It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Freedom in Iraq Doesn't Come With a Haircut. (If you want one, you'll be murdered)

page: 1
0
<<   2 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2005 @ 07:55 AM
link   
www.nytimes.com...


AGHDAD, Iraq, March 17 - It was almost closing time in Sadiq Abdul Hussein's barbershop when a man in a black mask walked in, pulled out a pistol, and began spinning it on his finger, cowboy style.

The gunman was not after government officials or American collaborators. He had come because of the way Mr. Hussein cut hair.

Within seconds, the masked man opened fire, fatally wounding Mr. Hussein, 23, who lived long enough to describe the attack. The gunman also killed his partner and a customer.

In southern Baghdad, the hazards of life have come to this: gangs of militant Islamists are warning barbers that it is haram - forbidden - to shave men's beards or do Western-style haircuts. As many as 12 barbers have been killed, Iraqi officials say, including five in one day in late January. With little hope of police protection, most now refuse to offer the offending cuts, and have placed prominent signs in their front windows saying so.


That's the USA doing a fine and dandy job of restoring the rule of law to a country under tyrrrany.

These dudes get shot for shaving beards, giving french style haircuts and other barbaric acts of the knive and scissors


***WARNING*** The Following Is A Sarcastic Statement

Viewers under 13 years old are suggested to have Parental Persmission before viewing the following lines.

Good thing Saddam is gone, now we can have a new training ground for Islamic militancy. Afghanistan was too far away anyways. Now they're closer to Israel.

GO GETTEM BARBER SHOP KILLERS


[edit on 18-3-2005 by 00PS]




posted on Mar, 18 2005 @ 07:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by 00PS

GO GETTEM BARBER SHOP KILLERS




Im confused, you want the murders to happen?



posted on Mar, 18 2005 @ 08:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by SpittinCobra

Originally posted by 00PS

GO GETTEM BARBER SHOP KILLERS




Im confused, you want the murders to happen?


Yes! No? I'm confused...oh that was sarcasm...

SpittinCobra what you spittin bro...better back on up with you one liners!

Haha j/k....

Yeah, that's sarcasm...guess you didn't pick it up...



posted on Mar, 18 2005 @ 08:06 AM
link   
It was a vaild question.

Maybe you could try to be more clear.



posted on Mar, 18 2005 @ 08:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by SpittinCobra
It was a vaild question.

Maybe you could try to be more clear.


Word to my homie Jesus Slingshot Killa!!

I made an edit as to not get any more confusion...

DrHoracid said I was you once. He said you had made a double account and that I was you...isn't that Odd??? Should we be friends??



posted on Mar, 18 2005 @ 08:09 AM
link   
so is ithe government's fault whenever a citizen is killed within the borders of the United States as well? Lunatics killing innocents becaue they give haircuts and shaves is horrible. Blaming the US for it is inane. We can't control day to day crime within our own borders, you can't expect us to stop every nut job from committing a heinous crime overseas as well.

The mere fact that there were barbers offering this service is indication that there is more freedoms.



posted on Mar, 18 2005 @ 08:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Crakeur
so is ithe government's fault whenever a citizen is killed within the borders of the United States as well? Lunatics killing innocents becaue they give haircuts and shaves is horrible. Blaming the US for it is inane. We can't control day to day crime within our own borders, you can't expect us to stop every nut job from committing a heinous crime overseas as well.

The mere fact that there were barbers offering this service is indication that there is more freedoms.


That is an ignorant statement

Women had more rights under saddam

you don't know what you are talking about

men could wear any haircut under saddam

its the taliban rule coming to iraq

if America didn't take out saddam they wouldn't have this problem


go read a book before you spread false lies lies lies lies don't be a liar.



posted on Mar, 18 2005 @ 08:14 AM
link   
The enemy of my enemy IS my friend.



posted on Mar, 18 2005 @ 08:26 AM
link   
Well at least Saddam and his sons are no longer able to rape randomn women they find on the streets because they felt the urge to do so......
Saddam, Stalin, Hitler, Anti-Christ...all the same in my eyes!!!


