 part series starting tomorrow (12th Dec) investigating the Roswell incident and featuring the secret diary supposedly kept by Maj. Jesse Marcel from that time , multispectral imaging technology will be used to scan the crash site from the air to look for clues and scars in the ground that could have been left by whatever crashed in the desert that day.

The investigation will be conducted by former CIA operative Ben Smith.

But the central component of the new inquiry is a diary, which Marcel supposedly kept during the time of the Roswell crash, and which is now in the possession of his grandchildren. Decades after the event, Marcel told an interviewer that he believed the object that crashed in the New Mexico desert had extraterrestrial origins, Time reported in 1997. Analysis of the diary — and translation of its cryptic language — could reveal coded messages that Marcel wrote about the crash at the time that it happened, Smith said.
www.livescience.com...

Roswell: The First Witness uses new advanced technologies, behind the mysterious 1947 Roswell, NM crash. The series follows the grandchildren of Major Jesse Marcel, the first person to investigate the wreckage. The investigation is being led by Ben Smith, a former CIA operative. The family believes Major Marcel was forced by the U.S. government to deny he ever saw a UFO. They possess Major Marcel's diary, believed to contain coded clues about the truth of what happened at Roswell and clues and new evidence to where the alien wreckage might still lie buried.
www.imdb.com...

If nothing else it will be a welcome relief for those who want to believe in something other than a fat bloke in a red suit this Christmas , perhaps the diary holds the key to the mystery or maybe it's just a bit of light entertainment for those who have access to the History channel.
edit on 11-12-2020 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2020 @ 12:36 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

I was watching history channel last night and saw the preview!
Already got it set to record incase I am busy.

posted on Dec, 11 2020 @ 12:50 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 11 2020 @ 01:24 PM
link   
If there was anything really interesting then the mainstream media would have picked it up. So I say this will be a History Channel series akin to other we've had before. Pure entertainment based around folklore and legends.

Finding Bigfoot - where the presenters never find Bigfoot.
Hunting Hitler - where the presenters never find more than rumour of Hitler living on after the war.
Curse of Oak Island - Where at least they found Oak Island and cursed us with too many series.

So I seriously doubt this diary contains anything of substance. Coded messages?

Marcel died in 1986 around 8 years after he went public. I am sure that if he had anything at all then he'd have made sure the family were told and we'd have known long before now. But even his son has since passed away.

Then suddenly this diary turns up!

Remember as well that, although Jesse Marcel was the RAAF base intelligence officer, he never reported seeing or hearing about dead alien bodies, multiple crash sites or anything more than strange material .Material he claimed was unbreakable. But ironically broken up and scattered around a pasture on the Foster Ranch.

Here is the original In Search Of episode concerning Roswell with Marcel in his own words.

Oh! it might be fun but there will likely be no big reveal.

edit on 11/12/2020 by mirageman because: ...

posted on Dec, 11 2020 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Out of all the UFO cases, I love Roswell the most. Someone out there has a piece or two of the craft. But, in today's climate what does it prove? Even if you brought the craft out, had it analyzed with a live alien, the skeptics would say the craft is just top-secret earthly tech and the live alien is just some species we haven't discovered yet. Round and round we go. I think that's why contact is happening on an individual basis. My 2 cents.

posted on Dec, 11 2020 @ 02:45 PM
link   
Thanks for the heads up, I'm looking forward to it..probably would of missed if not for this(don't watch much tv)

posted on Dec, 11 2020 @ 03:20 PM
link   
Interesting!

Jesse Marcel's mooted diary has been the subject of much gossip down the years, seeing as it could be the sole evidence that anybody - whether press or the USAF - was thinking about the Roswell case in terms of extra-terrestrial visitation rather than Cold War shenanigans. At the time.

Without Kenneth Arnold's sighting two weeks earlier on 24th June, it's likely the Roswell incident would never have been a talking point. Arnold's "discs", on the other hand, were already a major talking point, although Arnold himself initially believed they were Cold War craft (later advancing to a belief that they were 'spirits of the dead', but that's another story!).

