It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pence Might Decide The Presidency After All.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2020 @ 08:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: DanDanDat
Civil war might not be to bad; but I wish I thought of this before I bought a new home in the "nice" part of town.

At least if Biden does take office in January you'll still have BLM to come along and decorate that new house for you

posted on Dec, 4 2020 @ 08:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: Blue_Jay33

Do people know the VP as head of the Senate
enjoys Constitutional authority to not count ANY electors from contested states ?
If in his opinion those states votes were compromised he can reject them.

Ummm... I've never heard this before.

Link please? A quick google doesn't reveal this to be true.

posted on Dec, 4 2020 @ 08:32 AM
link   

Law scholars and legal historians both generally agree on that point, but it is not a well known fact.

Source, please, and not just some law guy on Fox.

Do you have this in a published paper from a well known law journal.

posted on Dec, 4 2020 @ 08:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: subfab
a reply to: Blue_Jay33

what is the definition of a "contested state"?

Today, any state that usually votes red but this time voted blue by a narrow margin, would probably be a good definition.

posted on Dec, 4 2020 @ 03:30 PM
link   
The wisdom of our founding fathers never ceases to amaze me. God bless the Constitution and the Bill of Rights.

posted on Dec, 4 2020 @ 07:34 PM
link   
a reply to: tanstaafl
From Politico

President Donald Trump's arsenal for overturning the election will soon be down to one final, desperate maneuver: pressing his Republican allies on Capitol Hill to step in and derail Joe Biden’s presidency.

Although the Electoral College casts the official vote for president on Dec. 14, it’s up to Congress to certify the results a few weeks later. And federal law gives individual members of the House and Senate the power to challenge the results from the floor — a rarely used mechanism meant to be the last of all last resorts to safeguard an election.

But several House Republican lawmakers and aides now tell POLITICO they’re considering this option to aid Trump’s quest.

“Nothing is off the table,” said Rep. Matt Gaetz (R-Fla.).

Gaetz pointed out that in January 2017, a handful of House Democrats took this precise procedural step before their efforts flamed out during a joint session of Congress presided over by none other than Biden, then the outgoing vice president.

“It is over,” Biden said at the time, gaveling down Democrats as Republicans cheered.

This time, Vice President Mike Pence will be in the chair for any potential challenges — a potentially awkward scenario as his boss continues to deny the reality of the election he lost.

Trump has many avenues to win this, the MSM won't tell you this, the very last not being discussed is that if all constitutional and court challenges fail, Trump has one last card to play and I am not sure even he will play it because it would change America forever, it is the "Samson Option" he presents the military command with everything he has gathered on voter fraud, and proclaims this batch of Democrats are traitors to the American constitution, he then says they are the domestic enemies you swore on your oath to protect......if they agree; it's over for Biden simple as that, if they disagree it's over for Trump.
edit on 4-12-2020 by Blue_Jay33 because: (no reason given)

edit on 4-12-2020 by Blue_Jay33 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2020 @ 07:22 AM
link   

Nevada, Arizona, Wisconsin, Michigan, Pennsylvania, Georgia. You could make an argument that possibly John McCain's feud with Trump( McCain was a POS, a sellout to the deep state like Romney and a national disgrace cost him that state so I can give that one to Usurper Joe. But the others... Wisconsin, Michigan, Nevada, Pennsylvania and Georgia would all go to Trump without the appalling cheating. No question, Trump was the winner of this election.

posted on Dec, 5 2020 @ 07:34 AM
link   

This time, Vice President Mike Pence will be in the chair for any potential challenges — a potentially awkward scenario as his boss continues to deny the reality of the election he lost.

Ummm... no. that doesn't in any way shape or form give the VP the "Constitutional authority to not count ANY electors from contested states". It merely says he would chair the House during any such contestations by House members.

Trump has many avenues to win this, the MSM won't tell you this, the very last not being discussed is that if all constitutional and court challenges fail, Trump has one last card to play and I am not sure even he will play it because it would change America forever, it is the "Samson Option" he presents the military command with everything he has gathered on voter fraud, and proclaims this batch of Democrats are traitors to the American constitution, he then says they are the domestic enemies you swore on your oath to protect......if they agree; it's over for Biden simple as that, if they disagree it's over for Trump.

You are forgetting that this election took place under a declared National Emergency with respect to foreign interference in our elections. The military already has all of the evidence. I believe that unless he declares some form of limited martial law, he will be unsuccessful.

I hoep he has the resolve to see this through. I believe he does. I have to believe he does.

posted on Dec, 5 2020 @ 07:38 AM
link   
The Vice President is the President of the Senate, not the House.

In the case of no resolution in the Electoral College, the House elects the President with each State having one vote.

The Senate elects the Vice President in that scenario but technically at that point, Pence is not VP.
edit on 5-12-2020 by Gryphon66 because: Noted

posted on Dec, 5 2020 @ 07:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66
The Vice President is the President of the Senate, not the House.

My bad, you're right... but my point stands.

Pence has no individual or unilateral authority to reject the electors.

The Senate elects the Vice President in that scenario but technically at that point, Pence is not VP.

He is, until the new one is sworn in.

posted on Dec, 5 2020 @ 08:36 AM
link   

Yes he does, IF competing electors are sent from the states, so let's says two groups of electors are sent, one for Biden and one for Trump, he either doesn't count any from that state as both sets cancel each other out, or he just counts Trumps, his goal would be to get Biden under 270.

posted on Dec, 5 2020 @ 08:52 AM
link   

Yes he does,

No. He doesn't. This is the function of sitting HoR members. Not the VP.

Or - maybe you could actually provide evidence to support your claim?

IF competing electors are sent from the states, so let's says two groups of electors are sent, one for Biden and one for Trump, he either doesn't count any from that state as both sets cancel each other out, or he just counts Trumps, his goal would be to get Biden under 270.

