It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ominous. U.S. Positioning Naval Vessels OFF Easy and West Coasts. Massive Troop Movements in CONUS

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2020 @ 08:40 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

The carrier fleet pushed maintenance off for years, and it caught up to them. You can't turn a carrier around in a month or two if it requires more than very basic maintenance, so they're working up after their maintenance period ended. Depending on maintenance required, a carrier is in port for anywhere from three months to five years. Also depending on maintenance, you can have yard trials, acceptance trials, work ups, and the COMPTUEX before the ship can deploy. All of that takes place off the coasts. Usually pretty close to the coasts.

If they were worried about a North Korean missile attack, it wouldn't be carriers out there, it would be the Aegis BMD ships. Carriers can't do a lot about a missile attack like that, but those ships can tie into the GBI net and provide tracking data, in addition to the SBX, to help target any incoming missiles. Carriers don't do well as defensive units. They were designed to project power, not provide defense.

posted on Dec, 8 2020 @ 08:44 PM
link   
a reply to: dug88

Sounds similar to the 'Still Report' video that shows a squadron of 40 V-22 Osprey tiltrotors flying overhead on election night... (@ 4 min.) www.youtube.com...

posted on Dec, 8 2020 @ 08:44 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Most people see ANY kind of military movement as "unusual". The JFEX (I don't care what they call it, it's JFEX damnit) has been going on twice a year, for years, and every time people freak out over it. The worst was the year they did a no notice "deployment" of 12 B-2s as part of it, to prove that the B-2 fleet was ready to go. (They flew from Missouri, up to Washington, down to California, to the exercise area, and a roundabout way back to Missouri as their deployment simulation.) I constantly hear about "unusual" military movements that are nothing but routine, but people don't try to learn, or decide they're more enlightened than the people that know what the movement is. So every time the same thing happens, exactly as scheduled, we end up with Chicken Little again.

posted on Dec, 8 2020 @ 08:51 PM
link   
a reply to: pointr97

Link to the army troupe movements please.

posted on Dec, 8 2020 @ 08:52 PM
link   
Exercise or not...

I can't help but laugh about how an actual war would go in the info age.

#coming around building!
#look right there!
#behind the hill!
#hiding right there!

Twitter soldiers everywhere

posted on Dec, 8 2020 @ 09:00 PM
link   
a reply to: The2Billies

Its a wonder though that they would spend so much money in what is an exercise. Small or large, I would imagine you would learn the same things.

posted on Dec, 8 2020 @ 09:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Murgatroid

And where did this supposedly happen? That video is cut multiple times, and could easily show the same aircraft over until there were 40 showing. Forty Osprey is multiple squadrons. The Air Force only has 54, which are spread out between Florida, New Mexico, and the UK as the primary units. The Marines have 16 squadrons, but one squadron is only 12 aircraft. And of those 12 aircraft, not all are flyable at once usually. So that would be at least 4 squadrons of Marine aircraft, at a minimum, and that's being exceedingly generous. (Air Force CV-22s have a mission capable rate of 53.45% in 2019, meaning slightly over half of the aircraft were down for maintenance. The Marine MV-22s were a little better at around 60% in 2019, but that still meant 4 out of 10 were down for maintenance.) More realistically you're looking at 5+ squadrons to get 40 aircraft airborne.
edit on 12/8/2020 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2020 @ 09:05 PM
link   
a reply to: nOraKat

They learn a lot more in a large exercise. The students in that exercise just completed a six month course, and became certified weapons instructors. They'll go back to their units and teach tactics and threats to their squadrons. The students were responsible for planning the insertion, dealing with the threats, coordinating many different types of aircraft (there were a lot of aircraft involved that we didn't see on trackers, many flying out of Nellis, not coming from various bases), and a lot more. It's an invaluable exercise, and what they learn is incredibly important.

posted on Dec, 8 2020 @ 09:06 PM
link   
a reply to: pointr97

They are Waiting for Civilian Disguised CCP Troops Currently in Mexico to Cross into the U.S. Border and Start a Armed Conflict . Thanks Joe you Traitorous Coward !

posted on Dec, 8 2020 @ 09:06 PM
link   
news.usni.org...-81946

The Roosevelt deployed early with a no comment from the USN for reason.

posted on Dec, 8 2020 @ 09:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

Unless of course the sky really IS falling...

