It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Need help verifying a poltergiest in my house.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2005 @ 01:21 PM
link   
This is the very first time I have seriously suspected that there may be a ghost in my house. In the past I've had an open mind to the possibility of there being supernatural phenomonon like ghosts, but I usually don't give it much thought. Allthough I DO belive that there is no such thing as the supernatural, just things that science can't yet explain.

So here is my story. In my house late at night once I heard a slight scratching on the bottom of my closed door and some bumping noises. I thought this was my cat, but then almost slow motion, I reached by my bead and felt my cat right there. So it definitly was something else. Of course it could have been a mouse or something and I kind of hope it is, but let me continue.

Now also in my room things have been moved around. Like, a box that used to be closed is now open, something that was resting on another thing one way is now resting another. My parents are assholes and have searched through my room looking for drugs, however upon asking my parents they assured me they didn't go through my room before these things where moved. Again there is the possiblity that my cat did it, but just the way this box was shifted seemed to me like it was done by a person.

Also in a corner of my room sometimes I hear a wierd clicking. I look to see if its some damn bug that turned on his back and is making a clicking noise to see if it has righted itself but I see nothing. Again it could be hot air because that corner is near a heater vent.

And also my father collects these cups and figureines from ebay that are from an old comic called Pogo. Anyways every other week or so he'll look at these to find they have all... shifted. Like when he sets them up they are all evenly distanced and uniform and they eventually will just shift to different positions.

Down in my basement/lower story (a hill so it opens to the outside, so not really a basement) anyways there is this door below some stairs that would open on its own, and I would always feel a presence of something looking at me. Many times I've felt as if something is looking at my back. When I put a log infront of the door it quit opening. So that makes me wonder if it really is something real why couldn't it move the log?

My father blames this on the house just shaking and things being light enough to simply move around. The box and some other thigns that have been moved are light, although my box of art supplies definitly are not light.

My question to you guys is, is there anything I can further do to try and prove/disprove if there is something in my house that is supernatural? This thing has never really scared me. Truthfully I hardly notice it at all other then when I feel that presence. No fear though, it just doesn't scare me for some reason. So my emotions definitly are not giving it more power.

Anyways looking forward to your replies!

posted on Mar, 19 2005 @ 03:36 PM
link   
i think there is a ghost in your house, maybe it wants attention, maybe you should find a medium. but i wouldn't go alone downstairs, every noise or something would scare me :S

posted on Mar, 23 2005 @ 08:45 AM
link   
Nah, for some reason I'm not scared at all. I think it's a friendly ghost, I don't feel threatend at all. There might not be a ghost at all however... but it doesn't explain how these figurines move around without falling off the fireplace.

posted on Mar, 23 2005 @ 09:29 AM
link   
Hehehe, sneaky ghosties, always tricksy, yess precious! Tricksy ghosties.

If you are not worried about it an nothing majorly disturbing happens then maybe you just found a new friend. Try to communicate if you dare but be careful and consult a medium if you feel at all uncomfortable.

posted on Mar, 23 2005 @ 09:46 AM
link   
Any seismic activity where you live?
Any small children in the home?
How long has this gone on?
Has the activity increased? (or just your notice of it)

The box could be your parents investigating (and then lying about it).
The door could be a natural tilt of the doorway.
The scratching could indeed be a mouse or rat.
The clicking could be a bad circuit.

Many possibilities here other than a poltergeist. Doesn't rule it out of course. But one should look to the plausible before leaping to the fantastic. Usually, true poltergeist activity is much more extreme. Things won't just be moved or opened, but left in strange places (like shoes in the oven, for example), or arranged oddly (such as book stacking). Also, most poltergeist activity is thought to be coming from an adolescent's untapped telekinetic abilities, not an entity of some kind.

I'd recommend a Google on it, to see some research on the subject, and then corrolate this to what you see around the house.

posted on Mar, 23 2005 @ 09:52 AM
link   
Let me say this, if your cat was acting normally, then there was absolutely nothing wrong. I believe cats are ultra-sensitive to the paranormal, and if there's something wrong, then your cat will let you know.

Damn I love cats!!!

Peace

[edit on 23-3-2005 by Dr Love]

posted on Mar, 23 2005 @ 10:17 AM
link   
BOO!!

Maybe you can pick up a few tips from the Steven Spielberg movie "Poltergeist" of (1982). Remember, if it looks like a ghost, flies like a ghost, and sounds like a ghost....then it's probably a chicken with your bed sheets over it!! Happy Halloween!!

BOO!!

posted on Mar, 23 2005 @ 10:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dr Love
Let me say this, if your cat was acting normally, then there was absolutely nothing wrong. I believe cats are ultra-sensitive to the paranormal, and if there's something wrong, then your cat will let you know.

Damn I love cats!!!

Peace

[edit on 23-3-2005 by Dr Love]

Clever fellow, I cannot believe I forgot that

posted on Mar, 23 2005 @ 10:47 AM
link   
Are you having 'feelings' or are you seeing an apparition or a shadow? The home I currently live in was built in the 20's, and there is definitely something in the house.

