It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The First and the Last; The Alpha and the Omega.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2020 @ 06:04 PM
link   
Adam was the First Man.

He was with God before 'Mankind' had been birthed.

Much has been lost of our history since that Day.

One man once claimed to be "The First and the Last; The Alpha and the Omega."

He was the First to Know Himself, and to remember his Origin.

What Glory he must've witnessed! Praise Be, Truly!

He was most blessed, for He knew God; He saw through God's Eyes, and felt as He feels, saw as He saw, and loved as He loves.

With this knowledge, He made a choice. To share his Word, this our Father's own, to our Brethren, in hopes that One Day we would Know, if we so will it.

It was always clear to me through His words, that He saw us truly as equals.

All that which he accomplished, we too are capable of.

But He was the First to Know, among our kind.

And He will be the Last to walk passed the Gates; as a good Shepard watching over his flock, leaving none behind.

And so he is the First and the Last. The beginning and the end. The alpha and the omega.

Do you see the beauty within all this?

We All make up the entirety of what lies between.

We are Mankind, and we each too shall Know Ourselves if we so will it.

I await this blessed Day with glee; the day where each and every One sees themselves and God in every other One's eyes, and marvel at the beauty, and the simplicity yet infinite depth of it all.

What a woefully wonderous thing Life is!

posted on Dec, 2 2020 @ 06:10 PM
link   
The ancient of days is truly a masterpiece.
His power and glory shine forth throughout the whole of creation!
Remember. Remember.
a reply to: iammrhappy86

posted on Dec, 2 2020 @ 08:51 PM
link   
Ya know, it wasn’t too long ago that I would have attacked both of you for your beliefs, as your zealotry seems to run deep.

But you know what, I’m somewhat jealous of your happiness. I still view the machinations behind organized religion as being shady as fu(k - but that’s just it, it’s my lens, just as you two have your own. The only difference is you both found peace within, while I’m still searching for it. So, I’m in no position to throw shade.

Isn’t it nice when you become your own therapist, as the intervention will cost nothing?

Cheers...

posted on Dec, 2 2020 @ 09:33 PM
link   
2 Timothy 4
1 I charge thee therefore before God, and the Lord Jesus Christ, who shall judge the quick and the dead at his appearing and his kingdom;
2 Preach the word; be instant in season, out of season; reprove, rebuke, exhort with all longsuffering and doctrine.
3 For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears;
4 And they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables.
edit on 12/2/2020 by japhrimu because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2020 @ 09:38 AM
link   
a reply to: BestinShow

This is what i've said for ages. While i think religion is morose, and a crutch for weakness (in general) the last thing I would want to do is take away the peace it brings its followers.

My dad and my moms dad (my grandfather) both died from cancer about 2 months apart. It broke my mom. She has always been faithful....but she went hard on faith. Joined a 7th Day Adventist church (local church in our old town that was mostly Kenyans...but my friend from Nigeria also went there). They ran her off when she had cancer and was unable to really go to service, so they'd show up at her house and "check up on her". It was essentially harassment.

Now, 20 years later, she's not nearly as faithful. She's faithful to the God, not the church. While im to blame for that (we talk, and she is heavily influenced by my viewpoints), the last thing I would ever want to do is be the cause of her losing the peace she found in faith.

Let people have their faith. It doesn't hurt anyone. And helpls them.

posted on Dec, 4 2020 @ 09:47 AM
link   
It makes me emotional when I see the plan laid out for me and all of humankind. Stay hopeful and know we are beloved children of the Most High Being in the Universe.

posted on Dec, 4 2020 @ 10:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: iammrhappy86
Adam was the First Man.

He was with God before 'Mankind' had been birthed.

Much has been lost of our history since that Day.

He was the First to Know Himself, and to remember his Origin.

What Glory he must've witnessed! Praise Be, Truly!

He was most blessed, for He knew God; He saw through God's Eyes, and felt as He feels, saw as He saw, and loved as He loves.

With this knowledge, He made a choice. To share his Word, this our Father's own, to our Brethren, in hopes that One Day we would Know, if we so will it.

It was always clear to me through His words, that He saw us truly as equals.

All that which he accomplished, we too are capable of.

But He was the First to Know, among our kind.

And He will be the Last to walk passed the Gates; as a good Shepard watching over his flock, leaving none behind.

And so he is the First and the Last. The beginning and the end. The alpha and the omega.

Do you see the beauty within all this?

We All make up the entirety of what lies between.

We are Mankind, and we each too shall Know Ourselves if we so will it.

I await this blessed Day with glee; the day where each and every One sees themselves and God in every other One's eyes, and marvel at the beauty, and the simplicity yet infinite depth of it all.

What a woefully wonderous thing Life is!

Gnosticism at it's finest

edit on 4-12-2020 by DustybudzZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2020 @ 10:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: BestinShow
Ya know, it wasn’t too long ago that I would have attacked both of you for your beliefs, as your zealotry seems to run deep.

But you know what, I’m somewhat jealous of your happiness. I still view the machinations behind organized religion as being shady as fu(k - but that’s just it, it’s my lens, just as you two have your own. The only difference is you both found peace within, while I’m still searching for it. So, I’m in no position to throw shade.