"Women had more rights under saddam " Oops
Q: When Saddam was in power did women hold a political office?
A: No...and if so it was controlled

Go read a book!!!!


[edit on 18-3-2005 by dev_add]

[edit on 18-3-2005 by dev_add]



posted on Mar, 18 2005 @ 08:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by dev_add
Well at least Saddam and his sons are no longer able to rape randomn women they find on the streets because they felt the urge to do so......
Saddam, Stalin, Hitler, Anti-Christ...all the same in my eyes!!!


"Women had more rights under saddam " Oops
Q: When Saddam was in power did women hold a political office?
A: No...and if so it was controlled

Go read a book!!!!


[edit on 18-3-2005 by dev_add]

[edit on 18-3-2005 by dev_add]


Go read my ATSNN Submissions about womens rights in Iraq.

Women in Iraq under saddam had more rights

Under their new 'rule' (not government) they have less rights

They are under taliban style shar'ia rule

Go read a book yourself before you accuse people like you have.

You are wrong...that's the last I will say.



posted on Mar, 18 2005 @ 08:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by 00PS
www.nytimes.com...


AGHDAD, Iraq, March 17 - It was almost closing time in Sadiq Abdul Hussein's barbershop when a man in a black mask walked in, pulled out a pistol, and began spinning it on his finger, cowboy style.

The gunman was not after government officials or American collaborators. He had come because of the way Mr. Hussein cut hair.

Within seconds, the masked man opened fire, fatally wounding Mr. Hussein, 23, who lived long enough to describe the attack. The gunman also killed his partner and a customer.

In southern Baghdad, the hazards of life have come to this: gangs of militant Islamists are warning barbers that it is haram - forbidden - to shave men's beards or do Western-style haircuts. As many as 12 barbers have been killed, Iraqi officials say, including five in one day in late January. With little hope of police protection, most now refuse to offer the offending cuts, and have placed prominent signs in their front windows saying so.


That's the USA doing a fine and dandy job of restoring the rule of law to a country under tyrrrany.

These dudes get shot for shaving beards, giving french style haircuts and other barbaric acts of the knive and scissors


***WARNING*** The Following Is A Sarcastic Statement

Viewers under 13 years old are suggested to have Parental Persmission before viewing the following lines.

Good thing Saddam is gone, now we can have a new training ground for Islamic militancy. Afghanistan was too far away anyways. Now they're closer to Israel.

GO GETTEM BARBER SHOP KILLERS


[edit on 18-3-2005 by 00PS]


I think its funny as heck that somehow, in OOP's mind, this is the USA's fault. How come the Iraqis arent responsible for behaiving themselves and policing themselves? This is petty crime, not the US's problem.

OOPS, as of this post right here, I officially have removed any and all credit that you may have had left. From now on, your posts may as well read "blah blah blah blah", because thats all anything from you is worth. Hey, you earned it!



posted on Mar, 18 2005 @ 08:54 AM
link   
You don't understand the laws of Cause and Effect.

If the USA didn't Cause this, there would be no Effect

Such as dead people dying for getting or giving haircuts...


DUH!!!!!!

I DON"T CARE IF YOU DON"T LIKE WHAT I POST

SMART PEOPLE DO



posted on Mar, 18 2005 @ 08:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by 00PS
DUH!!!!!!

I DON"T CARE IF YOU DON"T LIKE WHAT I POST

SMART PEOPLE DO


If you don't know what to stop, U2U me for details.

[edit on 18-3-2005 by RANT]



posted on Mar, 18 2005 @ 09:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by 00PS

Originally posted by dev_add
Well at least Saddam and his sons are no longer able to rape randomn women they find on the streets because they felt the urge to do so......
Saddam, Stalin, Hitler, Anti-Christ...all the same in my eyes!!!


