It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

x-45A - just looks awesome!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2005 @ 01:07 PM
link   
Saw these pics and thought they it was awesome.. could find any specs on it though.. would be interested if anybody knew much about it that could inform me.

Link to other pics

posted on Mar, 18 2005 @ 01:23 PM
link   
Wow, those are some really awesome pics!

Thanks!

posted on Mar, 18 2005 @ 01:37 PM
link   
Wau! Those are both really great aircraft!

Does anyone know who built them? I sure would like to get a job there; you can tell, just by looking, that it's gotta be a really class outfit designing and building aircraft that cool!

Wau!!

[edit on 18-3-2005 by Off_The_Street]

posted on Mar, 18 2005 @ 01:40 PM
link   
Oh wow, beutiful! I too would like to know what it's function is designed to be. Is it a spy place, bomber, etc.?

posted on Mar, 18 2005 @ 01:45 PM
link   
Ok this right here:

Has to be the COOLEST pic on the site you've linked us to Klepto!

(i've got a thing for flight sims, and well seeing one form the 60s, that lokos as advanced as it did... wow!)

posted on Mar, 18 2005 @ 01:45 PM
link   
Google x45a? Sigh never mind have a link

posted on Mar, 18 2005 @ 01:51 PM
link   
found a little bit of info about...

posted on Mar, 18 2005 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Wau! Those are both really great aircraft!

Does anyone know who built them? I sure would like to get a job there; you can tell, just by looking, that it's gotta be a really class outfit designing and building aircraft that cool!

Wau!!

Hehe...just had to toot the Boeing horn, eh?

posted on Mar, 18 2005 @ 02:33 PM
link   
for those who dont click links or bother to checl out info for themselves...

The picture is of a F-18 and X-45A.

The X-45A is a unmanned bomber (UCAV), build by boeing, only 2 exist. It will not go into production, the version that probably will go into production is the X-45C, Darpa is paying Boeing to build 3 of them, they will be a unmanned bomber that can hold 4,500 lb's of bombs and will cruise at .85 mach, and those 3 will be completed in 2007, and after a couple years of testing I would expect the Air Force to buy hundreds of em'.

posted on Mar, 18 2005 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Murcielago
for those who dont click links or bother to checl out info for themselves...

The picture is of a F-18 and X-45A.

The X-45A is a unmanned bomber (UCAV), build by boeing, only 2 exist. It will not go into production, the version that probably will go into production is the X-45C, Darpa is paying Boeing to build 3 of them, they will be a unmanned bomber that can hold 4,500 lb's of bombs and will cruise at .85 mach, and those 3 will be completed in 2007, and after a couple years of testing I would expect the Air Force to buy hundreds of em'.

a few less servicement required... won't be long until the defence of most countries is simply and army of electrical and mechanical engineers and scientists.. the days of the grunt will soon be over.

posted on Mar, 18 2005 @ 02:48 PM
link   
I keep telling my wife:

“I spend all these hours playing video games cause’ I’m in training…” “I want to be ready when my nation calls on me…”

She hasn’t bought it yet.

posted on Mar, 18 2005 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by skippytjc
I keep telling my wife:

“I spend all these hours playing video games cause’ I’m in training…” “I want to be ready when my nation calls on me…”

She hasn’t bought it yet.

I'm with you on this Skippy! I started way back on Chuck Yeagers first flight sim so I guess I could be ready for Top Gun. Bring it on!!

posted on Mar, 18 2005 @ 03:01 PM
link   
Murcie and Klepto, that was an inside joke that Gazrok was alluding to ('toot the Boeing horn').

I'm an engineering proposal manager at Boeing-Mesa

posted on Mar, 18 2005 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Off_The_Street
Murcie and Klepto, that was an inside joke that Gazrok was alluding to ('toot the Boeing horn').

I'm an engineering proposal manager at Boeing-Mesa
Unfortunately I am wearing a tin foil dunse cap.. please explain

posted on Mar, 18 2005 @ 03:52 PM
link   
I'll be damned if that second picture (the side view) doesn't look like a saucer shape. Hmmmm covert testing of stealth vehicles, saucer sightings.
Anybody see where this is going????

posted on Mar, 18 2005 @ 04:19 PM
link   
the airforce saids that the F-22 is the last maned aircraft they will use, all future aircrafts will be unmaned...
cool hun

posted on Mar, 18 2005 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by ulshadow
the airforce saids that the F-22 is the last maned aircraft they will use, all future aircrafts will be unmaned...
cool hun

what....highly doubtfull.

Links, sources, something...I have never heard that, and I'm 99.999999999% sure they wouldn't say that.

posted on Mar, 18 2005 @ 05:28 PM
link   
yeah unmanned aircraft would be cool, but i dont see the F-22 being the last Manned aircraft for the Airforce cuz then they would loose the targets of opporunity, Both unmanned and manned aircraft can fly pre programmed routes but only the manned when can efectivly take advantage of Targets of opportunity

posted on Mar, 18 2005 @ 09:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by zakattack
yeah unmanned aircraft would be cool, but i dont see the F-22 being the last Manned aircraft for the Airforce cuz then they would loose the targets of opporunity, Both unmanned and manned aircraft can fly pre programmed routes but only the manned when can efectivly take advantage of Targets of opportunity

what do you mean?
Targets of Oportunities??? like what?

posted on Mar, 18 2005 @ 10:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Murcielago

Originally posted by zakattack

what do you mean?
Targets of Oportunities??? like what?

there are many times like when the Airforce or Army sends up an A-10 to go bomb some Insurgent hideout while he flying by lets say he sees 3 or 4 trucks driving down the road with 50 cal machine guns on top and he sees that these are heading towards a US check point Gaurded by US troops They call that Targets of Opportunity, The pilot is going to take a hideout but he also has the opportunity to take out the trucks as well,

Nothing can replace A humans actuall ability to see things as they are happening, Video Relay may be slow getting from the UAV to a satellite then trasnfered to ground control which could be to late to respond as where the A-10 can do a fly by and empty a few rounds out of it Gun.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join