Cue local cash rewards for retrieving an example of said discs.

Cue Matt Brazel, with dollars in his eyes, retrieving the pile of junk he'd kept to himself after it fell in his field on 14th June 1947, and dragging it to the local sheriff's office on 7th July.

Cue later changing the description of "rubber strips, tinfoil, a rather tough paper and sticks" (as reported under the infamous front-page headline of the Roswell Daily Record) to something more elusive such as featherweight metal that corrected itself, etc.

Cue changing the crash date from 14th June to early July to sex things up a bit. In itself the subject of various CTs, of course.

Cue a legend being born, albeit 30+ years late, when Friedman began sniffing around.

HOWEVER, if Marcel's diary from 1947 does indeed exist, I'm willing to open my eyes and ears a bit wider if there is a clear indication of "ET" within the literature, without the need for dodgy and tiresome Nostradamus-style code-breaking.

edit on 11-12-2020 by ConfusedBrit because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2020 @ 03:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: mirageman
If there was anything really interesting then the mainstream media would have picked it up. So I say this will be a History Channel series akin to other we've had before. Pure entertainment based around folklore and legends.

I dunno... their series 'The Men Who Killed Kennedy' was excellent...

posted on Dec, 11 2020 @ 05:55 PM
link   
Only the history channel could make a series out of finding absolutely sod all, let's hope there's not some zeros and ones in it as that could lead to some books. a reply to: tanstaafl

posted on Dec, 11 2020 @ 07:41 PM
link   

So I seriously doubt this diary contains anything of substance. Coded messages?

Here is the original In Search Of episode concerning Roswell with Marcel in his own words.

He says he's sure the material wasn't from Earth, in that video. We also have an affidavit from Irving Newton that Marcel tried to convince him that the debris had alien writing on it. Newton wasn't convinced it was alien, he thought they were just nonsense designs (like remnants from decorative tape that a toy maker might have used, and it was a toy maker who was contracted to make the radar reflectors). We also have Jesse's son saying his father told him he thought it was alien.

So if there really is a diary and if it says Marcel thought the debris was alien, what would that prove? We already know he thought it was alien, but Irving Newton who was there at the scene with Marcel didn't think so, and it doesn't look alien to me (photo from the air force report on Roswell published in 1995):

If it was alien it appears to have been held together with scotch tape so it's no wonder such a flimsy craft crashed after traveling trillions of miles.

So I believe that Marcel seems to have believed it was alien, but I don't think it's alien. Likewise there may be people like Eric Davis or others who think some alien debris might have been recovered, but, that too may be no more alien than what Marcel found, it's impossible to say unless the evidence can be reviewed instead of depending on someone's possibly wrong opinion, like Marcels' opinion.

We do get some meteorites now and then which are from "off-world", and they do have some interesting properties. Other than that I don't have any more confidence in Hal Puthoff or Eric Davis than I had in Jesse Marcel, which is very little. But aside from Marcel thinking the material was alien, even his own description is pretty consistent with the balloon materials after setting aside Marcel's own inconsistencies, like an "indestructible material" which seemed to have been nearly completely destroyed.

History Channel series akin to other we've had before. Pure entertainment based around folklore and legends.
I think the History channel was once about history, but they do seem to have gotten away from that and do seem to air some nonsensical shows.

edit on 20201211 by Arbitrageur because: clarification

posted on Dec, 11 2020 @ 10:06 PM
link   
Illustration of purported “I” Beam of Symbols .....

And then there are comparisons here (I don’t know if these are legit)
www.roswellproof.com...

edit on 11-12-2020 by Ophiuchus1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2020 @ 10:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Ophiuchus1

6 from the left looks like a rocketship!

posted on Dec, 11 2020 @ 11:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

6 from the left looks like a rocketship!

Yes ... I do agree.

Another observation is.... how does an earthling know what is right side up for these purported alien symbols?

They could be horizontal, vertical, upside down, etc., Aliens could read these top to bottom, bottom to top, left to right, right to left..... there is no known point of reference.

There is no way for humans to tell at what orientation these symbols would be right side up for aliens to know what they mean.

