It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

President Trump Personally Sues 21 Wisconsin Officials and Politicians for Election Law Violations.

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2020 @ 06:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: johnnylaw16

originally posted by: LanceCorvette

originally posted by: Gryphon66
a reply to: tanstaafl

Affidavits are not evidence for the thousandth time.

Affidavits are absolutely evidence. They are written testimony.

Cases are won and lost every day in courthouses around the country based solely on affidavits.

Been a lawyer almost 30 years. I could be wrong.

But I'm not.

No, you're totally right. Affidavits are form of evidence. The problem is that the affidavits that have been submitted thus far are either not admissible or lack the basic requirements of reliability and are not credited.

I know I'm right.

I don't know why the content of the affidavits has been rejected by the courts, but I doubt you can say that *all* the affidavits submitted are not admissible or credible.

You do understand there's politics at play here, right?

No, there's not. Not a single affidavit alleging fraud has yet to be credited by any[/I] judge. That is not politics.

Got it. I'm arguing with a lib.

How do I know? You keep changing the premise of the conversation. First you said it was all affidavits that have been rejected. Now apparently it's affidavits "alleging fraud".

I'm out. Good luck with your crooked way of thinking.

posted on Dec, 4 2020 @ 07:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66
a reply to: tanstaafl

Affidavits are not evidence for the thousandth time.

Affidavits are absolutely evidence. They are written testimony.

Cases are won and lost every day in courthouses around the country based solely on affidavits.

Been a lawyer almost 30 years. I could be wrong.

But I'm not.

No, you're totally right. Affidavits are form of evidence. The problem is that the affidavits that have been submitted thus far are either not admissible or lack the basic requirements of reliability and are not credited.

I know I'm right.

I don't know why the content of the affidavits has been rejected by the courts, but I doubt you can say that *all* the affidavits submitted are not admissible or credible.

You do understand there's politics at play here, right?

No, there's not. Not a single affidavit alleging fraud has yet to be credited by any judge. That is not politics.

Got it. I'm arguing with a lib.

How do I know? You keep changing the premise of the conversation. First you said it was all affidavits that have been rejected. Now apparently it's affidavits "alleging fraud".

I'm out. Good luck with your crooked way of thinking.

I'm sorry if we're not talking about affidavits alleging fraud, what are we talking about?
edit on 4-12-2020 by johnnylaw16 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2020 @ 12:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: links234
a reply to: blueman12

Timeline of the 'Trump will win' arguments:

- Trump will win.
- Trump will win when all the votes are counted.
- Trump will win when the votes are certified.
- Trump will win when the electoral college votes.
- Trump will win when the SCOTUS rules that he won.

Mixed in between each argument is the 'legal votes' argument. However, all of the 'illegal' votes are for Biden, as if Trump supporters are incapable of cheating or, simply, no one believes that anyone voted for Biden.

SCOTUS jumped my timeline!

Next it's going to be "the electoral college vote on Monday will save Trump!"

It's all talk of 'secession' and 'fighting' because, OMG, one of the most unpopular president's in modern American history lost the election. People have wrapped themselves up so tightly in their Trump flags that they can't possibly envision a scenario where he'd lose the election.

I swear, the American conservative has become the most susceptible population to propaganda in history, where their only source of truth is Trump. It's no wonder other Americans call his supporters cultists.

posted on Dec, 14 2020 @ 09:04 PM
link   
a reply to: links234

Updated goal post movement/timeline:

- Trump will win.
- Trump will win when all the votes are counted.
- Trump will win when the votes are certified.
- Trump will win when the SCOTUS rules that he won.
- Trump will win when the electoral college votes.
- Trump will win when Congress certifies electoral college votes.

posted on Dec, 14 2020 @ 09:09 PM
link   
The case that is the topic here has been dismissed (again) by the presiding judge.

A federal judge appointed by President Donald Trump threw out a lawsuit filed by his campaign in Wisconsin that sought to overturn President-elect Joe Biden’s election victory in the battleground state.

The suit against Wisconsin Governor Tony Evers and other state officials was dismissed with prejudice on Saturday by U.S. District Judge Brett Ludwig, who heard arguments Thursday from Trump campaign attorneys claiming the state’s mail-in voting procedures during the coronavirus pandemic were put in place illegally.

The president “has not proved that defendants violated his rights under the Electors Clause. To the contrary, the record shows Wisconsin’s Presidential Electors are being determined in the very manner directed by the Legislature, as required by Article II, Section 1 of the Constitution,” wrote Ludwig, who took up his current post in September.

The judge said Trump’s argument that disagreements over the conduct of an election by state officials created a federal claim is contrary to the Constitution and “common sense.”

Another Trump appointed judge.

Source: Bloomberg

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join