Isn’t it nice when you become your own therapist, as the intervention will cost nothing?

Cheers...

Just know that (organized religion) is man made, not the gospel and has nothing to do with real spirituality and truly having a real relationship with our Father the one who created all things for him, through him JESUS CHRIST our LORD & SAVIOR

I think to many people confuse "organized religion" with real Spirituality and truly worshiping GOD through
Spirit & Truth & Love

Most don't even realize the real church is not in buildings and that we are GOD'S temple he wants to dwell in us and the true church is the body of Christ which is all of his chosen elect people

Jesus said in John 4: 23-24
23. But the time is coming—indeed it’s here now—when true worshipers will worship the Father in spirit and in truth. The Father is looking for those who will worship him that way.
24. For God is Spirit, so those who worship him must worship in spirit and in truth.”

You can never find true peace within
without our Lord & Savior Jesus Christ & Love.
because true peace, happiness & fulfillment comes only from the one and only Truth which sets you free and Truth has a name his name is JESUS CHRIST

Who the son sets free is free indeed

posted on Dec, 4 2020 @ 10:51 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

I will agree organized religion, certain ministries/congregations & certain pastors can be toxic/corrupt & can give
true Christians, spirituality & worship a bad reputation.
Because there is snakes in every garden.
But we can't let that dictate our whole understanding and perspective of
Worshipping GOD and true spirituality
And our need for a savior in
Jesus Christ

While i think religion is morose, and a crutch for weakness

This could not be farther from the truth
For true Christians
It brings us joy, true peace, purpose & fulfillment
And all and I do mean everyone are weak, broken, sinners by human nature
we can't do anything without GOD even if you don't acknowledge GOD and don't perceive it that way it doesn't make it not true
who created you? Who allows you to gain wealth, success, strength, good health, happiness,
no one is good, nothing is new & everything under the sun is meaningless without GOD we all need a savior so in my weakness I am made stronger

2 Corinthians 12: 9-10 says

9. Each time he said, “My grace is all you need. My power works best in weakness.”
So now I am glad to boast about my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ can work through me. 10. That’s why I take pleasure in my weaknesses, and in the insults, hardships, persecutions, and troubles that I suffer for Christ. For when I am weak, then I am strong.

Read this until you understand it

1 Corinthians 1:18-31
The message of the cross is foolish to those who are headed for destruction! But we who are being saved know it is the very power of God. As the Scriptures say, “I will destroy the wisdom of the wise and discard the intelligence of the intelligent.” So where does this leave the philosophers, the scholars, and the world’s brilliant debaters? God has made the wisdom of this world look foolish. Since God in his wisdom saw to it that the world would never know him through human wisdom, he has used our foolish preaching to save those who believe. It is foolish to the Jews, who ask for signs from heaven. And it is foolish to the Greeks, who seek human wisdom. So when we preach that Christ was crucified, the Jews are offended and the Gentiles say it’s all nonsense. But to those called by God to salvation, both Jews and Gentiles, Christ is the power of God and the wisdom of God. This foolish plan of God is wiser than the wisest of human plans, and God’s weakness is stronger than the greatest of human strength. Remember, dear brothers and sisters, that few of you were wise in the world’s eyes or powerful or wealthy when God called you. Instead, God chose things the world considers foolish in order to shame those who think they are wise. And he chose things that are powerless to shame those who are powerful. God chose things despised by the world, things counted as nothing at all, and used them to bring to nothing what the world considers important. As a result, no one can ever boast in the presence of God. God has united you with Christ Jesus. For our benefit God made him to be wisdom itself. Christ made us right with God; he made us pure and holy, and he freed us from sin. Therefore, as the Scriptures say, “If you want to boast, boast only about the LORD.”
edit on 4-12-2020 by DustybudzZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2020 @ 10:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: japhrimu
2 Timothy 4
1 I charge thee therefore before God, and the Lord Jesus Christ, who shall judge the quick and the dead at his appearing and his kingdom;
2 Preach the word; be instant in season, out of season; reprove, rebuke, exhort with all longsuffering and doctrine.
3 For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears;
4 And they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables.

Amen!!!

posted on Dec, 4 2020 @ 11:57 PM
link   
Nobody would argue God bringing comfort is a bad thing.

posted on Dec, 5 2020 @ 09:23 AM
link   
a reply to: DustybudzZ

as I mentioned...no desire to argue with people to try to deter their faith.

posted on Dec, 5 2020 @ 11:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan
a reply to: DustybudzZ

as I mentioned...no desire to argue with people to try to deter their faith.

You can't do that anyway...
You may like to think you hold that power to influence someone's faith.

But faith is a gift from GOD...

See true believers are chosen by GOD before the foundations of the earth

So if someone is a nonbeliever and GOD never opens there heart and they never come to Christ & believe in there lifetime...

Then they simply just where not chosen by GOD in the first place and they are destined for destruction

We don't chose GOD
GOD chooses us

posted on Dec, 19 2020 @ 09:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: iammrhappy86

top topics

join