It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where do we go for news?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2020 @ 04:27 PM
link   
Hello ATS, thanks for taking the time to answer this question.

I feel increasingly separated from the political process and don't have any amount of confidence left in our system.

The mainstream news has become a joke of epic proportions to me, and reality as presented just doesn't fit.

I can't watch Fox, they make me sick.

I can't watch CNN, they've always made me sick.

I refuse to active my Twitter account and Parler literally sucks.

YouTube is my least favorite platform on the Internet and I've never had a Facebook account.

So my question is, where do people like me go for news?

OANN? I like a BIT of contrasting viewpoints.

I can't find any place that represents my views.

posted on Dec, 3 2020 @ 04:31 PM
link   
All sources. There isn’t any one go to spot. It’s up to you as the user to now sort through the filters.

posted on Dec, 3 2020 @ 04:31 PM
link   
I read a lot.

Plenty of blogs. I will chase links used in posts which does lead me to all sides and to MSM news too. I find that reading is far less irritating than listening to some smug jerk lecturing me.

posted on Dec, 3 2020 @ 04:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Tempter

Watch them all, find the discrepancies and research those....if that fails, turn off the television and ignore it till it's gone.

But most of all...laugh, nobody gets out alive.

Peace

posted on Dec, 3 2020 @ 04:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Arnie123
All sources. There isn’t any one go to spot. It’s up to you as the user to now sort through the filters.

^^^^^ this.

I've found a few decent voices, but no decent outlets.

I have to be cognizant of the angles as I'm reading.

posted on Dec, 3 2020 @ 04:46 PM
link   
Watch CNN and RT at the same time and the truth will be somewhere in the middle

posted on Dec, 3 2020 @ 04:50 PM
link   
Youtube is tagging political videos with a banner that says the AP has called the race for Biden. They have removed countless conservative members.

posted on Dec, 3 2020 @ 04:52 PM
link   
Epoch Times. Very anti-CCP (everyone should be), but other than that, great reporting.

posted on Dec, 3 2020 @ 04:53 PM
link   
Pool table at the local speakeasy

posted on Dec, 3 2020 @ 05:01 PM
link   
I come here.

It seems Twitter is also a go to for many,
edit on 3/12/20 by Cobaltic1978 because: (no reason given)

link   
I listen to my cat to find the news, he never lies, he always says he wants bacon. That is truly pork barrel information.

link   
Reddit.

/s

OAN, Sky News Australia, and a few other outlets.

posted on Dec, 3 2020 @ 05:03 PM
link   
Anywhere BUT the MSM... A few sources I currently listen to:

Newsmax TV
www.youtube.com...

One America News (AKA OANN)
www.youtube.com...
www.oann.com...

Epoch Times - YouTube
www.youtube.com...

Right Side Broadcasting Network (AKA RSBN)
www.youtube.com...

Black Conservative Patriot (AKA BCP)
www.youtube.com...

The Officer Tatum - YouTube
www.youtube.com...

The Still Report - YouTube
www.youtube.com...

X22 Report
x22report.com...

originally posted by: InverseLookingGlass
This is a cautionary note to anyone that has been getting most of their information from alternate sources and not the MSM. A person that gets most information from the MSM will usually have an emotional reaction to ideas that challenge their comfortable world view. It has little to do with the validity of this or that conspiracy theory. The inability to think critically is symptomatic of the stupor that TV news, pop culture and advertising puts you in. Get used to it.

In U.S. Army Intelligence, I was trained that the truth most often lies in the exact opposite direction of the public rhetoric. You must learn this technique if you are to successfully glean the truth from news reports.

LEARNING TO THINK IN THE OPPOSITE DIRECTION OF PROPAGANDA

posted on Dec, 3 2020 @ 05:23 PM
link   

The source is not so important and most are going to be biased one way or another.

When you read a story ask your self some common sense questions and see if they asked them or covered it or if they purposely hid the questions. Also read between the lines and carefully inspect how they worded things.

Also don't ever trust a one sided journalist that is always focused on the OTHER party. For example tucker, Rush,cooper,maddow ,etc . They are not your friend. They are purposely blaming the other party because they are part of the same swamp. they want to keep you focused on the party you have no influence on.

