It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gay Marriages (Not what you think).

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2003 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by romantico

1) But 2 men kissing,I don't see a problem.

2) If a woman & her kids see it,its part of life they can choose to explain it to them or tell they they'll explain when they get older.

3) By time those kids are old enough gay culture & rights will be more common than it is now.

1) I didn't say they were kissing. I said they had sex.

2) Can I explain to my daughter what the Bible say about homosexuals or do I have to tell her what the liberals are saying ?

3) Common ???? Do you mean " common " as it was common at Sodome and Gomorrhe ?

arc

posted on Jul, 18 2003 @ 06:05 PM
link   
common as in ancient Greece maybe. Did God strike down Greece with a thunderbolt? Or did they become an enlightened and intelligent society responsible for much artistic and scientific development.

Obviously it's up to you what you teach your own daughter, just hope she doesn't spot the glaring contradictions at any point between 'homo's are wrong and evil' and the over ridding message of love tolerance and understanding

posted on Jul, 18 2003 @ 06:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by arc

1) common as in ancient Greece maybe. Did God strike down Greece with a thunderbolt?

2) Or did they become an enlightened and intelligent society responsible for much artistic and scientific development.

3) Obviously it's up to you what you teach your own daughter, just hope she doesn't spot the glaring contradictions at any point between 'homo's are wrong and evil' and the over ridding message of love tolerance and understanding

1) Eeerm...Sodome has been destroyed BEFORE the ancient greeks, right ?

2) Well tryed. So you say a gay society is an enlightened and intelligent society ? Tell me when I can begin to laugh..... They had some gays, nothing more. They were NOT all gays.

3) Ok. I'll try to explain her she has to be tolerant with everybody. Rapers, paedophile , psychopath and so on...And if she don't understand, I'll ask you your " precious " help. Count on me.

Tolerant....yeah....Tolerance is like EVERYTHING. It has her own limits too and we have all different limits. I can respect your limits, but try to respect mines.

arc

posted on Jul, 18 2003 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by ultra_phoenix
1) Eeerm...Sodome has been destroyed BEFORE the ancient greeks, right ?

er yes - and I didn't state it otherwise. What is the relevance of your point?

2) Well tryed. So you say a gay society is an enlightened and intelligent society ? Tell me when I can begin to laugh..... They had some gays, nothing more. They were NOT all gays.

nope - no society is ALL gay and the Greek's civilisation was not based around the fact that homosexually was practised and tolerated. My point was that it reached the heights it did in spite of it's attitude towards homosexuality. Those who fear a society will become depraved, immoral and fail are worrying needlessly maybe.

3) Ok. I'll try to explain her she has to be tolerant with everybody. Rapers, paedophile , psychopath and so on...And if she don't understand, I'll ask you your " precious " help. Count on me.

there you go - comparing a gay person to a rapist and pedophile again. There is no comparison - rapists and pedophiles assault unwilling victims, cause hurt and distress to the objects of their 'affections'. Whereas the majority of gay people have the same respect towards potential partners as do straight people.

Tolerant....yeah....Tolerance is like EVERYTHING. It has her own limits too and we have all different limits. I can respect your limits, but try to respect mines.

Have I told you that you must be gay, actively promote homosexuality or have gay friends? No. In a previous post I actually stated that I could understand many people had no pro-gay leanings and that it was ok.

posted on Jul, 18 2003 @ 06:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by arc

1) er yes - and I didn't state it otherwise. What is the relevance of your point?

2) nope - no society is ALL gay and the Greek's civilisation was not based around the fact that homosexually was practised and tolerated. My point was that it reached the heights it did in spite of it's attitude towards homosexuality. Those who fear a society will become depraved, immoral and fail are worrying needlessly maybe.

3) there you go - comparing a gay person to a rapist and pedophile again. There is no comparison - rapists and pedophiles assault unwilling victims, cause hurt and distress to the objects of their 'affections'. Whereas the majority of gay people have the same respect towards potential partners as do straight people.

