It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cyberpunk 2077 Reviews are out

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2021 @ 03:21 AM
link   
Dont forget to lookup how to get the secret ending, totally worth it, I can only play here and there because I work a lot , and my husband has snuck on a few times! The CREATON!

posted on Jan, 29 2021 @ 01:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Mike Stivic

I lived in an area that was rural over here in the UK, there was very little internet coverage and even with a mobile phone you could not get a signal due to the shape of the terrain blocking the nearest mast signal.

My workaround since I had a dongle and not a landline connection at that time was to use a USB expansion cable and a few old brush poles held together with some doweling rod for support and wrapped in duck tape, popped the ugly dongle elevator out outside the back room window and duck taped the pole as high as I could, it actually worked very well indeed, but dongle internet can be very costly.

As for Everquest that game wrecked marriages, ruined friendship's and even bankrupted people so it had to be pretty addictive, WOW and a few other's are it's equivalent today.

Kotaku did a piece on his Gaming Addiction a while back.
kotaku.com...

For me it was Morrowind, I know not online and single player but back in the day despite no AI, crap graphics and no Physics engine the game could be played pretty much any way you wanted and with mod's - well there are still die hard Morrowind addicts out there today and a still active modding site, a very addictive escape into a fantasy realm, another life and adventures that took your mind away from the often depressing situation that many gamers faced in there real world, despite being single player it too had that problem of players becoming addicted to it and spending way too much time in front of there monitors and I have to say I was one of them, it had a world to explore if not as big as an online game, almost endless quests and always (with mod's) something new to find and explore.

I don't think even Oblivion or Skyrim or TESO were anywhere near as addictive as that first experience of a role playing game and before that I was a duke 3d and quake fan but after I just had to have RPG experience to scratch that itch.

posted on Jan, 30 2021 @ 11:22 AM
link   
a reply to: LABTECH767

Everquest had me hooked for 6 years or so. After several years playing, got my then GF into it. Played online with friends I had in a guild. Went to Vegas in 2006 for Sony's Fanfest, three days of events, games and lots of alcohol.

Six months later she up and left one day to move across the country for a guy we played with and met in Vegas. My playing time went down big time and I just lost interest. Same thing happened to other friends/guildies quite often, the online fantasy relationships breaking up real life ones.

I think EQ and the internet was a novelty to many of us 20+ years ago. Dated graphics aside though, I still think EQ and the built in player cooperation was still the best

posted on Aug, 18 2021 @ 01:48 PM
link   
Patch 1.3 had finally landed weighing in at 36GB , the only new content is an alternative appearance for Johnny Silverhand's , a jacket and a new car but the patch does come with a long list of improvements to the games Balance and gameplay mechanics.
store.steampowered.com...
edit on 18-8-2021 by gortex because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join