Again - no, that is the job of the HoR, not the VP.

posted on Dec, 5 2020 @ 09:14 AM
link   

From CNN

On January 6 the House and Senate will meet in a joint session to tabulate the electoral votes. Pence will serve as the presiding officer and announce the results of each state in alphabetical order pursuant to procedures set forth under federal law. After each state's results are announced, members will have the opportunity to offer objections to those results. Objections must be made in writing and require the support of at least one member of the House of Representatives and one member from the Senate.

Did you know that Biden graveled down the Democrats when they tried this on Trump in 2016, saying "It's Over".
Pence is a loyalist, he and the GOP can stretch this out, he could even hold it in abeyance for courts to resolve, running out the clock.

posted on Dec, 5 2020 @ 09:35 AM
link   
Ahem...

This still doesn't support the claim that the VP can unilaterally decide to deny the electors on his own.

From CNN

On January 6 the House and Senate will meet in a joint session to tabulate the electoral votes. Pence will serve as the presiding officer and announce the results of each state in alphabetical order pursuant to procedures set forth under federal law. After each state's results are announced, members will have the opportunity to offer objections to those results. Objections must be made in writing and require the support of at least one member of the House of Representatives and one member from the Senate.

Did you know that Biden graveled down the Democrats when they tried this on Trump in 2016, saying "It's Over".
Pence is a loyalist, he and the GOP can stretch this out, he could even hold it in abeyance for courts to resolve, running out the clock.

posted on Dec, 5 2020 @ 09:57 AM
link   

Democrats should be worried.....

Nah.

In case you haven't noticed, Pence has spent the last ten days or so moving quietly away from Trump. His name is no longer on the various fundraising campaigns.

The Donald is on his own with a bunch of sycophants and grifters that will throw him under the bus when their revenue streams start to dry up.
edit on 5-12-2020 by Whodathunkdatcheese because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2020 @ 10:22 AM
link   

all states are certified, there are no contested states.

posted on Dec, 5 2020 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Let's hope he has the guts. Victory at any cost.

posted on Dec, 5 2020 @ 01:47 PM
link   
a reply to: richapau

Says you.

We say otherwise and you'll all do what? Nothing. You'll do nothing.

posted on Dec, 5 2020 @ 03:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: DanDanDat
Civil war might not be to bad; but I wish I thought of this before I bought a new home in the "nice" part of town.

Ewww the "nice" part!? They don't even PRETEND to hide their racism anymore do they? I bet you aren't even planning on bequeathing it to a a random black stranger upon your death either like anyone with a scrap of decency would do with the family home...not leave it to some Asian, or some Latino, or some.......::shudder::... WHITE!!! and play the, "but but...he's my grandson," card. Fascist house buying monster...

Now imagine THAT as the reaction to every utterance a person mutters for the next 1460 days...

Trump takes the White House and it's what we're hounded with but with a somewhat humerous element to watching it be shouted.

Biden/Harris takes the White House and such opinion will become legislation, mark my words. I now know there's no such thing as too ridiculous in 2020 just as I warned, no offense, but for whenever the time came the Millennial Generation came of age. And I thought I had stayed somewhat silly with it....turned out I had so understated things and the jokes simply manifested as our reality now

Sorry to use your post to make that point... congrats on your new house though whether your house is racist or not.
edit on 12/5/2020 by AlexandrosTheGreat because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2020 @ 08:34 PM
link   
i take no joy in what i am about to say after observing the last 5 years specifically but what this poster is saying is technically , constitutionally and legally correct but totally useless.

because it should be clear by now after....

hillory openly defying security procedures, governmental regulations, the law and the courts

a FBI director defying THE LAW about revealing top secret information to the press for express purpose at harming a sitting president.

that someone openly LIED on a FISA application (not once but multiple times) and a judge didnt due his job to demand verification.

that the courts in above cases DIDNT PUNISH ANYONE....

that a sitting president had a two year special council investigation EVEN AFTER if came out that the FISA warrant was obtained by A LIE.. something that would stop ANY INVESTIGATION IN ITS TRACKS.

that an impeachment was done based on A PHONE CALL that the accusation was CLEARLY DIFFERENT THAN WHAT THE TRANSCRIPT OF THE CALL SHOWED...

that the star witness DIDNT EVEN HEAR THE CALL THEMSELVES BUT BY LITTERALY A THIRD PERSON OPINION...

that now we have states like PA changing the voter rules not only in mid election but even after that .. you know "we will count all votes even if come after election day or envelope procedures not followed"
to which even the supreme court IGNORED ITS OWN STATE CONSTITUTION THAT THE LEGISLATORS set voter procedures to ok it and stop lawsuits then and now.

we have clear other voter irregularities like votes counted after some observers sent home, more people voted than EVER HAVE to such points as 100 percent (something that has NEVER HAPPENED), some areas exceed 100 percent, proven dead voting, ect.

though all that NOT ONE ALPHABET LAW ENFORCEMENT AGENCY (be local , state or feds) LOCKING DOWN EVERYTHING for an investigation.. letting items be destroyed ...

with courts throwing out lawsuits and dragging their feet while claiming there is a hard deadline.

along with adding the covid edicts being law instead of going though legislation.
with courts making ruling they dont enforce when the the gov thumb their noses at it...

with all this (yes i threw in covid but done to show there is more, much more) it should SADLY BE OBVIOUS..

our constitution and rule of law with our legal system of justice being blind with weight of the evidence....

IS DEAD.....

or if not dead within a breath or two of it...

but what is worse is a large group (i pray not the majority but damn close) ok with it..
be direct approval (the cause/reason DOES NOT JUSTIFY THE MEANS) or sitting quietly by...

scrounger

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join