4) Have I told you that you must be gay, actively promote homosexuality or have gay friends? No. In a previous post I actually stated that I could understand many people had no pro-gay leanings and that it was ok.

1) There was no relevance. Like there was no relevance in your post.

2) Those who fear a society ? What kind of society ?

3) No. I wasn't comparing them to criminals, even if they have a criminal behavior if you look at what the Bible say. I was just saying that I can't tolerate homosexuality as I can't tolerate rapers or paedophile.

4) I know you didn't tell me to promote homosexuality.

My post is edited because I forget to tell you something. If I had, in front of me, a raper or a paedophile, I would beat him/her.And believe me, it would be probably a butchery. But if it was a gay, I would not do it. I hope it does a difference.

Also, I met some gays and I allways acted like a very social man. I never did any stupid comments, EVEN in their backs ! Some of them asked me what I was thinking about homosexuality and I just told them that I was strongly disagreeing with such behavior. They were looking happy to see that I was franck to them.

[Edited on 18-7-2003 by ultra_phoenix]

posted on Jul, 18 2003 @ 07:26 PM
link   
Why do you care about Gays?If you hate them so much whi not just ignore them?I still have yet for you or anyone explain to me how they are hurting you or changing or intering w/your life. Is it you just can't stand them therefore FU*# EM' Make their life a living hell?

The Bible? This has been debunked so much especially by the Catholic Priests! Doesn't the bible also say its okay to have slaves? Stone people?I love how the some people cater the bible to their own advantage.Its okay if we do it, but not these peole! Whats normal for you may not be normal to someone else & vice versa!Man, some people are still living in the stone ages!This is 2003 & peole still continue hating other peole & judge them by their sexual orientation alone!How pathetic!

posted on Jul, 18 2003 @ 07:55 PM
link   
Dang it, why do the anti gays keep avoiding my questions? If gay sex is wrong, and should not be allowed to marry since no kids can be born, then is sex/marrige by someone who is infertile or tied/snipped/menopaused a sin? No kids can be born, so according to you a sin.

ANSWER THIS! I have asked it about 7 times, still no reply on it. The question since none of the anti gays have read it is... If gay sex is wrong since no kids can be made and a sin, is it wrong/sinful for straights who are infertile/snipped/tied/menopaused to have sex? What if they been married for 35 years and the woman hits menopause and can no longer have kids. Should both her and her husband stop having sex?

posted on Jul, 18 2003 @ 08:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by ultra_phoenix

Originally posted by romantico

1) But 2 men kissing,I don't see a problem.

2) If a woman & her kids see it,its part of life they can choose to explain it to them or tell they they'll explain when they get older.

3) By time those kids are old enough gay culture & rights will be more common than it is now.

1) I didn't say they were kissing. I said they had sex.

2) Can I explain to my daughter what the Bible say about homosexuals or do I have to tell her what the liberals are saying ?

3) Common ???? Do you mean " common " as it was common at Sodome and Gomorrhe ?

Why must you rely on the Bible for your reasons? If I relied only on the Old Testament, I would be a criminal and if I relied on the New, I would be insane.

posted on Jul, 18 2003 @ 08:38 PM
link   
No marriage is to tie a family together to properly raise children. Gay's missing one of the sexes and thus one of the links can not raise a family properly.

Also because Marriage is a sacred thing to most religions of the world, all of which profess the belief it is a sacred thing between man and woman, then why should gays ruin that sacred bond and tell all the other religions to stuff it?

If the community does not want to allow gay marriages...so be it.

posted on Jul, 18 2003 @ 09:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by FreeMason
No marriage is to tie a family together to properly raise children. Gay's missing one of the sexes and thus one of the links can not raise a family properly.

Also because Marriage is a sacred thing to most religions of the world, all of which profess the belief it is a sacred thing between man and woman, then why should gays ruin that sacred bond and tell all the other religions to stuff it?