"Women had more rights under saddam " Oops
Q: When Saddam was in power did women hold a political office?
A: No...and if so it was controlled

Go read a book!!!!


[edit on 18-3-2005 by dev_add]



[edit on 18-3-2005 by dev_add]


Go read my ATSNN Submissions about womens rights in Iraq.

Women in Iraq under saddam had more rights

Under their new 'rule' (not government) they have less rights

They are under taliban style shar'ia rule

Go read a book yourself before you accuse people like you have.

You are wrong...that's the last I will say.


OOPS, Im not accsuing you of anything man. No need for the hositility.
Im simply saying that any government, anywhere, is not going to be perfect and might have to enforce a "regimented" rule until things settle down (especially with a war going on, car bombs etc...).

And I would have to disagree on the women rights issue....I don't care what BBC, CNN, NBC, PCP, CBS, TNT and nay other acronymned TV station has to say. I have been there and heard the stories from the people who lived them about Saddam and his "government" doing some pretty explicit things (His sons) and cops and anybody with authority could do as they please sheilded by the people above them and them by the people above them..so on and so on.

People get shot here (is the U.S. of A) all the time by crazy lunos in barber shops and what do you have to say about that? Nevermind that's another thread.
What really goes on and what the media portrays, books tell and people "hear say" usually is wrong and they give what they think the people want to hear.....We on ATS should all know this.

Anyways, awaiting your response.

[edit on 18-3-2005 by dev_add]



posted on Mar, 18 2005 @ 09:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Crakeur

The mere fact that there were barbers offering this service is indication that there is more freedoms.



Right on!


Just another reason why it's important we're there. Good grief, imagine living in a country where you can't even get the haircut of your choice!!


Keep working with us Iraq - freedom will come.



posted on Mar, 18 2005 @ 09:11 AM
link   
Under Saddam you could get any haircut you want

Under USA occupation you can't

Any questions?



posted on Mar, 18 2005 @ 09:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by 00PS
Under Saddam you could get any haircut you want

Under USA occupation you can't

Any questions?


OOPS, OOPS listen to me man (ok read me) there is a bigger picture besides the haircut...you simply cannot base a governments control and blame fault because of one single action in a barbershop!!!!
you just can't do it!!!! it goes against all logic known to man!!!

Ok lets pretend that under Saddams rule people could get any haircut they wanted, buzz cut, hi n tite, fro, jerry curl...maybe even a mullet


And now let's make believe in LALA land they have to have a tradtional muslim whatever style.......

WHOOPTY F%^&ING DOO (pardon my english)

who cares about haircuts...there are bigger things here besides haricuts....
haircuts are probably the last thing on some of them peoples minds...what about freedom of speech, voting...yes Saddam had votes so don't bring it up......NEWS FLASH they were rigged!!!!!!

Haircuts!!!! its all about the haircuts!!!!!!..........a little sarcasm there!!!

not yours,

Dev

[edit on 18-3-2005 by dev_add]



posted on Mar, 18 2005 @ 09:23 AM
link   
The mother of the barber cares...

that's my point



posted on Mar, 18 2005 @ 09:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by 00PS
The mother of the barber cares...

that's my point


Ok, well I'm sure the mother of the women Saddam has raped/killed and whataver else cares aswell....

and the people he has imprisoned for speeking truth!!! even killed a few of them!!!

Why am I even responding to such ignorance??? I dunno, but it's funny how blind people are.

DENY IGNORANCE man get a hold of yourself!!!



posted on Mar, 18 2005 @ 09:32 AM
link   
I see your 330 points and I can only assume you are new...

word to the wise, stay on topic.

the topic of this post is about freedom in iraq doesn't count for haircuts anymore....

you are argueing apples and oranges my friend...

sorry... if you can't prove my point wrong, take your agruements into a new thread!

peace




top topics



 
0
<<   2 >>

log in

join