1. On some occasions I cannot find my keys, and i know I put them in the same place,on the counter, but I looked for 5 minutes. I then stopped, asked for my keys, and I heard a noise in the kitchen, the sound of my keys. Everyone knows the sound of thier own keys. and there they were on the counter. I have also found them in a kitchen cupboard, in drawers, etc. I was living alone in the home, at the time.

2. Things in the house will turn on and off at random. Sometimes my sons GI joe toys will start making noises in his room when no one is in there, when i go into the room it stops. AS soon as I sit down, it will start again.

3. There have been many times looking for a remote control, or the phone, and I will not be able to find it. I will return to the living room and it will be on my coffee table.

I feel it is a happy spirit and the tricks that occur can be fun or scary, depending on how you look at it. AS long as you have no feelings of 'fear', you are fine. Ghosts are people too, at least at one time they were

posted on Mar, 23 2005 @ 11:42 AM
link   
BOO!!

Maybe you can pick up a few tips from the Steven Spielberg movie "Poltergeist" of (1982). Remember, if it looks like a ghost, flies like a ghost, and sounds like a ghost....then it's probably a chicken with your bed sheets over it!! Happy Halloween!!

BOO!!

posted on Mar, 24 2005 @ 12:28 PM
link   
hmm, a new friend

but wait for some more activities and base your conclusion on that.

posted on Mar, 29 2005 @ 08:35 AM
link   
Conclusion on what? Don't consider me as a friend, because I don't have friends who see ghosts!! ;-)

posted on Mar, 29 2005 @ 09:08 AM
link   
i mean, the guy who met this ghost has a new friend =D

posted on Mar, 29 2005 @ 09:26 AM
link   
That's for sure. I wonder if the ghost will take him to see the other world. That would be a vacation to remember!

posted on Mar, 29 2005 @ 10:31 AM
link   
Yes it does seem to be harmless, thank you for your help!

posted on Mar, 29 2005 @ 03:02 PM
link   
the paranormal activities in all demonic infested houses started out inocent, and please do not call a medium it's like opening a door to let something else more sinister in. i just said a little prayer for you and your house your cat and family. please be careful and whatever you do don't give it unnecessary attention or give it a name in doing so you invited it more into your life. only the demonic can move items like that, even the toughest killing plattoon of marines is no match for the smallest of demons in satan's legion. you could always get your house blessed, please take care and God bless...

[edit on 29-3-2005 by vonwoolf appollonia]

posted on Mar, 31 2005 @ 10:45 AM
link   
I agree. You need something. Maybe place a cross in each room would help? But you're asking the wrong person.

posted on Mar, 31 2005 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by vonwoolf appollonia
the paranormal activities in all demonic infested houses started out inocent, and please do not call a medium it's like opening a door to let something else more sinister in. i just said a little prayer for you and your house your cat and family. please be careful and whatever you do don't give it unnecessary attention or give it a name in doing so you invited it more into your life. only the demonic can move items like that, even the toughest killing plattoon of marines is no match for the smallest of demons in satan's legion. you could always get your house blessed, please take care and God bless...

[edit on 29-3-2005 by vonwoolf appollonia]

Meaning, the less you know, the best it is. Sometimes it really is better.

Don't ask why. Don't pay so much attention to it cause you do not know about it. Just protect yourself and pray now cause you do not know how and against what to fight in case you would have to later.

When my son started to go to daycare at first, I would hear the sound of his voice coming from his bedroom. I remember that I noticed his blanket had moved. My best friend said that it's my son's soul cause me and him had never been separated before he started to go to daycare. So I was there sitting in front of the computer, trying to work but I could never really concentrate cause when I heard his voice I had the reflex to get up and go to check on my son in his bedroom lol even if he was at the daycare at that moment.

So I guess there can be ghosts, but there can be many different weird explanations to all the paranormal things happening that we think are all caused by Ghosts.

Better keep praying anyway just in case.

posted on Apr, 6 2005 @ 08:45 PM
link   
on the same token ignoring the devil is not good. give him his due but that's it and don't develop an overbearing interest in him or the demonic but don't deny him it's existence either, i know catch-22

posted on Apr, 24 2005 @ 04:58 AM
link   
Gazrok im interested in this "adolescent's untapped telekinetic abilities". Could you go in more detail or give me a link for more info? I tried Boolean Search but i didn't get anything. Well if it were a friendly ghost it would probably not move around stuff and be in your room at night. Not sure praying will work (im not catholoic
) try to "channel" positive energy to it using your mind. Demons hate positive energy although not everyone can channel energy but you could try it. Don't invite a medium it will only make things much worse. I wish you the best of luck.

EDIT: Grammar

[edit on 24-4-2005 by Azure Twilight]

[edit on 24-4-2005 by Azure Twilight]

top topics

<<   2 >>

join