If the community does not want to allow gay marriages...so be it.

Why do they have to be religious to have a wedding? That is their one main arguement against gay weddings, that it is sacred to all religions.

posted on Jul, 19 2003 @ 05:05 AM
link   
Has anyone ever thought that homosexuality could be a part of evoultion?
Like a natural form of population control.
The world is worried about overpopulation and overcrowding. So a growing number of homosexuals in the world will result in a decline of the growth rate of populations.

posted on Jul, 19 2003 @ 05:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by James the Lesser
Dang it, why do the anti gays keep avoiding my questions? If gay sex is wrong, and should not be allowed to marry since no kids can be born, then is sex/marrige by someone who is infertile or tied/snipped/menopaused a sin? No kids can be born, so according to you a sin.

ANSWER THIS! I have asked it about 7 times, still no reply on it. The question since none of the anti gays have read it is... If gay sex is wrong since no kids can be made and a sin, is it wrong/sinful for straights who are infertile/snipped/tied/menopaused to have sex? What if they been married for 35 years and the woman hits menopause and can no longer have kids. Should both her and her husband stop having sex?

OK, I'll throw my 2cents in the ring...

No, it is not sinful for hetero individuals to get married if they have no prospects for chil bearing. The marriage is still sanctified. The marriage still allows the hope, whether it be medical or otherwise, of a miracle if the couple ferverently want a child...menopause would be a hurdle!!

You may want me to believe that such a thing (gay unions) is good, wholesome, productive; socially strengthening; a bulwark against infectious disease; I just do not buy it...

And, like U_P, I have had gay aquaintances , male and female. I worked side by side with two lesbians who became friends of mine-hung out on a few occasions, they didn't even believe in the idea! They wanted freedom.

Your arguement still doesn't encourage me to believe in gay unions anymore than mine will discourage you.

[Edited on 19-7-2003 by Tyriffic]

posted on Jul, 19 2003 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tyriffic

Originally posted by James the Lesser

OK, I'll throw my 2cents in the ring...

No, it is not sinful for hetero individuals to get married if they have no prospects for chil bearing. The marriage is still sanctified. The marriage still allows the hope, whether it be medical or otherwise, of a miracle if the couple ferverently want a child...menopause would be a hurdle!!

You may want me to believe that such a thing (gay unions) is good, wholesome, productive; socially strengthening; a bulwark against infectious disease; I just do not buy it...

And, like U_P, I have had gay aquaintances , male and female. I worked side by side with two lesbians who became friends of mine-hung out on a few occasions, they didn't even believe in the idea! They wanted freedom.

Your arguement still doesn't encourage me to believe in gay unions anymore than mine will discourage you.

[Edited on 19-7-2003 by Tyriffic]

There is still hope... they can adopt.

posted on Jul, 19 2003 @ 03:18 PM
link   
FreeMason's back online finally. Now we can debate somemore.

posted on Jul, 19 2003 @ 03:27 PM
link   
This may sound kind of strange

But my opinion is, homosexualty is part of gods plan to control the population

What do you think about this theory

posted on Jul, 19 2003 @ 03:30 PM
link   
I dont get what your saying by that. But in a way it does keep the population down a bit,but its still immoral.

posted on Jul, 19 2003 @ 03:30 PM
link   
I thought your Christian God hated homosexuals.

posted on Jul, 19 2003 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by JediMaster
I dont get what your saying by that. But in a way it does keep the population down a bit,but its still immoral.

You seemed so much more accepting on the other gay marriage board.

posted on Jul, 19 2003 @ 04:09 PM
link   
And anyway, why do you get to decide what is immoral?

posted on Jul, 19 2003 @ 07:27 PM
link   
1. What gay marriage board? I'm kinda okay with adoption,but I've seen more since then.

2. "Hate the sin lover the sinner". God does not hate them. We are to tolerate them. Not follow them.

3. Read any religious book,they all say its immoral.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join