It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

what's the best corporate antivirus?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 6 2020 @ 12:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude
a reply to: tanstaafl

the base system looks cost efficient, you have had good luck with minimal end user trouble?

In the 15 years we've been using it...

-knock-on-virtual-wood-

We've had exactly one issue - way back in the Windows XP days, where one of those ridiculous fake Antivirus (AntivirusXP) snuck in, but ESET prevented it from doing anything major, and it was easily removed, didn't even require a wipe/reinstall, although I did it anyway after confirming everything was fine (I'm a cautious guy)...

ESMC (used for pushing out policies, updates, etc) is very easy to use, once you learn it. I've heard the Cloud version is the same, but I'm old school, prefer local tools, especially where security is concerned.
edit on 6-12-2020 by tanstaafl because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2020 @ 12:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: ManSizedSquirrel
Bitdefender Gravityzone has kept us very safe so far but it can be a little wonky sometimes rolling it out to clients. I do like that it has the ability to use your local Active Directory but I don’t go that route because that seems a little risky.

ESET also integrates with AD...

Incidentally, I recommend the BitDefender free version to anyone who prefers not to pay (wish ESET had a free version)...

posted on Dec, 6 2020 @ 12:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: jtrenthacker
While none of them are perfect, it seems to be very effective. We might get some phishing emails that get through from time to time but that’s when good customer training comes in. We require all employees to take a training course for best practices. This seems to be more effective than any endpoint protection.

I can highly, highly recommend KnowBe4 for security awareness training. It has made a huge difference for our employees, and is not extremely expensive.

posted on Dec, 6 2020 @ 01:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Klassified

Honestly, you and ND probably are better suited to judge what will work on larger networks than I am. I've stayed with smaller clients for a reason. I'm a one man show, so I have to keep up on my own.

I am also a one man show, with a select few clients. I have just enough to pay the bills and save a little. That leaves me with time to do other things.

I have part of a mosquito abatement company and that takes some time during the bug season.

I'm rolling into my fun time. no stress until late March.

posted on Dec, 6 2020 @ 01:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: tanstaafl

Bitdefender Gravityzone has kept us very safe so far but it can be a little wonky sometimes rolling it out to clients. I do like that it has the ability to use your local Active Directory but I don’t go that route because that seems a little risky.

ESET also integrates with AD...

Incidentally, I recommend the BitDefender free version to anyone who prefers not to pay (wish ESET had a free version)...

Ya I liked ESET but the brass didn’t. Personally I did like having everything “in-house” like a hardware firewall or some kind of client/server setup. But we’ve had Bitdefender for two years (I oversee all of it) and it’s been pretty good, it’s almost completely silent to the user which has been great (no stupid emails from users about false alarms).

posted on Dec, 6 2020 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Ya I liked ESET but the brass didn’t.

Just curious - what didn't they like about it?

Also, how long ago was this? It has changed a lot over the years.

Personally I did like having everything “in-house” like a hardware firewall or some kind of client/server setup.

Oh, I wouldn't be without a perimeter firewall either. We have a Watchguard, but there are a lot of good ones out there. Watchguard also has a TDR (Threat Detection and Response) module/app that installs and runs on each endpoint for added security that integrates with their backend systems.

ESET is just what we use for the endpoint security.

But we’ve had Bitdefender for two years (I oversee all of it) and it’s been pretty good, it’s almost completely silent to the user which has been great (no stupid emails from users about false alarms).

One problem I've had with the free version is, it sometimes blocks things that I want to allow, and sometimes does so in such a way that is difficult to catch if you don't know what to look for.

But yeah, it seems to be very effective and lightweight.

posted on Dec, 6 2020 @ 01:44 PM
link   

a reply to: Klassified

I use malwarebytes but it's more of an "in addition to" for me than an "all on one" solution. I take care of some clients that are less than particular about where they click. So I need to mitigate threats as much as possible. thanks for the reply!

Hey guys, somebody decided to have an emergency today, so I had to go take care of that first, but I got to thinking about your responses and wanted to make sure you understood that I was not talking about consumer level protection. That link sends you to MByte's full endpoint protection. I don't care if you or anyone else uses it, I'm just making sure you both understood what I was talking about. I would never suggest a consumer level program for endpoint.

posted on Dec, 6 2020 @ 02:32 PM
link   

a reply to: rickymouse

Agree. I used to make it a personal vendetta to root out a virus and avoid a reload. Once the did away with Windows 7 and I could no longer use my go-to combofix, I just use the usual backup methods and reload when a system is compromised.

It is kind of depressing that they made it very hard to take out a virus, Trojan, or worm manually. It used to be exciting and people were impressed watching me do it back years ago.

posted on Dec, 7 2020 @ 04:56 AM
link   
Since we're looking more at corporate level the first question is what do your auditors / insurance companies want to see as if you do get hit (nothings perfect) as proof you covered yourself properly.

It also should be noted that virus writers spend their time testing against the main companies so they can slip past various defenses.

The best value method probably is the same one they used in the war when recruiting people at Bletchley Park which was a load gun on the desk and a hint that the officer would not hopefully need to use it.

posted on Dec, 7 2020 @ 06:54 AM
link   
If I recall it just really came down to the fact that they had used Bitdefender at one time or another so they wanted to try it again. No real technical reasons, just comfort I think. It's very hard to sway the people above you that know everything lol.

posted on Dec, 7 2020 @ 05:16 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

Eset Antivirus is very good.. Our company has been using it for all our clients for years now.
Very comprehensive portal and good support.
eset.com

posted on Dec, 8 2020 @ 04:38 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude
Sophos

posted on Dec, 11 2020 @ 04:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: MerkabaMeditation
Common Sense v1.0

End users don't play nice with any version of this

posted on Jan, 2 2021 @ 09:51 PM
link   
I have been recommending ESET products to my clients for 15 years. I have contemplated being a reseller for them but I would rather have the companies comptroller deal with the accounting and such.

I don't mind dealing with the individual desktops so for the longest time I avoided using the management VM they offer for free. (ESET Security Management Center) Now I recommend it just because it is easier for reporting for more than 20 desktops.
The only time I ever had an issue with ESET was on my home desktop with false positives or when it came across my repository of useful tech/hacking utilities and flagged a bunch with old toolbar PUPS and such.

I have fixed multiple infected machines that have run about all other AVs mentioned before except Vipre. I used to say that the people that ran McAfee or Semantic kept me in business.

I am still on the fence with the built-in AV that comes with windows 10. So far it has done its job well and I have not had to do any major removals. You technically can't use it in a corporate environment with more than 10 clients. SCCM was the alternative but not sure what is offered now.

posted on May, 7 2021 @ 07:38 AM
link   
I am using Kaspersky total security(Paid) for my PC, it's very powerful. You can try them out too.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join