It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. Government, States Bring Antitrust Action Against Facebook

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 9 2020 @ 05:22 PM
link   

The antitrust lawsuits were announced by the Federal Trade Commission and New York Attorney General Letitia James.

MARCY GORDON and MICHAEL R. SISAK
WASHINGTON (AP) — Federal regulators on Wednesday sued to force a breakup of Facebook as 48 states and districts accused the company in a separate lawsuit of abusing its market power in social networking to crush smaller competitors.

The landmark antitrust lawsuits, announced by the Federal Trade Commission and New York Attorney General Letitia James, mark the second major government offensive this year against seemingly untouchable tech behemoths. The Justice Department sued Google in October for abusing its dominance in online search and advertising — the government’s most significant attempt to buttress competition since its historic case against Microsoft two decades ago. Amazon and Apple also have been under investigation in Congress and by federal authorities for alleged anticompetitive conduct.

Interesting. The feds and NY state go after the bright boy.

This will be the biggest antitrust since the Microsoft antitrust case in 2001.

Do they need to break up the behemoths?

Maybe...

The FTC said Facebook has engaged in a “a systematic strategy” to eliminate its competition, including by purchasing smaller up-and-coming rivals like Instagram in 2012 and WhatsApp in 2014. James echoed that in her press conference, saying Facebook “used its monopoly power to crush smaller rivals and snuff out competition, all at the expense of everyday users.

link

edit on 9-12-2020 by Willtell because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2020 @ 05:35 PM
link   
I did search it but didn't see the other op

Take it down

posted on Dec, 9 2020 @ 05:44 PM
link   
I think these "actions" by government are nothing but red herrings 🚨

Let it sink in as to "why" 🚨

posted on Dec, 9 2020 @ 07:11 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Oooh, ooooh
I'll take false flag murdering the internet Alex!

Pentagon/Darpa Lifelog turned Facebook the same day.
Alphabet inc?? Lol

I'll agree with the anti trust, but the other liability of posts crap is an internet killer
Including ATS
That's the ultimate goal here. Demonize the ic companies they started, get society against them them kill off everyone else.

So obvious.
We are going to need a house to house internet soon. No more $100+ month bill either.
Gd control freaks.

interedasting

edit on 12 by Mandroid7 because: Sp

edit on 12 by Mandroid7 because: Sp..ugg

edit on 12 by Mandroid7 because: Link

top topics

join