It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Donald Trump confirms plan to run for presidency in 2024

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2020 @ 01:46 PM
link   
Here we are folks, the cat is out of the bag. Some of us called it a while back and just like clockwork, the ol' rascal confirms it for us:

Donald Trump has confirmed that he plans to run for president again in 2024.

His comments came at the White House Christmas party on Tuesday, as he told the crowd: “I’ll see you in four years.”

“It’s been an amazing four years. We are trying to do another four years. Otherwise, I’ll see you in four years,” Mr Trump told the crowd, made up of members mostly from the Republican National Committee.

Video at the Tuesday event was live streamed by former Oklahoma Republican Party Chair Pam Pollard, the Associated Press reported.

Source

This news seems circulating on a few outlets at this moment, including foreign ones. I anticipate it hitting the MSM soon enough. As to what ol' Trumpleskin has up his sleeve for the next 2 years, I won't predict too much. He's a slippery fella. Rumors are circulating as to what he'd pull in the coming weeks. Video footage of this even seems to be hard to come by as well but we have some footage starting to leak out:

According to three people familiar with the conversations, the president, who refuses to acknowledge he lost the 2020 election as he clearly did, has not just talked to close advisers and confidants about a potential 2024 run to reclaim the White House but about the specifics of a campaign launch. The conversations have explored, among other things, how Trump could best time his announcement so as to keep the Republican Party behind him for the next four years. Two of these knowledgeable sources said the president has, in the past two weeks, even floated the idea of doing a 2024-related event during Biden’s inauguration week, possibly on Inauguration Day,

Source

The president and some of his closest associates have already started surveying prominent donors to get a sense of who would be with him, or perhaps against him, if he chose to run in the 2024. I only have to wonder what this will mean for the GOP and their younger prospects for the presidency. Poor ol' Ted Cruz and co. may have to wait a little while longer before running again.

Fun times ahead for the next 4 years. The party ain't over folks, not by a longshot.

+11 more 
posted on Dec, 2 2020 @ 01:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Southern Guardian

Hold on a second.

How can he run in 2024 if he didn't lose this time?

posted on Dec, 2 2020 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Can convicted felons run for President?

I'll ask the AG for the State of New York.

posted on Dec, 2 2020 @ 01:50 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

The 22nd Amendment specifically states that no president shall serve more than two terms. It does not specify whether those terms have to be consecutive!

Section 1. No person shall be elected to the office of the President more than twice, and no person who has held the office of President, or acted as President, for more than two years of a term to which some other person was elected President shall be elected to the office of the President more than once. But this Article shall not apply to any person holding the office of President when this Article was proposed by the Congress, and shall not prevent any person who may be holding the office of President, or acting as President, during the term within which this Article becomes operative from holding the office of President or acting as President during the remainder of such term.

Source

And we do have an actual example of a president that served two non-consecutive terms:

Stephen Grover Cleveland (March 18, 1837 – June 24, 1908) was an American politician and lawyer who was the 22nd and 24th president of the United States, the only president in American history to serve two non-consecutive terms in office (1885–1889 and 1893–1897). He won the popular vote for three presidential elections—in 1884, 1888, and 1892—and was one of two Democrats (with Woodrow Wilson) to be elected president during the era of Republican political domination dating from 1861 to 1933.

Source

So, there's nothing clear that I could see stopping Trump from trying again. He's 74 now, and he'll be 78 years old in 2024, same as Biden, so yea, nothing stopping him.

posted on Dec, 2 2020 @ 01:50 PM
link   

LOL, read my post again.

posted on Dec, 2 2020 @ 01:51 PM
link   

8D Chess, you commies just don't get it!

posted on Dec, 2 2020 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Oh god I jumped the gun LOL

Got me Augustus.

No, of course not.

posted on Dec, 2 2020 @ 01:52 PM
link   
a reply to: valiant

Us commies get it, we get it all, especially if it's someone else's.

posted on Dec, 2 2020 @ 01:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

If he pardons himself then I guess he'll be free?

posted on Dec, 2 2020 @ 01:53 PM
link   

“I’ll see you in four years.”

In other words "I'll be back"

posted on Dec, 2 2020 @ 01:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Southern Guardian

If he pardons himself then I guess he'll be free?

The President cannot pardon himself from State crimes only Federal.

Actually a felon CAN run for President. I think it might be complicated if Trump is sitting in a jail cell.

posted on Dec, 2 2020 @ 01:55 PM
link   
The only "commies" are the ones desperately trying to overthrow the COTUS and the rule of law.

posted on Dec, 2 2020 @ 01:56 PM
link   

My house is your house and your house is mine .... wait

posted on Dec, 2 2020 @ 01:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: valiant
My house is your house and your house is mine .... wait

Thanks, I'm a leave the seat up and then toss the toothpaste cap in the bowl kinda guy.

posted on Dec, 2 2020 @ 01:59 PM
link   
I can't wait till the big bad scary covid plague kills you all.

posted on Dec, 2 2020 @ 02:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

Hold on a second.

How can he run in 2024 if he didn't lose this time?

Shhh..they will stop donating!

How old will this clown be by then, 78

posted on Dec, 2 2020 @ 02:03 PM
link   

I think it might be complicated if Trump is sitting in a jail cell.

Not if he resigns and gets President Pence to pardon him.

posted on Dec, 2 2020 @ 02:03 PM
link   

I will say this, he sure has a lot of energy for an old guy!

posted on Dec, 2 2020 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Am British, no idea what toothpaste is ...

*Smiles*

posted on Dec, 2 2020 @ 02:06 PM
link   
If Biden dies before the EC and Trump does not concede , Trump wins. If Biden dies from a blood clot from his accident with the dog, then the Dems will try to impeach Trump for bribing Biden's dog to hurt him. After the electoral college gets their vote in, the House decides who the president will be to be inaugurated if the president elect dies, the VP does not automatically take over until after the inauguration occurs. So, the house can put anyone in office if Biden dies between the inauguration and the EC vote.

Trump conceding would be stupid, Biden could have a stroke or heart attack and die. Same if Trump would have won, Biden would never have conceded. It wouldn't matter if it was a landslide, the EC cannot certify a dead president, and the vice president is not who most voters voted for.

That is the legal interpretation I read of the laws anyway. Trump will not concede.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join