It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pence Might Decide The Presidency After All.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+31 more 
posted on Dec, 3 2020 @ 08:06 PM
link   
Do people know the VP as head of the Senate
enjoys Constitutional authority to not count ANY electors from contested states ?
If in his opinion those states votes were compromised he can reject them.
Law scholars and legal historians both generally agree on that point, but it is not a well known fact.

Subtract all of Bidens contested states and this goes to the one vote per state process as per the Constitution.

This is all laid out in the book "Ballot Battles: The History of Disputed Elections in the United States"

Democrats should be worried....a stolen election by fraud, can be taken right back legally thanks to the American Constitution.
edit on 3-12-2020 by Blue_Jay33 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2020 @ 08:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Blue_Jay33

what is the definition of a "contested state"?

posted on Dec, 3 2020 @ 08:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Blue_Jay33Ruh-ro

posted on Dec, 3 2020 @ 08:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: subfab

MSM along any minute with that assist

posted on Dec, 3 2020 @ 08:24 PM
link   
Shhhhhh don't scare people they might start flipping like pancakes at an ihop 😎🎩

posted on Dec, 3 2020 @ 08:31 PM
link   

If I understand this correctly, this would require a challenge to be sponsored by at least one Senator for each state which is has questionable events surrounding their electoral votes. The biggest question, which would have to be answered and likely survive SCOTUS scrutiny in the wake of that, is whether the winner of the election is then whoever gets the most electoral votes after the contested states are removed, despite that total being under the 270 threshold, or whether "One state, one vote" would be enacted and the state legislatures would then decide the outcome.

posted on Dec, 3 2020 @ 08:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: subfab

I guess that would be the part that goes to the SCOTUS to decide

posted on Dec, 3 2020 @ 08:33 PM
link   
I think Trump's team is hoping not to go that route. Things might get a bit ugly if that happens.

+1 more 
posted on Dec, 3 2020 @ 08:37 PM
link   
I'm loving this, seriously.

The Trump Presidency has shown so many paths and avenues via the Court route, to include obstructionist Dems.

Fact is, we're all in uncharted Constitutional waters and most don't even realize the full extent of what is afforded to Trump.

If Trump wins through another route, it'll be the greatest move made by anyone, EVER, inregards to the Presidency.

+3 more 
posted on Dec, 3 2020 @ 08:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Klassified
I think Trump's team is hoping not to go that route. Things might get a bit ugly if that happens.

Oh absolutely, but IF fraud really was an issue, then things are already pretty ugly.

Plus, this is Trump, he'll bulldoze any avenue available.

posted on Dec, 3 2020 @ 08:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Arnie123
I'm loving this, seriously.

The Trump Presidency has shown so many paths and avenues via the Court route, to include obstructionist Dems.

Fact is, we're all in uncharted Constitutional waters and most don't even realize the full extent of what is afforded to Trump.

If Trump wins through another route, it'll be the greatest move made by anyone, EVER, inregards to the Presidency.

It wasn't too long ago he said in an interview, "Don't ever bet against me."

+4 more 
posted on Dec, 3 2020 @ 08:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Klassified

And the betting houses still have not paid out yet.....
there is a reason why.

posted on Dec, 3 2020 @ 08:55 PM
link   
Civil war might not be to bad; but I wish I thought of this before I bought a new home in the "nice" part of town.

posted on Dec, 3 2020 @ 09:11 PM
link   
His body language speaks volumes. He is confident, and not attempting to deceive.

He won, and will not be cheated. He has more than one way forward. Harris needs to resign and buy a house real quick in Washington DC.

posted on Dec, 3 2020 @ 09:13 PM
link   
All that's needed is for the SCOTUS to throw the election to the Congress and it's game over. Also confirmed by Jerome Corsi below...

When the case reaches the Supreme Court, the justices have been traditionally reluctant to pick winners and losers in elections. Also, the Supreme Court is likely to insist that questions of voter fraud had to be settled in state and federal trial courts. In the federal court system, the Supreme Court would expect the federal district courts to have adjudicated whether or not voter fraud occurred and if it occurred in sufficient numbers to award the presidency to Trump. Unfortunately, given the Constitutional deadlines, including the setting of the inauguration day on January 20, 2021, there may not be enough time for the federal district courts to conduct the trials that would be required.

