It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nisibidi : An Ancient African Writing System.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2020 @ 05:27 AM
link   
youtu.be...
Pls Klik here for great visuals and explanations.

The above is a very good vid explaining the West African writing system,
It is not the oldest in Africa nor is it the youngest, among the Housa and the Songhai Ppls far to the north they have their own but dissimilar writing systems, however nearly all indigenous writing system in Africa was almost always for secret societies or the priesthood, imported writing systems for the bone priestly caste.

I like the myth of the intellectual apes who past writing to men, almost remind me of Thoth in away, additional surprise is , it was the domain of females before men took it over.

When I used to visit Jamaica during summer holidays, one must also at all cost go to the country side , where I'd come across designs in white chalk on trees sometimes on the ground, but was never given any satisfactory explanations, only that such things no concern for a Jamerican Yankee Booyiee like myself, so I eventually stopped pestering my cousins about it.
But truth in fact it wasn't only in Jamaica but Cuba , Haiti , D.R , Venezuela Puerto Rico etc off course Brazil.
It is said that in both Cuba and Haiti it was used for insurrection, though Jamaica had many rebellions, perhaps the most in the Americas, I can find no text that it play a part, or they just remained right lipped as ever.
Anyway again pls klik the above link and enjoy while learning..I did

edit on 4-12-2020 by Spider879 because: Fix stuff

posted on Dec, 4 2020 @ 05:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Spider879

Now this is cool, nice Thoth reference as well......

I don't think the mind could honestly fathom all the lost history we have on this planet that's either lost kept from us.... This is good ol ATS dirt here

posted on Dec, 4 2020 @ 09:30 AM
link   

I have a good friend. Nigerian born, Jamaican raised. Im going to have to ask him about the chalk marks on trees.

One day we were talking, and I asked him if he was a native English speaker. I informed me that the only languages he knew were English, and the Jamaican pigeon language. He said he knew a little of whatever they spoke in his village in Nigeria (i can't recall what he called it). I was surprised, as his English is very thick and tends to jumble up adjectives/adverbs. But it was certainly eye opening.

Thanks for sharing. The writing system seems to be fairly obvious once you are exposed to it. The shapes indicate action.

posted on Dec, 4 2020 @ 11:40 AM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan
Oh thank You!! for supporting always, one thing tho, asked if he was from the north or the south as there are two or more diametrically opposed cultures / civilizations and they can be antagonistic towards each other, remember, modern Nigeria like a lot of modern African nations were slapped together or separated by colonial borders based on expediency, which is causing a lot of Ethnic tensions, and calls for separate political boundaries, traditional enemies are lumped together, while families are separated..I know its kinda messy but this is the world we live in.

New world Black folks of African ancestry, is a very mixed bag, so it no longer matters which ethnic group one came from, basically it's all of them plus Eurasian genetic and cultural input...

edit on 4-12-2020 by Spider879 because: Fix stuff

posted on Dec, 4 2020 @ 11:55 AM
link   

My hometown has a LOT of Kenyans brought in by the state mental hospital to work as nurses, aides, etc. I got to know them fairly well as my wife worked in the same hospital, as well as some more personal events/gatherings. One of the things I found very interesting was their use of tribal systems to manage within their group. Some became very westernized, and went off doing their own thing. Most observed the cultural concepts of the group that moved there. The "tribal elder" was this guy named Sam. Good dude...older. Worked as an aide while he went to school for his nursing license. He mediated disputes among the group, etc, with his word being the final say in judgement. Which was interesting when it came to some of the Kenyans that were his superiors at work.

But he was always adamant that people within the group had to observe the system that they lived within. So despite his role as the elder...if he was someones employee, they had a role of superior while in the role of worker.

I also really enjoyed the similarities of people, which I think we all know already exists. For example, this one lady named "Jackie" was young and very attractive. She was a nurse, and spent a large amount of money to have her hair done nicely, and to have her clothes done nicely. Her and my wife worked together on the same unit doing the same job as LVN's. So they go to know each other fairly well.

When you grow up in West Texas you don't get much outside world exposure. I really enjoyed it, and only affirmed how similar all humans are across this planet.

posted on Dec, 4 2020 @ 12:02 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan
Yeah I know Texas have a lot of African expat or new American communities, especially from Nigeria...build up each other...

posted on Oct, 2 2022 @ 05:41 PM
link   
Great!

posted on Oct, 2 2022 @ 11:19 PM
link   
It`s interesting!

posted on Oct, 3 2022 @ 01:57 AM
link   
Spam
edit on 10/3/2022 by semperfortis because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join