It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Colombian prehistoric rock art found in the Amazon

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2020 @ 09:46 AM
link   
Good stuff. It is interesting that in the article they note they painted towers - which would explain the art high up.

Red ocher pigmentation is very resistant to fading but it is possible that some of the art was made 'recently', past centuries. They will have to find the source of ocher and excavate at the base of the cliffs to see what was left behind.

posted on Dec, 3 2020 @ 11:20 AM
link   
a reply to: nikelbee

Great topic Nikelbee! Absolutely fascinating discovery. Its remote location has surely helped its preservation.

I find Silcone Synapse's theories probable and enthralling. At the same time I agree with you that it could be a form of cataloguing.

In fact, I'll go further and theorise that that large mural is a form of map come land registry. I believe the squares containing different patterns denote families or tribes and their lands and related animal inventory. The effaced area could simply be cancelling out the old registry. The whole idea struck me when I thought of Scottish tartans and their identification with different clans. All that's missing is a 'You are here" arrow.

There are two other elements that strengthen my idea. One, are the parallel wavy lines. I think they indicate the winding rivers that can be seen on a map of the general location of the site.

The other elements are the hand prints that are near said 'rivers'. Perhaps they are a form of signature come biometric identification to confirm one's ownership of a piece of land.

As to the longevity of the pigment, there are many fruits/berries that leave permanent stains. Pomegranate juice is one, even if we don't know if it even existed then. However, who knows what similar fruits there were 12K years ago in that area.

On a different note. I love the Palaeo-anthropologist Ella Al-Shamahi. She looks like a real life Lara Croft and must probably be a real blast to go treasure hunting with.

edit on 3-12-2020 by Encia22 because: Tinkering

posted on Dec, 4 2020 @ 05:40 AM
link   
They were trying to record their world before those with the memories all died.

www.arcadia93.org...

Now might be a great time to begin such a project.

<< 1   >>

join