It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

40 states set to file antitrust suit against Facebook

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+2 more 
posted on Dec, 4 2020 @ 07:41 AM
link   

A group of at least 40 states led by New York is set to file an antitrust lawsuit against Mark Zuckerberg’s Facebook as early as next week.

100percentfedup.com...

Is Facebook a monopoly? Should it be split up like Ma Bell in the 1980s? There is a strong case to be made for a "yes" answer, especially as Facebook acts less and less like a neutral "platform" and takes on more of an editorialist stance.

This stance makes Facebook into a new type of media -- and with 1.1 billion users, a gargantuan force that smaller competition cannot hope to have a fair shake against. This is why we have antitrust laws in the first place...is it time to use them again?

+2 more 
posted on Dec, 4 2020 @ 07:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Never Despise

Facebook has been involved with censorship, privacy violations and now seditious control of the information during a constitutional crisis.

I will be taking great joy in Zuckerdroids criminal investigation, as well as every person involved with their corruption.

posted on Dec, 4 2020 @ 08:00 AM
link   
I’m sick to death of Facebook. I haven’t been on since the election and my blood pressure has dropped 8 points. Yes it is an unhealthy platform.

posted on Dec, 4 2020 @ 08:01 AM
link   
split up facebook ?
why ? are they some how making it no possible for someone else to make a platform ?
remember My space myspace.com...
here you have a choice go join one of the OTHER dozen places like FB .

Lord split up FB lol Its not phone company and any one can start a NEW SITE any time they like heck wont even cost much on start up .

posted on Dec, 4 2020 @ 08:04 AM
link   
umm why is FB unhealth ? lol Its just a place people hang out and is exactly what you use it to be .
Now me i use messenger but rarly go on FB but its great for finding some one .

FB is just a platform its what people do with it that makes it any thing more .
Really I think its silly to post your life there But hey if they want to well its a free country .

posted on Dec, 4 2020 @ 08:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Never Despise

Long overdue. And hopefully just a "start"... So many more large tech companies (like Google) need to be broken up as well.

posted on Dec, 4 2020 @ 08:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Nickn3

I've been off since the end of 2015, same with every single other social media platform. My quality of life and additional time has gone up considerably.

posted on Dec, 4 2020 @ 09:02 AM
link   
a reply to: midnightstar

"are they some how making it no possible for someone else to make a platform"

Yes they are.

buy up all competition, then demand your own rules. any small fry wont matter because the people don't use it, or even know of it.

posted on Dec, 4 2020 @ 09:10 AM
link   
NO they are NOT making it impossible for any one to make a platform .
lord I can go get ten gigs of FREE WEBPAGE and start my own now I just don't acre about Things LIKE FB .

As for censoring things guess what ITS a privet Business and as that they have the right to refuse service to any one .
go start your own kind of FB and censer any thing you like .

Lord it amaze me so many posters are all GUNG ho over free enterprise then turn around and say brake them up .

You dont like FB me I think its invasive my self so I DONT USE IT wow how simple is that .

posted on Dec, 4 2020 @ 09:12 AM
link   
really people should stick to things that are there business you don't LIKE a business DONT USE IT have your money do the talking .
ma bell wasn't so bad I miss her But i will say calls are a LOT cheaper 20 Miles was long distance back then lol

posted on Dec, 4 2020 @ 09:15 AM
link   
just envy is all this spot is about the kid was at the right time and the right place could have been anyone n. now he is one of the richest dudes there is .

NOW MICROSOFT would count a lot more for being a MONOPLY why don't you complain about them ?
Just a Bunch of greedy people wanting his money they will louse .
dont like FB don't use it go JOIN My space heck its older and still online .
edit on 4-12-2020 by midnightstar because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2020 @ 09:17 AM
link   
a reply to: carniv0re

Even capitalism recognizes monopolies as destructive and has antitrust laws in place to bust up monopolies.

When a company becomes dominant to a certain extent in one industry, it can crush/co-opt all competition and takes on a psychological equivalency in the public mind with the services being offered. The barriers to entry become so high that free market competition becomes impossible and like I said, even the most capitalist of nations recognizes this and steps in with antitrust law.

Of course, as a Communist I am all for a monopoly of the proletariat, but that's a different sort of thing all together...

posted on Dec, 4 2020 @ 09:21 AM
link   
LOL well thing is FB is NO monopoly MY SPACE still around any one can join it today heck AOL still around .
so many social media FB type sites I cant list them all .
MY space was HUGE at one time but people liked FB better .
as for GOOGLE cant stand Google even though I do use the browser jsut to lkazy FIREFOX sucks now opra uggg NOT DUCKDUCKGO i love thing is Its NOt on windows just the phone .

posted on Dec, 4 2020 @ 09:23 AM
link   
All you would be doing is telling people what They can and cant be a member of .
What you going to do Tell 100 MILLION FB users they have to quit FB ?

posted on Dec, 4 2020 @ 09:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: midnightstar
LOL well thing is FB is NO monopoly MY SPACE still around any one can join it today heck AOL still around .
so many social media FB type sites I cant list them all .
MY space was HUGE at one time but people liked FB better .
as for GOOGLE cant stand Google even though I do use the browser jsut to lkazy FIREFOX sucks now opra uggg NOT DUCKDUCKGO i love thing is Its NOt on windows just the phone .

Just think, if you used Google Chrome, you could be one step closer to understanding what that red line under most of your words meant.

posted on Dec, 4 2020 @ 09:28 AM
link   
People need utilities, banks, phones, etc.

They don't need Facebook.

It's a choice.

posted on Dec, 4 2020 @ 09:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: Annee
People need utilities, banks, phones, etc.

They don't need Facebook.

It's a choice.

People can and did survive without steel, processed meat, and railroads,
but all of these industries were subject to antitrust litigation in the late 19th/early 20th century, and the world is a better place for it.

posted on Dec, 4 2020 @ 10:17 AM
link   
It’s not about what you post on there is about what the company allows to be posted.....it’s unhealthy because it’s designed to control you and that’s a fact. It’s a massive information hub and they can control what information passes. They can literally make falsehoods reality. The point passed you by entirely. It’s about holding the space alien Zuckerberg accountable for his company.

a reply to: [post=25605357]midnightstar[/post
edit on 4-12-2020 by Athetos because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2020 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Facebook has gone far beyond being a social network since it started censoring free speech, becoming the #1 messenger service on the planet, becoming (buying) the biggest photo sharing app on the planet and .....

WhatsApp could be classed as a phone company

Facebook is THE single most influential company in the world currently and literally has the ability to topple governments if they don't like them.

They are currently awarded protections which should have been stripped away as soon as they started censoring posts. They are now a publisher with an agenda to push their own agendas.
edit on 4-12-2020 by TheResidentAlien because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2020 @ 02:53 PM
link   

FB is a monopoly. Every competitor has their payments refused to be processed by paypal and others. Not to mention the competitors have to face the costs themselves, whereas facebook enjoys liberal tax benefits, corrupt government contracts and blood money from the Chinese Communist Party.

I wonder what Teddy Roosevelt would think of that. Would probably trample Zuckerberg with his pet moose.

Everything wrong with the western business class can be seen in facebook. Unrivaled avarice, deep corruption and an insatiable lust for power.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join