It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The State of Texas filed a lawsuit directly with the U.S. Supreme Court

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2020 @ 07:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ohanka
For the Fifth Circuit - Samuel A. Alito, Jr., Associate Justice (Louisiana, Mississippi, Texas)

Alito is on the Third Circuit.

link   
a reply to: jrod
You might be right, but of course that assumes that the continued lunacy of the leftists doesn't eventually drive the majority of traditionally blue voting ethnic minorities to wake up and change their political preferences -- as seems to be happening at record rates.

One only has to look at the huge following that various conservative minority "influencers" have on social media (Candace Owens, The Hodge Twins, Officer Tatum, etc, the list goes on).

The Trump hate might have been enough this time around, but I have little doubt the extreme leftist agenda has caused some serious issues for the Democratic party going forward.

The MSM is continuing to lose the trust of the people and thus their ability to control the narrative is failing.

link   

Name one

posted on Dec, 8 2020 @ 07:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: jrod
a reply to: Gryphon66

The fact they are only going after states where Biden won says it all.

One can easily find states where Trump won that had similar changes via executive action, yet the lawsuit did no name those states.

We both know this will go no where, but it might be the kind of news that will help Trump get more donations.

And I'm sure in your mind, a better way for Trump to approach this would be to go to all the states he won, and contest those votes with a day or two left in his fight.

You really are a derp kind of guy aren't you.

link   
a reply to: SleeperHasAwakened
The law is supposed to be consistent within the state, no?
And changed by the state legislature, no?
Hmmm.....how and where, did that not happen?

link   

originally posted by: MerkabaMeditation

originally posted by: Gryphon66

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus
a reply to: Klassified

That looks like it's correct. Currently no case number so at this point the Justices still need to decide to accept it or not.

I'll be damned.

Now that IS interesting!

Texas wants to dictate to other States how to run their elections?

So much for States Rights, eh?

Fascinating times, if it's true.

Hmmm ... the document was uploaded to Scribd by Breitbart.

No one likes a cheater. Wait for what the US Supreme Court will say about all of this - I suspect you won´t like their decision.

-MM

We will see. Thanks for going on record.

IF the suit is real, IF it's actually been filed, and IF the SC hears it ... then I grant you, it might be the most important judicial case in American history.

Thus my description of "fascinating."

posted on Dec, 8 2020 @ 07:38 AM
link   

I just did a quick search and found several sites posting this
story.I didn't see any that was "main stream media".

posted on Dec, 8 2020 @ 07:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ahabstar
Couple points.

It is much easier to figure out who to charge once it has been proven a crime occurred. Right now is only strong suspicion. Plus you can get suspects to roll over on each other for reduced sentences or immunity.

What really needs to happen is a Californian Republican that the nation can rally around like Reagan needs to run. You flip California red a few times using the “favorite son” method then it might stick. Especially if there is several terms in a row like post Civil War era until basically Wilson.

Leftist cheaters will stand in line to confess to reduce their sentences once it´s all in the open, and they will all start blaming each other and playing the victim card - trust me. They will manage to sentence a lot of people, but mostly foot people that did the dirty work, the powerful people behind he scenes are probably smart enough to have used all kinds of middle men & women to claim innocence.

edit on 8-12-2020 by MerkabaMeditation because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2020 @ 07:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

The fact they are only going after states where Biden won says it all.

One can easily find states where Trump won that had similar changes via executive action, yet the lawsuit did no name those states.

We both know this will go no where, but it might be the kind of news that will help Trump get more donations.

And I'm sure in your mind, a better way for Trump to approach this would be to go to all the states he won, and contest those votes with a day or two left in his fight.

You really are a derp kind of guy aren't you.

Wait, was it Trump or Texas that allegedly filed this?

Besides, while we're talking "derp" ... lets' talk about 50 + suits that have been laughed out of court.

link   

This case will go no where and is a waste of the Supreme Court's time.

Yeah, what a waste of their precious time. I know they're essentially booked 24/7/365.

The rigorous schedule is why they all die so young.
edit on 12/8/20 by Ksihkehe because: Typo

link   

originally posted by: mamabeth

I just did a quick search and found several sites posting this
story.I didn't see any that was "main stream media".

Yes, they're downstream repeater sits for Breitbart ... gets it onto search engines faster.

posted on Dec, 8 2020 @ 07:40 AM
link   

Couple points.

It is much easier to figure out who to charge once it has been proven a crime occurred. Right now is only strong suspicion. Plus you can get suspects to roll over on each other for reduced sentences or immunity.

What really needs to happen is a Californian Republican that the nation can rally around like Reagan needs to run. You flip California red a few times using the “favorite son” method then it might stick. Especially if there is several terms in a row like post Civil War era until basically Wilson.

Leftist cheaters will stand in line to confess to reduce their sentences once it´s all in the open, and they will all start blaming each other and playing the victim card - trust me.

-MM

Wow.

Going all in eh?

This is like candy at Christmas.

posted on Dec, 8 2020 @ 07:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody
a reply to: SleeperHasAwakened
The law is supposed to be consistent within the state, no?
And changed by the state legislature, no?
Hmmm.....how and where, did that not happen?

"....'bout to find out"

posted on Dec, 8 2020 @ 07:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: network dude
If you look at what's being charged, the states in question are going against their own constitution. Asking them to follow their own rules shouldn't be something that needs to be litigated in court, but here we are.

Elections have consequences and this is what happens when you elect people who think laws are merely guidelines to be discarded when inconvenient.

link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

Couple points.

Leftist cheaters will stand in line to confess to reduce their sentences once it´s all in the open, and they will all start blaming each other and playing the victim card - trust me.

-MM

Wow.

Going all in eh?

This is like candy at Christmas.

Santa says you don´t deserve any candy this year.

+4 more 
link   

You call Trump supporters gullible while the same time you refuse to see the massive irregularities and fraud that went on with this election.

The hypocrisy and hubris of the left will be its undoing.

posted on Dec, 8 2020 @ 07:44 AM
link   
a reply to: MerkabaMeditation
It disappears.
Santa can't find it.

posted on Dec, 8 2020 @ 07:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: TERAKO68

You call Trump supporters gullible while the same time you refuse to see the massive irregularities and fraud that went on with this election.

When?

posted on Dec, 8 2020 @ 07:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: TERAKO68

What do you make of the fact that Trump's own attorneys in court, multiple times, have stated under oath that they have no proof of fraud?

What do you make of Trump's own DOJ and Homeland Security saying the same things?

posted on Dec, 8 2020 @ 07:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: Ohanka
For the Fifth Circuit - Samuel A. Alito, Jr., Associate Justice (Louisiana, Mississippi, Texas)

Alito is on the Third Circuit.

He is also on the 5th.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join