It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

40 states set to file antitrust suit against Facebook

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2020 @ 03:11 PM
link   
a reply to: TheResidentAlien

You're right.
Giggle, FaceTrick, Twatter, are no longer social-messaging platforms, but are broadcasters.

See this message from the supposed 'elite', from Event-201™ . ( Starts at 37 second-mark. )
( Mathew Harrington of Edelman, the largest PR firm in the world. Ask yourself if 'truth', needs, a PR firm ? )

Don't have a link, but can recall near the beginning of all of this Flood-The-Zone™, Covid™ bs : a high ranking WHO™ official travelled to the USA.
Not to meet with health authorities, but they instead went to Silicon-Valley, to meet the usual suspects.

posted on Dec, 4 2020 @ 03:19 PM
link   
I have never understood the appeal of Facebook. If I want to talk to someone I will give them a call or schedule a time to see them in person. Facebook creates a dystopian reality where we keep relationships alive that should have been left to die.

posted on Dec, 4 2020 @ 04:16 PM
link   
well google sucks even more then my spelling so I am good ill let you lakys keep google in the money I rather us duck .

posted on Dec, 5 2020 @ 01:29 AM
link   
a reply to: midnightstar

What is your url. How are you going to tell billions of people about it.

I don't think you are thinking about this properly.

Anyone can write a book. Who sells it, and who reads it are what matters.

posted on Dec, 5 2020 @ 01:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: Leftist
a reply to: carniv0re

Even capitalism recognizes monopolies as destructive and has antitrust laws in place to bust up monopolies.

When a company becomes dominant to a certain extent in one industry, it can crush/co-opt all competition and takes on a psychological equivalency in the public mind with the services being offered. The barriers to entry become so high that free market competition becomes impossible and like I said, even the most capitalist of nations recognizes this and steps in with antitrust law.

Of course, as a Communist I am all for a monopoly of the proletariat, but that's a different sort of thing all together...

You are a refreshing insight.
I disagree with your philosophy if you are indeed a communist, but you see things objectively.

You, I would share a conversation with!

posted on Dec, 5 2020 @ 01:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: Annee
People need utilities, banks, phones, etc.

They don't need Facebook.

It's a choice.

It is a monopoly. The countless millions who use it as a matter of fact, that do not open their eyes, who do not look into things on their own and who just accept the status quo, are not a small assumption.

Facebook is the late night infomercial selling you a schticky.

it's not anything to do with freedom of choice, it's to do with the people who fall for it, hook line and sinker. Especially when ....

:/

posted on Dec, 5 2020 @ 01:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus
I have never understood the appeal of Facebook. If I want to talk to someone I will give them a call or schedule a time to see them in person. Facebook creates a dystopian reality where we keep relationships alive that should have been left to die.

If you are into VR and the latest actually good device, the oculus quest 2, you NEED a facebook account.

I am using my old legit one. Just to ensure I do not lose my store purchases. No skin off my nose in that respect, and I don't use it as a means to talk to people. But they are absolutely reaching.

it's like a social vaccine. can't use other things unless you can show your papers.

seriously....

posted on Dec, 5 2020 @ 06:35 AM
link   
Google and Facebook have grown too big. They should be broken up into smaller companies. That would spark more competition and less censorship. Google is forcing everyone that has a youtube account to add a phone number or else you can't log in anymore. Facebook is known to flag peoples account requiring them to upload government issued ID to be able log back in.

posted on Dec, 5 2020 @ 06:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: midnightstar
split up facebook ?
why ? are they some how making it no possible for someone else to make a platform ?
remember My space myspace.com...
here you have a choice go join one of the OTHER dozen places like FB .

Lord split up FB lol Its not phone company and any one can start a NEW SITE any time they like heck wont even cost much on start up .

This.

If you want to go after someone go after the telecom oligarch.

posted on Dec, 5 2020 @ 06:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: Annee
People need utilities, banks, phones, etc.

They don't need Facebook.

It's a choice.

Perhaps true once upon a time.

What you do need as a general rule is a job, and today many companies refuse employment if you don’t have the required social media accounts.

Which i think should be highly illegal, but since it isn’t, facebook needs taken down a peg.
edit on 5122020 by Ohanka because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2020 @ 06:47 AM
link   
a reply to: interupt42

Id rather they go after google, but to pretend that facebook hasnt wildly outgrown its social platform *cough* engineering *cough* is a big old stretch.
==========================

But lets be honest they will buy whatever politician they need to make sure nothing happens.

posted on Dec, 5 2020 @ 06:53 AM
link   
I probably shouldn't mention this at all, but who needs Facebook when you can have Fubar?

posted on Dec, 5 2020 @ 07:18 AM
link   
facebook isn't the type of thing that should be broken up. the way it works to use the "ma bell" analogy, would be to split up the phone system completely. where someone from one area, can not call someone in another area, or using a different company. far too many people use facebook to stay connected. especially with friends and family across the world. you can not understand the difference it makes in people's lives to have that instant ability to contact, talk and share things with everyone in a far off country. that would be harder to do when uncle john is on one facebook A, along with many of his friends and his side of the family. aunt jane is on facebook B, along with most of her side of the family and friends. your best friend jack is on facebook C, along with his family. etc. so you would pretty much have to constantly be on ALL platforms at once to keep in contact.

no, what needs to happen is for facebook to become a real world, public communications platform. where the shareholders still operate as they have been, insuring that it stays up to date, and runs pretty much like it does today. with the exception being they would be unable to censor, suspend, delete, ban, or otherwise interfere with users. and that would also include completely ditching their biased fact checking. people can block whoever they want even now, there is no need for facebook to censor anyone.if something someone is posting is against the law, then that is a matter for the local police of the poster to deal with.

posted on Jan, 3 2021 @ 10:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Ohanka

Do you have a list of these companies or industries that mandate having aasocial media account?? l must be out of the loop. Never heard of one.

And anyone who believes a VR is a necessity is never going turn on the technocracy, so that person will always serve at the pleasure of the modern ruling elites.

posted on Jan, 3 2021 @ 10:34 PM
link   
a reply to: generik

You will also never turn on the technocracy because you actually believe in your heart a happy productive existence is not possible without the internet. The human race has only been able to survive our entire existence without instant communication.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join