It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Comedians CALL OUT PC/CANCEL CULTURE

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2020 @ 09:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: oloufo

originally posted by: DAVID64
a reply to: oloufo

It's very telling that you say this :

what gets on my nerves is double standards and witch hunts on twitter

and then this :

nevertheless radical right-wingers are more dangerous.

Is it the "radical Right" that is burning, looting and assaulting people because they don't think the way you want ? Just a hint, it's the Democrat strongholds where all the trouble is happening and the Mayors and Governors are doing nothing to stop it. Kamala Harris even started a fund to bail them out if they were arrested. So, when you say double standards are getting on your nerves, you need to look in the mirror.

i'm also annoyed by left-wing radicals and islamists, but the ones who shout loudest and plaster the internet with their hatred are the radical right-wingers. radical animal rights activists are also annoying. or many spoken word artists. but the worst are still neo-nazis.

Throw in vegans and you can be annoyed 24/7 - what a way to live!

posted on Dec, 3 2020 @ 10:20 AM
link   
a reply to: CryHavoc

We are watching old Carol Burnett shows, they are so funny.
Also, on most of them we say to each other, that couldn't be done today.

Much of the comedy that is really funny makes fun of sex stereotypes, that is funny, but definitely would not be allowed on TV these days.

Also, Carol was ahead of her time in making fun of racial stereotypes, that too is funny, but would have the pc cancel culture having a cow that these insightful, yet funny skits were too racist for people to see - when they were lampooning the stereotypes.

When you aren't allowed to make fun of things, it allows them to grow and no one is able to see the absurdity of those stereotypes because it becomes a forbidden topic - so the stereotypes then take root and grow in the dark.

posted on Dec, 3 2020 @ 10:42 AM
link   
This is actually a double edged sword to be honest. When the left became offended at anything a comedian said we got cancel culture. Since most comedians are left leaning anyway they just projected intentionally harmful stuff at people “the left deemed as acceptable targets”! Which is straight white males and bitchy straight white females “Karen’s” white republicans and white people in general. They intentionally push limits in relation to this without pushback.

The difference between being a snowflake cancel culture person and me on this subject it this. I don’t actually care about the targeting and jokes I simply want the ability at Reciprocity. Meaning if you can tell jokes like that about us we can tell jokes about you! All the left has done is create a monopoly on race related jokes, sex related jokes and gender related jokes, while expecting white people to walk on eggshells.

I used to like Dave Chappell and he’s still funny but he’s become exactly the person he said he didn’t want to be.
He didn’t want to become a one trick pony just telling race related jokes-however that’s exactly what he is now! That’s why he left Comedy Central and his own show. He got tired of it! I’m guessing the money started to dip and he just gave in.

posted on Dec, 3 2020 @ 04:44 PM
link   
Good topic, since I'm tired of how lame comedy has become on the mainstream end of it.

Watched this documentary a few days back Can We Take a Joke? that touches on this topic very well. It has Gilbert in it, and if you've ever watched the Aristocrat, well then I highly suggest you do... vulgar comedy at it's very finest

posted on Dec, 3 2020 @ 07:11 PM
link   
Love this guy cause he calls out EVERYONE.
The riotous "triggering" starts at 10:17

posted on Dec, 3 2020 @ 07:23 PM
link   
A little late you brave comedians

posted on Dec, 3 2020 @ 09:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Caver78
Love this guy cause he calls out EVERYONE.
The riotous "triggering" starts at 10:17

Well apparently he didn't call himself out , but Joe Rogan did for supposedly taking others material.
nonetheless I thought he was funny.

edit on 371231America/ChicagoThu, 03 Dec 2020 21:37:42 -0600000000p3142 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2020 @ 09:54 PM
link   
a reply to: CryHavoc

Always like

Sorry Phaget he did provide the written script so this is not for you.

posted on Dec, 4 2020 @ 07:10 PM
link   
a reply to: interupt42

Yeah, I'd heard that as well but my problem is I find him hilarious anyway.
Probably just tanked several karma points for that!

top topics

<< 1   >>

join