Fortunately, the Constitution provides the Supreme Court a remedy. When the Electoral College fails to vote 270 electors to any one presidential candidate, the solution is for the Supreme Court to throw the election to the Congress.

The Election Goes to Congress

According to Article II, Section 1, Clause 3 of the Constitution, as modified by the Twelfth Amendment, the U.S. House of Representatives votes for the president and the U.S. Senate votes for the vice president. In the House of Representatives, each state gets one delegate vote in the vote for president; in the U.S. Senate, the candidate receiving the majority of votes becomes the vice president.

corsination.com...

posted on Dec, 3 2020 @ 09:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: DanDanDat
Civil war might not be to bad; but I wish I thought of this before I bought a new home in the "nice" part of town.

I'm hoping that the President's plan to win includes post-win plans that avoid that stuff. And you get to keep your place!

Seeing Pence come out of nowhere and decide the Presidency sure would be something

posted on Dec, 3 2020 @ 09:19 PM
link   
The Vice President is the President of the Senate. That means that the VP directs the sessions. This duty is usually ceded to the President Pro Tem who usually defers to the Majoirty Leader (which is not a Constitutional position).

No, the VP cannot just decide willy-nilly to ignore the Electoral College.

You guys just can't make up your minds. You've been singing the praises of the EC for four years, and now you want to override it.

Folks are going to start thinking you don't have any respect at all for our Constitution ...
edit on 3-12-2020 by Gryphon66 because: NOted

posted on Dec, 3 2020 @ 09:25 PM
link   
It's more likely Pence will not be needed. President Trump is holding a "Victory Rally" this Saturday in Georgia.

events.donaldjtrump.com...

posted on Dec, 3 2020 @ 10:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66
The Vice President is the President of the Senate. That means that the VP directs the sessions. This duty is usually ceded to the President Pro Tem who usually defers to the Majoirty Leader (which is not a Constitutional position).

No, the VP cannot just decide willy-nilly to ignore the Electoral College.

You guys just can't make up your minds. You've been singing the praises of the EC for four years, and now you want to override it.

Folks are going to start thinking you don't have any respect at all for our Constitution ...
Override? Nah. It says if the EC can’t reach 270. And that amigo is looking f’ing possible more by the minute

posted on Dec, 3 2020 @ 11:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Murgatroid

Here is another complete detailed explanation of the events from December 14th through January 20th.
corsination.com...

The state legislatures alone have the authority if they choose to exercise it to appoint Trump electors even if Biden won the state’s popular vote for president. The states can also appoint electors that will declare the state does not certify the presidential election, even if “Safe Harbor” measures are invoked in favor of Biden.

The point is that Article II is clear that the power of the state legislature to choose the electors under the Constitution is “plenary,” meaning, full, complete, and unabridged at all times. In plain languages, this means a state legislature can appoint anyone the state legislature chooses to be an elector in this year’s presidential election.

The Election Goes to Congress According to Article II, Section 1, Clause 3 of the Constitution, as modified by the Twelfth Amendment, the U.S. House of Representatives votes for the president and the U.S. Senate votes for the vice president. In the House of Representatives, each state gets one delegate vote in the vote for president; in the U.S. Senate, the candidate receiving the majority of votes becomes the vice president. House Speaker Nancy Pelosi has salivated over this possibility, realizing the Democrats currently hold the majority of seats in the House of Representatives. But given that each state only has one delegate vote in this particular House vote, Nancy Pelosi will have to understand the GOP currently controls 26 House delegates, while the Democrats control only 23. In one House delegation, namely Pennsylvania, the count of Republican members and Democratic members is evenly split. In other words, if the GOP delegations in the House vote together, Donald Trump will win a second term as president. In the U.S. Senate, there currently are 53 seats held by the GOP and 45 seats held by the Democrats, with 2 seats independent, both of whom caucus with the Democrats. With the GOP being the majority party in the Senate, Mike Pence will be voted vice president, provided the GOP in the Senate vote together. What this means is that the selection of electors by the state legislatures this year could well become all important in determining who is inaugurated president and vice president on January 20, 2021.

edit on 3-12-2020 by CharlesT because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join