The people that are worth listening too are the ones that you don't know where the story is going end up just because you see the sources name. If I see tucker,Rush,hannity,etc I know who is going to be blamed. Same when I see Cooper,Maddow,etc.Same for certain posters here as well for that matter. I often click on a thread and see who created it and then I typically avoid wasting my time as I know where their narrative is going.

Ben Swann has been the most decent reporter i have seen IMO. He also has held both party accountable and he focuses on the wrong doings of both party. I watched a few shows of the hil and they weren't have bad but haven't watched them enough to recommend. www.youtube.com...

Sadly Joe Rogan is more decent than All the MSM on BOTH sides , but he tends to pick up the narrative of the guest and purposely avoid the tough questions depending on how much he respects the guest. However, he is not hyper focused on blaming one party for everything and often calls the BS of both party.

The guy that cares about America and really fixing things is not going to purposely misdirect you to focus on the wrong doings of the party you cant make a difference in. The guy that cares is going to put America before party and focus and hold his own party accountable because that is where you have a voice and can make a difference. Your party is pointless if they are doing wrong doings and its not worth fighting for or protecting them in that case.

So the bottom line is there are no uncontrolled narrative free unbiased news source. You are going to have to do the leg work yourself to get to the truth of the matter or they will spoon feed you their narrative.

Having said that I think ATS does a pretty good job in dissecting the stories here and there.

edit on 391231America/ChicagoThu, 03 Dec 2020 17:39:41 -0600000000p3142 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2020 @ 05:35 PM
link   
a reply to: interupt42

Good points, currently ATS is my first stop even though there is a huge amount of bias here. There are just enough posters here that I actually trust, to make it worthwhile... Those that I DON'T trust, I can easily scroll past their posts to save time...

Like the quote below says, being biased doesn't mean you are wrong.

1. Everyone is biased

And I mean everyone. Every single person, in every assessment that they make, has all kinds of biases. Sometimes it is as obvious and powerful as confirmation bias - the tendency to interpret matters in a way that confirms one's prior views. At other times it can be as subtle as emotional associations, either positive or negative, with something from one's childhood. No person is a computer.

2. There is nothing wrong with being biased

Being biased is part of the human condition. It hampers one's ability to objectively appraise a topic, but that handicap does not reflect badly one someone any more than a physical handicap. For example, as someone who grew up Jewish and lives in Israel, of course I am biased towards seeing Israel as the good guy in the Israel vs. Palestinian conflict. There's no shame in that bias.

3. Being biased doesn't mean that you are wrong

This is a corollary of the first principle; since everyone is biased, of course being biased cannot mean that one is wrong. And even if, in a dispute, one person is substantially more biased than the other, it still does not mean that he is wrong.

The Seven Principles of Bias

edit on 12.3.2020 by Murgatroid because: Felt like it...

posted on Dec, 3 2020 @ 05:55 PM
link   
ATS is the place. It isn't a news outlet but there are a lot of people here who bring references to different news sources. The best, love it or hate it, is the Political Mud-pit. It's where you can get opinions from all sides. If you're inclined to debate, it's a great place to speak up.

Yeah, ATS has a few classic a-holes who troll only to stir the pot with nothing valuable to contribute but the good news is you can skip over posts by certain participants.

posted on Dec, 3 2020 @ 06:03 PM
link   
Watch them all including the Religious Channels. The religious ones are best while playing your guitar with heavy distortion.

posted on Dec, 3 2020 @ 06:15 PM
link   
Alex Jones... infowars...and Prison planet!! QAnon as well....

www.infowarsstore.com...
edit on 3-12-2020 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2020 @ 06:15 PM
link   

I can't find any place that represents my views.

Might that be your problem? You are searching for someone to tell you exactly what you want to hear? I can do that for you, just pay me enough and I will. That's what Trump has done, enough people paid him with faith and votes and made him president. And, opps, that what Biden has done as well.

So maybe it's your views that are skewed, I don't know, I"m just saying. Maybe you should not look for a place that confirms your view but rather listen to places that don't. Places from here and there from all over the spectrum and maybe that will help to broaden your horizons which according to you are rather limited.

posted on Dec, 3 2020 @ 06:34 PM
link   
On line Citizens Free Press took over where Drudge turned tail and ran.
www.citizenfreepress.com...

top topics

<<   2 >>

join