It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Unbelievable An 83% increase in suicides since the corona virus started with Japanese woman

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2020 @ 04:19 AM
link   
Just on tonight's news. Yep, its crazy.

More people have committed suicide in October than have died from Covid-19 over the entire year in Japan, with government statistics showing women are worst affected.

The country, which has one of the highest suicide rates in the world, recorded 2,153 such incidents for the month of October, marking the fourth month in a row that the figure has increased.

As of Friday the country has recorded a total of 2,087 coronavirus deaths.

Japan has recorded 2,153 suicides for the month of October
The figure is higher than the overall deaths caused by Covid-19 in the country
Women have been worst affected, with suicide rates increasing almost 83%

Link. www.japantimes.co.jp...
edit on 1200000030172020-12-04T06:17:30-06:00173012am6 by musicismagic because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2020 @ 04:30 AM
link   
a reply to: musicismagic

This is sad news

You have any link to give about this ?
edit on 4-12-2020 by Kenzo because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2020 @ 04:46 AM
link   

I bet it’s the same in many parts of the world. In the U.K. the leading cause of death in men aged 20-50 was suicide for 2018-2019. You can bet that has increased substantially this year, though the deaths are probably being blamed on covid!

posted on Dec, 4 2020 @ 04:59 AM
link   
When I look at the world today with so many restrictions, socially imposed constraints, with people attacking each other over masks, stores harassing customers, etc, and with furthering lock downs, given that we are pack animals - tribal - it's no wonder.

Yet when I went shopping earlier today, I never saw one mask. No one even bothered with social distancing. And I live in a place with the least number of cases and lowest number of deaths in the country here - not USA.

I absolutely believe that in this situation, the cure is worse than the infliction.

I don't lay blame on anyone in charge, no one could know what to do from the onset, with such an unknown thing. But as of now, I feel many are trying to save face for the overt tactics put in place early on.

The panic has hit where it was intended. We have airlines stating that unless people are vaccinated, they will not fly. This will lead to more and more impositions, events will be next, then restaurants, stores, libraries.

Who knows what is next, really. But I'm just glad I feel as if I'm in the last haven from the pandemic.

They refuse - and this is a tangent but still related - to allow medicinal cbd in so many places, claiming it is untested, unknown, etc.. while countless people have proven it's benefits and history shows it is by and large only beneficial. They outright refuse, and go after those who opt in to it to help a sickly loved one.

Yet, mere months later after a thing was trialed... we're told it will be more or less mandatory, if only to continue to exist in the society you live in.

In time, the us and them mentality will surface. just glad I'm happy to live a hermits life, far removed from the social things being forced onto us.

posted on Dec, 4 2020 @ 05:20 AM
link   
日本の皆さまのご健勝とご多幸をお祈り申し上げます。

posted on Dec, 4 2020 @ 05:21 AM
link   
If I had to live in a big city, and my overbearing government told me I had to stay home and worry all day, I'd kill myself too.

There's nothing unbelievable about this at all.

posted on Dec, 4 2020 @ 06:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kenzo

This is sad news

I guess I do when I'm on the computer I'll put in a link.

posted on Dec, 4 2020 @ 06:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: musicismagic

This is sad news

I guess I do when I'm on the computer I'll put in a link.

Google: coronavirus suicide rates

All the top hits are about the large jump in suicides in Japan and Korea.

posted on Dec, 4 2020 @ 06:18 AM
link   

This is sad news

Okay I posted the link in my first post go ahead and read it

posted on Dec, 4 2020 @ 06:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: Never Despise

Wife read your post. She said hikikomori is so bad these days.

For those reading this look up that word hikikomori and see what it means

posted on Dec, 4 2020 @ 06:28 AM
link   

It seems like the coronavirus prevention methods -- social distance, no/small socal gatherings covering up the face, everything on Zoom -- would have the risk of enhancing hikikomori tendencies.

posted on Dec, 4 2020 @ 06:49 AM
link   

It seems like the coronavirus prevention methods -- social distance, no/small socal gatherings covering up the face, everything on Zoom -- would have the risk of enhancing hikikomori tendencies.

seems that way

posted on Dec, 4 2020 @ 07:09 AM
link   

Marriage rates and childbirths have dropped dramatically too, correct? Even before the plandemic, Japan was having issues with all of these. The rona has just exacerbated existing and ongoing problems. Something Japan didn't need that kind of help with.

edit on 12/4/2020 by Klassified because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2020 @ 08:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: Klassified
Marriage rates and childbirths have dropped dramatically too, correct? Even before the plandemic, Japan was having issues with all of these. The rona has just exacerbated existing and ongoing problems. Something Japan didn't need that kind of help with.

The birthrate is an important issue I believe-I know we haven't had enough time to see any numbers,but I am expecting birth rates to be down across the planet since the pandemic.
I think governments of the world all believe they need to lower the population,and at every opportunity they will attempt to stealthily acheieve this aim.
They do it by stealth,as they don't want to be compared to evil eugenisists and dictatorships.
If that is indeed the case as i suspect,increased suicide rates are something many governments would not be too upset about(in private of course).

posted on Dec, 4 2020 @ 08:14 AM
link   
Japan's population is a bit over 126 million. However it is important to remember that it experienced a huge baby boom in the 20th century, making its major cities among the most densely populated and expensive on earth.

It wasn't always this way, and it doesn't have to be this way in the future.

In 1900, just a little over a century ago, Japan's population was only 43.8 million, and it had survived as a complex and relatively prosperous civilization for thousands of years on even smaller numbers. Today's population means it would be a long time before the numbers fell even that far.

With automation, outsourcing, offshoring, and the coming AI/robotics revolution, Japan does not need millions of factory workers to remain prosperous. A decline in population could free up space for more comfortable lifestyles and even boost per capita GNP, making people more prosperous on average.

posted on Dec, 4 2020 @ 09:21 AM
link   

I know things are bad in Japan, but I found out today about the second person I know who has commited suicide.

First due to pressure of lockdowns and the second from the same plus a divorce.

Thank goodness I am too strong for bailing out like that.

Let's hope sucide doesn't come in threes.

posted on Dec, 4 2020 @ 12:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Never Despise

It's government enforced and mandated hikikomori.

posted on Aug, 12 2021 @ 05:02 AM
link   
It's not just Japan.

Lockdowns have been proven to not only NOT WORK, but to damage human psyche.
Now throw in the hopelessness touted by the Tell-LIES-vision...

I think a final nail in the coffin is jab concerns and Convid passports - people know life is never going to go back to how it was before TPTB made their power play and, rather than fight, they literally roll over and die.

posted on Aug, 16 2021 @ 06:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: GunpowderPlot
It's not just Japan.

Lockdowns have been proven to not only NOT WORK, but to damage human psyche.
Now throw in the hopelessness touted by the Tell-LIES-vision...

I think a final nail in the coffin is jab concerns and Convid passports - people know life is never going to go back to how it was before TPTB made their power play and, rather than fight, they literally roll over and die.

Yes, so sad these days.

top topics

join