It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ecclesiastes (14) Remember to die

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2020 @ 12:02 PM
link   
a reply to: DISRAELI

You are the one who identified as COE. If you are not and do not want to be associated with them Doctrinally then please be HONEST about who and what you are.

As far as mixed view points go, it is evident to everyone from your many threads over the years as to the fact that you have MANY MIXED VIEWPOINTS.

You need to be forthcoming (HONEST) as to the doctrines you are teaching. From what we have read in your many series is that you have some unbiblical views of what the Bible SAYS. You have on many occasions made the Bible mean or teach something it does not clearly SAY Eccl 7:1-12 is a prime example of that. Just go back read verse 1-12 and look at how many times you put God in the scriptures when he was not there. I have seen that done before by someone in the book of Esther, they tried again and again to inject God in it. Now having said that God was behind the scenes but directly he was not even mentioned once. Maybe that is what you were assuming but in every thought You listed and I brought to question God is not IN the scriptures. There is a reason fot it and when Solomon brings God up. But you have not grasped that reason yet. Which is part of understanding where the person, you, are when you are teaching. This is why I can say you r teaching is already being tried by God's words nd they don't line up.

You already would not confess the indwelling of the Holy Ghost, so I will not accept you trying to associate yourself with being a CHRISTIAN. You had a chance to do so and to do so now will not really prove anything to me except you are will to appease men and not God.

My treatment of a person who confesses to be a christian is biblical. You would do well to study it out more. Because those who confess to be a brother and teach false teaching are to be rebuked, and corrected and if they will not repent they are to be rejected. And I have followed you since I started noticing errors in scripture, errors in teaching and errors in your understanding for over a year or more now.

Self-reflection goes both ways and I suggest you do as well.

posted on Dec, 5 2020 @ 12:03 PM
link   
See what I mean. you are doing what you are claiming I am doing. remove the plan from your own eye first.

posted on Dec, 6 2020 @ 05:43 AM
link   

a reply to: DISRAELIThe church of England, being a national church, has always been a coalition of different viewpoints. . . . so now members can be as Catholic or radically Protestant as they like- it''

Paul encouraged not just reading the word in church but keeping to sound doctrine as well. COE whas never really stood on the principles of sound doctrine, hence when you say the COE a coalition of different view points or they can be as Catholic or Radically Protestant in their doctrine. You are not promoting sound doctrine you are promoting confusion.

2 Timothy 4:3 For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears;
Titus 1:9-11 Holding fast the faithful word as he hath been taught, that he may be able by sound doctrine both to exhort and to convince the gainsayers. For there are many unruly and vain talkers and deceivers, specially they of the circumcision: Whose mouths must be stopped, who subvert whole houses, teaching things which they ought not, for filthy lucre's sake.
This is a real issue here. If you don't stand for something you will fall for anything.

posted on Dec, 6 2020 @ 06:30 AM
link   
a reply to: ChesterJohn
I am not.personally responsible for the way the C of E works.
I am not, personally, promoting a coaltion of viewpoints. My own viewpoint is traditional Protestantism, not necessarily expressed in traditional language, and without the novelties invented by more recent fundamentalism (e.g. "Rapture"). Whenever I disagree with one of your own positions, it's because your position is a modern novelty.

edit on 6-12-2020 by DISRAELI because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2020 @ 06:35 AM
link   
Thanks you Dusty, I receive your rebuke I try not to misjudge but I am allowed to judge when it comes to these spiritual things by the word of God..

a reply to: DustybudzZHow can you observe in this situation they are a "lost individual" with "no connection to spirituality"?
Now you almost had it. We are connected to other believers by the INDWELLING of the Holy Ghost. So we are supposed to have a connection and as you observed there is none. The teaching is void of SPIRITUAL meat. It is just a comparison of history that CONFIRMS Solomon's Teaching.

Which BTW is not Complex as you say it is for if it was then God could not tell the simple to learn wisdom if it is complex. A simple mind would not grasp it. However God's word is preserved into English KJB on a sixth grade level. This is why many cannot understand it. They are just not simple.

The entrance of thy words giveth light; it giveth understanding unto the simple.
Prov 4:2-7 To know wisdom and instruction; to perceive the words of understanding; To receive the instruction of wisdom, justice, and judgment, and equity; To give subtilty to the simple, to the young man knowledge and discretion. A wise man will hear, and will increase learning; and a man of understanding shall attain unto wise counsels: To understand a proverb, and the interpretation; the words of the wise, and their dark sayings. The fear of the LORD is the beginning of knowledge: but fools despise wisdom and instruction.
I see a great folly in many of these so called bible studies. When one is just finding some history that lines up with Solomon he is not showing the simplicity of God's words. What he is happening it lowers the wisdom of the wisest man who ever live down to our own level. What is being done possibly is a type of Eisegesis on the OP's part. so he is restating the word in his own words, Eisegesis, then gives us a comparable history of one sort of another. Which is just a CONFIRMATION of something Solomon already said. But then there is an attempt to make something applicable. In the case of Chapter 7:1-12 though there was the insertion of a person and topics that were NO WHERE N THE CONTEXT.

Because of this pretextual idea inserted into scripture he created a narrative that was not in the context of the scriptures and therefore is teaching something that is not there. This is called handling the word of God deceitfully, whether that is intentional or accidental it makes no difference, This makes the word confusing and harder for people to understand.

2 Corinthians 4:2 But have renounced the hidden things of dishonesty, not walking in craftiness, nor handling the word of God deceitfully; but by manifestation of the truth commending ourselves to every man's conscience in the sight of God.
Just comparing the word with worldly events, earthly monarchs or quotes from worldly books is not an honest study of God's word. Look also how God instructs us to study both in 1Cor and in 2Tim. We are to compare and to rightly divide.

1 Cor 2:13-14 Which things also we speak, not in the words which man's wisdom teacheth, but which the Holy Ghost teacheth; comparing spiritual things with spiritual. But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.
2Tim2:15 Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.
Notice again in the next verse it says to shun vain babblings. These loose and wild Bible studies we have been reading, are that very thing Paul told Timothy to avoid. babblings that are void of all Spiritual meat and application for the believer, who is the church and we members of one another or a searching non-beleiver are not helpful to leading anyone into correct or sound doctrine or Salvation.
This is why we are to told to reprove, rebuke, exhort with all longsuffering and doctrine. We are told that the way to do that is with the scriptures.

2 Timothy 4:2 Preach the word; be instant in season, out of season; reprove, rebuke, exhort with all longsuffering and doctrine.
Timothy 3:16 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:
BTW, I am not your pastor. I am one workman of God, called of God to teach and to exhort and if need be reprove, rebuke and instruct with all long suffering as I have been with Disraeli. So though it may look to you as an attack it is not. It is however an attempt to reprove and instruct goes unheeded and after it is done one or two times that person is to be rejected. Seeing we are not an organized body to put someone out because of false or confusing teaching we are to reject them and at the some time try and convince them.
edit on 12/6/2020 by ChesterJohn because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join