It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chinese and South Korean companies are buying lots of land near Japanese military bases

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 11 2020 @ 11:43 AM
link   

At least 80 plots of land near sensitive sites in Japan have been sold to Chinese and South Korean companies in the past decade, and transactions are increasing.

The intent of the buyers is not clear, but "we do not believe it can be a coincidence," an official within the Japanese Cabinet Secretariat said.

source

Well looks like the situation in East Asia is getting complex, with everyone's fingers in everyone else's pies. This is just another wrinkle in the web of tension and subterfuge that is enveloping the region.

South Korea's position is increasingly ambiguous. On paper they are aligned with Japan against China, but South Korean anti-Japanese sentiment continues to run high, while fear of China is drawing it closer to the middle kingdom.

Who else is buying what, where? It's an issue that bears consideration.

posted on Dec, 11 2020 @ 12:18 PM
link   
It'll be interesting if someone does look into who's buying land up on different countries.
edit on K20202020-12-11T12:19:47-06:00pm12 by Kocag because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2020 @ 12:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Kocag
Australia is an interesting -- or perhaps more accurately, alarming --case.

China is buying up Australian land, infrastructure and businesses at an alarming rate as it seeks to project power and influence beyond its shores.

The communist nation of 1.4 billion people owns an airport in Western Australia, nine million hectares of Australian land, several Aussie coalmines and wind farms and even the Port of Darwin, a key strategic asset.

China is also the largest foreign owner of Australian water and has projected soft power Down Under by planting Communist Party-approved Mandarin teachers in schools and universities.

Last week 'disturbing' stories emerged that China tried to install a spy as a federal MP - and it is also suspected of carrying out major cyber attacks on Parliament.

source

posted on Dec, 11 2020 @ 01:23 PM
link   
You know, you always read this kind of thing, I remember back when I was a kid and Japan was an "economic wonder of the world" and Japanese companies were snatching up US real estate...the stories are almost the same. I mean China is more insidious of course, but the stories are the same.

I wonder how many foreign countries have stories about horrible Americans or Eurotrash arseholes buying up all of their sandboxes?

posted on Dec, 11 2020 @ 05:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Fools
The general US way of procuring desired resources abroad is to blow them up. The European method is to whine and grovel. Actual purchase, together with bribery and espionage, seems to be the modus operandi of China.

posted on Dec, 11 2020 @ 05:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Never Despise
The general US way of procuring desired resources abroad is to blow them up. The European method is to whine and grovel. Actual purchase, together with bribery and espionage, seems to be the modus operandi of China.

At first I was mad when I read that, then I thought about it. Your thoughts seem accurate to me in this subject.

posted on Dec, 12 2020 @ 01:55 AM
link   
You think about all the products people in your home and the world is buying - it seems almost everything is made in China. Even products that are native to a particular country like US like Apple computers - all made in China.

You think about all the money in the world being pumped into China right now. It is like a growing monster. You don't want that nightmare to spread.

Companies and people need to wake up and put higher principles above profit because if everyone keeps pumping money into China, all will not end well.. and its probably too late. They can basically buy the world.

Sorry if a little off topic since this article is specifically about them buying property near military bases.

posted on Dec, 12 2020 @ 01:56 AM
link   

Naa I think the main concern here is that they are buying properties near military bases.

new topics

top topics

join