It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Antigravity Underground

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2003 @ 02:39 AM
link   
The fantastic floating device called a lifter has no moving parts, no onboard fuel, and no shortage of wide-eyed admirers. Even inside NASA.

It's time for liftoff, so I pull on my thick, elbow-length rubber gloves and put the fire extinguisher within reach.

This is probably overkill, but I'm a little jumpy. I'm not accustomed to unleashing massive amounts of voltage in my cramped apartment. I do one last check of my DC transformer, which I bought online from a guy who specializes in energy systems that are illegal in several states. He put a sticker on this one: DANGER: ANTIGRAVITY IN DRIVER.

Here is the rest of the story:
www.wired.com...

posted on Jul, 14 2003 @ 06:17 PM
link   
Very cool!

This is basically a remake of Thomas Townsend Browns earliest experiments when he was still working on the Brown/Biefield Effect (electrogravitics). Strange that this technology doesnt appear in the scientific literature, and that younger generations of experimenters are "discovering it all over again", even though it was originally developed in the 1920s.

People are wondering why this technology isnt taken more seriously and used in serious applications???

It was! In 1954, Project Winterhaven began, in a quest to develop an antigravity disk vehicle with Mach 3+ capability.

By 1952, Brown gave a demonstration to a Air Force major general in which Brown flew a pair of 18-inch disc airfoils suspended from opposite ends of a rotatable arm. The discs were electrified with 50,000 volts and circuited at a speed of 12 miles per hour.

Approximately one year later, he flew a set of three- foot diameter saucers for Air Force officials and representatives from several major aircraft companies.

These discs were energized with 150,000 volts, and sped around the 50-foot diameter course so fast that the subject was immediately classified. A report by ``Interavia'' magazine noted that the discs would attain speeds of several hundred miles per hour when charged with several hundred thousand volts.

The secret to Brown's discs was that they were charged with a high positive voltage, via a wire, running along their leading edge. A high negative voltage ran along their trailing edge, also on a wire. As the wires ionized the air around them, a study by Paul A. LaViolette said, a dense cloud of positive ions would form ahead of the craft and a corresponding cloud of negative ions would form behind the craft.

LaViolette said that Brown's research showed that, like the charged plates of his capacitors, these ion clouds induced a gravitational force directed in the minus to plus direction. In short, a gravitational well formed ahead of the disc which pulled the craft, while a gravitational hill formed behind the craft and pushed it. As the disc moved forward in response to its self-generated gravity field, it would carry with it its positive and negative ion clouds and their associated electrogravity gradient. The discs in effect would ride their advancing gravity wave much like surfers ride an ocean wave, LaViolette said.

The occupants of one of the saucers, if there were occupants, would feel no stress at all no matter how sharp the turn or how great the acceleration, LaViolette said. This was because the ship and is occupants and the load are all responding equally to the wavelike distortion of the local grsharp the turn or h

Brown by 1952 had put together a proposal, code named ``Project Winterhaven,'' LaViolette said, which suggested that the military develop an antigravity combat saucer with Mach 3 capability. As early as 1954, according to a report prepared by the private aviation intelligence firm Aviation Studies International Ltd., the Air Force had begun plans to fund research that would accomplish Project Winterhaven's objectives.

That report, issued in 1956 and called ``Electrogravitic Systems: An Explanation of Electrostatic Motion, Dynamic Counterbary and Barycentric Control,'' was originally classified as ``confidential.'' That report mentioned the names of more than 10 major aircraft companies which were actively involved in the electrogravitics research in an attempt to duplicate or extend Brown's work.

www.geocities.com...

posted on Jul, 14 2003 @ 06:32 PM
link   
In the corner of Campbell's lab is a thick stainless steel base about 3 feet square, over which stands a 3-foot-tall glass bell jar. NASA's lifter sits beneath the glass. It's slightly different from the usual design. Campbell wanted his device to rotate, not float, so that it would be easier to measure the thrust. He created two capacitors that are tubular, like tiny jet engines - with the hot wire on one end, a gap, and a metal tube for the ground. Each capacitor is mounted on the end of a rotor, driving it like a pinwheel. Last fall, they tested the contraption in regular air - shooting it with 27,000 volts at 20 microamps. Bingo: It generated 3 millipounds of force, and the rotors spun at 60 rpm.

Then, in December, they finished tweaking their vacuum. They were able to get the pressure inside the bell jar down to the equivalent of low-Earth orbit - 10-7 torrs, to be precise. They put the device inside and hit the juice.

Nothing happened.

It wouldn't budge an inch. They jammed the voltage up to 50,000 volts, and still nothing. They repeated the tests several times but didn't dare use higher voltage. "We had lightning coming out the back of it," says Andy Finchum, Campbell's assistant, pointing to a set of plastic guards he set up after nearly frying himself. "You could start hearing the hiss at those voltages, and that's when you don't want to get close!" He hands me a thick gray pressure gauge. "These are $1,500 apiece, and we toasted one."

posted on Jul, 14 2003 @ 07:03 PM
link   

[Edited on 15-7-2003 by dragonrider]

posted on Jul, 14 2003 @ 07:18 PM
link   
It would appear that Brown did make his disks fly in vaccuum in the 1940s and 1950s.

I would say this is likely disinformation to divert attention away from the technology that powers the US X Craft fleet.

Thomas Townsend Brown:
Electro-Gravity Device

Office of Naval Research File 24-185 (15 September 1952)

An Investigation Relative to T. T. Brown

by
Willoughby M. Cady (ONR, Pasadena)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1 ) Introduction ~

This report summarizes a technical investigation of certain claims of Thomas Townsend Brown concerning a proposed method of propulsion for aerial vehicles. The investigation, which began May 3, 1952 and which is concluded hereby, is mainly analytical, no allotment having been made for an experimental program.

www.rexresearch.com...

posted on Jul, 15 2003 @ 01:59 AM
link   
I'm heading to a Hamfest ( electronic swapmeet/Fleamarket ) in Milton, Florida on the 25th & 26th I hope to find most of the parts I need to build a "Lifter". The power supply being the most important. I will let you know on my progress.

posted on Nov, 22 2003 @ 05:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by RealFlight
I'm heading to a Hamfest ( electronic swapmeet/Fleamarket ) in Milton, Florida on the 25th & 26th I hope to find most of the parts I need to build a "Lifter". The power supply being the most important. I will let you know on my progress.

is this from an extract....or r u 4 real?? is this coming from you? or a webpage

join