It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: Iranian Freedom Group Formed in Washington

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2005 @ 11:37 AM
link   
A group of Iranian ex-patriots has formed a foundation aimed at promoting democracy in the Islamic state of Iran. The group, made up of human rights activists, scholars, and philanthropists formed their organization in Washington, D.C. They believe that the large numbers of people in Iran under the age of 30 are craving democracy, and they wish to assist those within Iran who are fighting for freedom.

www.worldnetdaily.com
A group aimed at assisting Iranians who seek freedom from the cleric-led Islamic regime has been launched in Washington.

The Iran Freedom Foundation, a non-profit educational organization, says it will seek to educate the public about "the dire social, political and economic situation under Iran’s mullahs."

The IFF was established by American and Iranian scholars, professionals, philanthropists and human rights advocates who believe support by the international community for democratic efforts in Iran is critical.

"We have created the foundation in order to support opposition groups inside Iran," said Jerome Corsi, IFF spokesman.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

It is my belief that this group organized itself after witnessing the Cedar Revolution in Lebanon. After witnessing the success that the people of Lebanon had ousting the Syrian backed government, I believe they feel it can happen in Iran also.

What is questionable is the location where this group has set up shop, Washington, D.C. No doubt they have the backing of the US government, and will get all the funding they need from them.

It has been rumored and surmised that the US backed the Lebannese opposition. This latest group may be yet another example of US involvement in the politics of other nations.

Related News Links:
www.iranfreedomfoundation.org

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
OP/ED:Who is Organising these Spontaneous Popular Uprisings ?

[edit on 3/18/2005 by phreak_of_nature]

posted on Mar, 18 2005 @ 11:41 AM
link   
Great, but beware of the oppertunistic Challabis

posted on Mar, 18 2005 @ 12:02 PM
link   
The guy in charge of this group helped write the Swift Boat Veterans book against John Kerry.
WTF is that all about?

www.iranfreedomfoundation.org...

The IFF derives important documentation and direction from Dr. Jerome R. Corsi's book, Atomic Iran: How the Terrorist Regime Bought the Bomb and American Politicians. (WND Books, an Imprint of Cumberland House Publishing, Inc., publication date March 22, 2005). Dr. Corsi is a principle founder of the IFF and will serve as a primary spokesperson for the organization. Dr. Corsi is also the co-author of the New York Times #1 bestseller Unfit for Command: Swift Boat Veterans Speak Out Against John Kerry.

posted on Mar, 18 2005 @ 12:08 PM
link   
Media Matters has a bit on this guy:

mediamatters

Corsi on Islam: "a worthless, dangerous Satanic religion"

• Corsi on Catholicism: "Boy buggering in both Islam and Catholicism is okay with the Pope as long as it isn't reported by the liberal press"

• Corsi on Muslims: "RAGHEADS are Boy-Bumpers as clearly as they are Women-Haters -- it all goes together"

• Corsi on "John F*ing Commie Kerry": "After he married TerRAHsa, didn't John Kerry begin practicing Judiasm? He also has paternal grandparents that were Jewish. What religion is John Kerry?"

• Corsi on Senator "FAT HOG" Clinton: "Anybody ask why HELLary couldn't keep BJ Bill satisfied? Not lesbo or anything, is she?"

A nice collection of quotes from this guy are on that page, blasting Muslims, Catholics, Bill and Hillary Clinton, John Kerry, the media, etc...

I wouldn't trust anything this group has to say.
Is he even from Iran?
He was educated at Harvard and he doesn't look Iranian.

Notice the confererate flag pin.

[edit on 18-3-2005 by AceOfBase]

posted on Mar, 18 2005 @ 12:21 PM
link   
Great a US-sponsored group of Iranians, nothing bad can come from this

They'll be disappointed if they're basing their group on the Cedar revolution. The pro-Syrian government has been reappointed.

posted on Mar, 18 2005 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by subz
Great a US-sponsored group of Iranians, nothing bad can come from this

Nothing bad can come from a group formed by a man who hates Muslims and is falsely claiming to represent the people of Iran?

I disagree.

posted on Mar, 18 2005 @ 12:28 PM
link   
Sorry AceOfBase I wasnt clear enough, I was being sarcastic

[edit on 18/3/05 by subz]

posted on Mar, 18 2005 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by subz
Sorry AceOfBase I wasnt clear enough, I was being sarcastic

Ah OK

Sorry I misunderstood you.

posted on Mar, 18 2005 @ 12:39 PM
link   
To me, the whole thing just stinks. A true Iranian pro democracry group should be made up of Iranians. Not a conglomeration of Iranian Americans, and Americans.

I did a little more research after posting and found that this group is not as new as the article proclaims. True Corsi, has been involved with the Swift Boat Vets, and authored a book against a nuclear Iran. Supposedly the funds from the sale of those books has been intended to fund the IFF. They had their beginnings before the election in '04.

So they weren't founded after the Cedar Revolution, but that event may have inspired them to go ahead and make the public declaration now.

posted on Mar, 18 2005 @ 01:41 PM
link   
I would like to think that a non proffit groop in the U.S. could help make a difference in Iran. But just seeing what the track record is of makeing a positive change in other nations, well I just have doubts if we will see anything good come of it. I guess from hear on out will just hope that it will work.

new topics

top topics

join