There is no Rosetta Stone (yet) for this.

If one was to subscribe to an alternative, that this was tape with symbols used in the construction of balloon elements, and that the tape was just there happen to be available at the time, then one may be hard pressed to find the tape company that produced the tape and get an explanation from them as to the meaning of the symbols, IF they have any earthly meaning at all. Perhaps there is no meaning....just decorative random symbols is all.

Below...Tapes examples (from many) for this generation. Who knows, what decorative tapes might have been available with designs in the 40’s IF they had them then.

edit on 12-12-2020 by Ophiuchus1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2020 @ 01:24 PM
link   
For anyone wanting to refresh before the latest Roswell tv showing(s)

The Roswell Report

posted on Dec, 12 2020 @ 05:06 PM
link   

You should read page199

The tale of the tape. It came from a New York manufacturer not outer space.

posted on Dec, 12 2020 @ 05:23 PM
link   
I will watch it. Though at this time, I believe the Roswell crash was a Project Mogul weather balloon. A very unique weather balloon, so Marcel saying he had never seen such material and concluding it was from outer space won't wash.

There is proof of it was a PM balloon though I do admit " proofs" can always be doctored when it comes to the American IC.

posted on Dec, 12 2020 @ 05:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: gortex
and translation of its cryptic language — could reveal coded messages

Marcel created coded messages?
Maybe we found the Zodiac!!!

posted on Dec, 12 2020 @ 06:10 PM
link   

You should read page199

The tale of the tape. It came from a New York manufacturer not outer space.

Waiting to see the show with (I stand grammatically corrected) “bated” 🍺 breath.....

Somebody track down Jack Peterson and or Ed Itsvan if they aren’t already pushing daisies..... they are the go to guy’s that can bring the tale of the tape, to a close!!

edit on 12-12-2020 by Ophiuchus1 because: Changed the word baited to bated due to my Piss poor grammar and Phage call out

posted on Dec, 12 2020 @ 06:12 PM
link   

Unless you're eating calamari (which is often used as bait), you should use the word bated.
idioms.thefreedictionary.com...

posted on Dec, 12 2020 @ 07:47 PM
link   
Could using I-Beam by Marcel, have been a misnomer for the word Beam, which is referenced many times in The Roswell Report?

The only time I-Beam is mentioned in The Roswell Report is only by Marcel: ...” Jesse A. Marcel, MD (son of the late Major Jesse Marcel; 11 years old at the time of the incident). Affidavit dated May 6, 1991. ”. . . There were three categories of debris: a thick, foil like metallic gray substance; a brittle, brownish-black plastic- like material, like Bakelite; and there were fragments of what appeared to be I-beams. On the inner surface of the I-beam, there appeared to be a type of writing. This writing was a purple-violet hue, and it had an embossed appearance. The figures were composed of curved, geometric shapes. It had no resemblance to Russian, Japanese or any other foreign language. It resembled hieroglyphics, but it had no animal-like characters. . . .”

And then the color of the writing Marcel describes being purple-violet above, which sounds pretty similar to colors used on the tape to construct elements of the target: ....”One of the most puzzling aspects of the reports that a ”UFO” crashed near Corona in 1947 were the later descriptions of “hieroglyphic-like” characters by seemingly reliable, firsthand witnesses. Research has revealed that the debris found on the ranch and displayed in General Ramey’s office probably did have strange characters. These, however, were not hieroglyphics, but figures printed on the pinkish-purple tape used to construct the radar targets used by the NYU group.

The witnesses have recalled small pink/purple “flowers” that appeared to be some sort of writing that couldn’t be deciphered. These figures were printed on tape that sealed the seams of the of the radar target. The radar targets, sometimes called corner reflectors, had been manufactured during or shortly after World War II and due to shortages, the manufacturer, a toy company, used whatever resources were available. This toy company used plastic tape with pink/purple flowers and geometric designs in the construction of its toys and, in a time of shortage, used it on the government contract for the corner reflectors. A depiction of these figures, as described by C.B. Moore, is shown in Attachment 10”....

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join