Lets not forget what year this is.

posted on Dec, 8 2020 @ 09:23 PM
link   
a reply to: StingrayCrazy

The Navy almost never comments on ship deployments. And yes, it did for a reason. We need carriers at sea, not sitting in port tied up for maintenance. Which is how we got in this predicament in the first place. We kept them out to sea, and didn't bring them in for maintenance until we didn't have a choice but to bring them in.

Of the carriers in the fleet, we have:

USS Nimitz- North Arabian Sea, deployed since June
USS Eisenhower- Workups in the Virginia Capes Operating Areas
USS Carl Vinson- Southern California Operating Areas for workups and training Fleet Replacement Squadron pilots
USS Roosevelt- EASTPAC beginning deployment
USS Lincoln- Port undergoing maintenance
USS Washington- RCOH began August 2017, scheduled to complete in 2022
USS Stennis- In port since November 2019, enters RCOH January 2021
USS Truman- Began ECIA (six month maintenance period) July 2020
USS Reagan- Forward deployed to Yokosuka, in port
USS George HW Bush- DPIA since Feb 2019, undocked in August, DPIA completes Feb 2021

So of 10 carriers, we have two that are deployed, counting the Roosevelt, which has been deployed one day so far, and two in workups, one of which is about to deploy. The others are in various maintenance periods, with two about to be out of commission for several years still. Even if Washington completes RCOH on time, which it probably won't due to budget issues, it'll be months afterwards before it's ready to deploy.

posted on Dec, 8 2020 @ 09:26 PM
link   

No idea really, I don't think he mentions it. Glad to get your feedback though. Forgot all about the ATS aviation crowd til now, would have posted it sooner had I thought about you guys... I do seem to remember that Bill mentions the incident in two separate videos on his channel, I do not know which is the other video though, just remember him mentioning two separate times.

Edit: I wonder if Bill would share that info with you via email...

edit on 12.8.2020 by Murgatroid because: Felt like it...

posted on Dec, 8 2020 @ 09:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Murgatroid

There's never been an Osprey movement of that size that I can think of, beyond the occasional "Look what we can do" staged elephant walk and launch. And those are usually take off, fly a short exercise, and land and put the aircraft back into maintenance that you pulled early for the photo op. If that many aircraft had been flying a mission of any kind, the rumors would be going on about it, and none of the places that would be talking about it are.

posted on Dec, 8 2020 @ 09:40 PM
link   
Whatever the reason, let's stay vigilant. I need not remind how many real events just coincidentally happen during "training exercises" .

posted on Dec, 8 2020 @ 09:43 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

So what has the military been doing for more than 2 years?

I keep hearing about selfish corrupt and greedy Americans, powerfull bastards at that.

And the Trump admin is just sitting on their hands?

posted on Dec, 8 2020 @ 09:58 PM
link   

If an f16 was to come back from a routine training flight, then get scrambled and put back up with a wingman, only to come back a missile short, in a time of peace. In conus, what might that entail?

posted on Dec, 8 2020 @ 10:29 PM
link   
a reply to: caterpillage

First, they don't fly with missiles, unless they're alert aircraft. Alert aircraft very rarely fly in exercises, and then generally only exercises geared towards them. Those don't happen often. If they came back, and were loaded with a missile, it would require the shop to build the missile, load it on the trailer, move it to the aircraft, upload it to the aircraft, all of which would require multiple people directly involved with arming the aircraft, as well as the people involved with prepping the aircraft for launch, and other people on the ramp seeing them loading the weapon. One of the reasons there weren't more armed aircraft in the air on 9/11 is because it would take almost an hour just to load the guns, and close to two hours to fully arm an aircraft from a cold start. The only ones that were armed were the alert force, which had been gutted under Clinton, and reduced to between 14 and 21 aircraft for all of CONUS.

(And this isn't a debate about 9/11, or about politics, that's simply a statement of fact.)

posted on Dec, 8 2020 @ 10:42 PM
link   

Thanks for the lesson...

Retired GSEC here

posted on Dec, 8 2020 @ 10:45 PM
link   

MCBH seems to have its contingent intact.
Doing what they do. Flying in circles.

Damn, they're weird looking. Ain't natural, I say.

edit on 12/8/2020 by Phage because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join