It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Taking Government Money is Accepting Slavery

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2020 @ 07:57 PM
link   
With all the talk lately of UBI's, government handouts, stimulus for made up bull#, people hoping for the death of the economy and the great reset, a future where we sit content at home doing nothing while the government pays for your existence.

Anyone who wants this is insane. Period. I've taken government money four times in my life. I've been laid off and had to take unemployment for a couple months twice. This money is not enough to live on and comes with a bunch of requirements that could get it taken away from you.

There was one day in particular I remember, I had the opportunity to get out and do some work for a day, it was above the table though so I had to report it to ei. If I'd done that day of work, not only would I have made less money working than through ei, but I would have lost another day of ei money. This is all money i'd paid into the system after years of working. This just incentivizes nothing but a single full time job, no independent work, no helping one's self, no temp work to tide you over.

The other two times were different.

I was stupid when I was young and fell for the student loan scam, I spent most of my 20's paying for that mistake.

The other time was after I did finish school, a friend of mine and I ended up getting some government grants for a few years to do some research, our data from the beginning was supposed to be made public. We'd spent a bunch of time, and money for our wages, creating a website and public database where anyone could access our data. We ended up finding an endangered species in a place where it had never been found before, unfortunately it was in an active mine site.

Within a week of telling our government funders, we were told to remove our website, remove our database and from that point forward our data would only be available in a locked, paywalled government database, under threat of having our funding revoked. Despite part of the requirements of our grant being that our data be made publicly available.

My point after all this rambling is, if you take government money, you put yourself under whatever requirements they want. You lose your freedom, your independence and even the things you believe in.

You're forced to follow whatever rules and requirements they demand of you, which can change on a whim and you put yourself at their mercy.

Don't believe in this bull#. The government won't save you, they don't have your best interests in mind and humans were not meant to sit idle while the government provides them a pittance so they can exist. Governments are meant to serve the public. This whole year has seen government enforcement through the roof over every part of society. Some clearly insane people seem to think the future should be humanity relying on government handouts while they live a lazy slothful life of nothing.

Don't give into this nonsense. We're living in a time where it's easier than ever for individuals to live independently, run a small business and connect with customers all over the world.

The only thing stopping this is mass government, media and corporate bull# pushing a life of government funded servitude.

I mean we live in a world where for under $5000 a person can buy a 3d printer, a desktop CNC and a computer that will allow them to produce 90% of all the cheap chinese bull# we buy.

# this future of government handouts, lockdowns, business closures and corporate dominance. Don't accept a UBI, stimulus bull# or anything else, use all this # to empower yourself and fight this bull# any way you can.

Like these assholes keep saying, it's the great reset, fine, let's reset the world in a way that empowers humanity. Don't take the easy bull# way. Use all this technology and other # they give us and empower yourself. That's the thing they're most worried about and why all this is happening.

It's up to us to not let it happen.
edit on 4/12/2020 by dug88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2020 @ 08:11 PM
link   
a reply to: dug88

Slave here.

Disabled Veteran.

posted on Dec, 4 2020 @ 08:11 PM
link   
$5000 also buys a pretty nice automatic weapon, tactical a gear, and some pretty good ammo.....

But you want us to be elves at home printing crap China makes?

This is an affront to humanity we are dealing with

Ima keep whittling and whistling while this comes crashing down....

Edit: like we gonna Etsy are way outta this

edit on 4-12-2020 by slatesteam because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2020 @ 08:12 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Ok...well...now I feel like an asshole...you served and gave for your country...and honestly I imagine you're not getting what you deserve for the time you gave from your life.

a reply to: slatesteam

That was an example...I want people to use their own skills whatever they be and not just sit idle waiting for a government that treats us as enemies to look after us. My point was, we have the capabilities as a people to not succumb to this #.

Not talking about the people that genuinely need the support, though they end up up not getting what they need from the system.
edit on 4/12/2020 by dug88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2020 @ 08:15 PM
link   

Fair enough. How about we stop buying cheap Chinese chit?

Edit: and quit outsourcing our livelihoods to them?

posted on Dec, 4 2020 @ 08:17 PM
link   

Yup, that's a great start. We live in a world of mass corporate controlled globalism. Why should it be that way? Why shouldn't the average person use our globally connected world without globalist corporate interests controlling.it?

posted on Dec, 4 2020 @ 08:18 PM
link   

$5000 also buys a pretty nice automatic weapon,

Better add a zero on there bro

link   
Also I missed the part where Uncle Sam is rolling out this proposed “UBI”.... Santa must be hooking it up this year

link   

originally posted by: dug88

Yup, that's a great start. We live in a world of mass corporate controlled globalism. Why should it be that way? Why shouldn't the average person use our globally connected world without globalist corporate interests controlling.it?
Good question. Have you tried desyncing from our digitally-connected globalist dream?

posted on Dec, 4 2020 @ 08:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mandroid7

$5000 also buys a pretty nice automatic weapon,

Better add a zero on there bro
I’m a pleb. Waiting for that UBI and all

posted on Dec, 4 2020 @ 08:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

Slave here.

Disabled Veteran.

Thank you for your service, it's appreciated.

but yes slave here, I don't want to, I have to. My stimulus check paid 3 bills for 2 months.

posted on Dec, 4 2020 @ 08:24 PM
link   

Government doesn't have money.

What money government has, is taken from the people.

posted on Dec, 4 2020 @ 08:25 PM
link   

Technically the government doesn’t have any money.
They just use ours.

posted on Dec, 4 2020 @ 08:26 PM
link   
Is it slavery to take advantage of a rube who gives you money and does not even get a contract to repay it?

posted on Dec, 4 2020 @ 08:29 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy
a reply to: Bluntone22

Which makes it worse people want to sit and beg for that money back in exchange for their continued existence.

posted on Dec, 4 2020 @ 08:34 PM
link   
Most any money that we get or borrow that isn’t hard earned comes with strings attached.

People are against slavery yet they take handouts from the government and carry credit cards and have a huge line of credit backed up by their home.

If you have any of these monkeys on your back you are a slave. I learned the hard way and after five decades on this planet I am doing my best to stay the heck away from it all.

It’s a lifestyle choice. Some folks who work at Walmart pay their house off faster than someone who’s a doctor.

It can be done but it takes discipline and a change of lifestyle.

Carewemust’s vet payments should have no strings attached and other things like insurance payouts shouldn’t either. Those are paybacks for time, life, or money already invested by the recipient.

Good post

posted on Dec, 4 2020 @ 08:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: dug88
a reply to: DBCowboy
a reply to: Bluntone22

Which makes it worse people want to sit and beg for that money back in exchange for their continued existence.
No. People want jobs. They want to learn and have fun. See new places meet new people. Love, lose, love again. Celebrate, commemorate, gather and hold each other. For myriad reasons to go on living as there are to die. Ya know, LIFE? The thing we are are supposed to be doing - “living”? They want to have opportunities, not watch the ones they capitalized on to make their life and that of their families better evaporate before their eyes....

No one wants a handout.

But people need to eat.

We use to have jobs for that.

Edit: UBI seems so anti-American in some way

posted on Dec, 4 2020 @ 08:35 PM
link   

A government that gives is a government that can take away....

posted on Dec, 4 2020 @ 08:36 PM
link   
I mastered a few trades, because they are needed and pay is OK. I am good at it, everyone is always happy with the result, but I feel like sometimes I am not paid nearly enough for it. I am trading my life, and wrecking my body doing this stuff. Then I go sit in a dentist chair for an hour, and boom, there goes a week or three worth of my money. Or when I need my lawyer, there goes weeks or months pay, for like a day or two work. It seems kinda lopsided sometimes. I am sure when someone getting # pay sees how much I charge feels the same way I guess. I do charge scaling, try to give bluecollar people like me a better deal than I would give someone living in a mcmansion with a sparkly merceded benz and lexus in the driveway. Can only do so much though. Not really sure if a UBI is going to fix that any.

posted on Dec, 4 2020 @ 08:53 PM
link   
a reply to: TKDRL

I do charge scaling, try to give bluecollar people like me a better deal than I would give someone living in a mcmansion with a sparkly merceded benz and lexus in the driveway.

I think that is a weird way to "stick it to the man"
The person in the mcmansion might be someone that came from poverty and worked 10x harder, that blue collar worker could be a loser that makes one bad choice after another...

top topics

<<   2 >>

join