It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump says he’ll veto defense bill unless Section 230 is terminated

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2020 @ 06:40 PM
link   
Delist chinese companies yea
Control those idiot big tech forumns.

Can't ask for more from a President.

a reply to: Snarl

posted on Dec, 2 2020 @ 07:19 PM
link   
not sure deleted is needed but it certainly needs a re-write big tech just played a signifigant part in swaying an election, it no longer represents the reality of big tech in the world and desperatly needs an update.

posted on Dec, 2 2020 @ 07:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

originally posted by: Necrobile
a reply to: Klassified

Y'know, # it. I'm very anti-censorship but I do tire of this blatant manipulative censorship that we've seen over the last 10 years or so, so either let anything and everything be said(like I feel it should be), or just flat out censor it all. At least then we'd have "balance", so to speak.

Man, I do miss the days when people could just speak freely. So many people fought hard to break the walls of censorship throughout the years, all to reach a point where many people on one political spectrum want anything that offends to be removed. How far we've fallen.

Personally I'd rather be offended by something someone says/does than nobody being able to speak at all, but these companies have abused this protection for far too long.

99% of the "censorship" most people endure is enforced through social pressure. The big difference to how it "used to be" and now is the fortitude of peoples spines.

That's no longer the case. Nowdays you get shadow banned when you have the pair of balls to speak out and frankly you don't even need to have it because no one will see your posts after said ban (unless they will really bother to stalk your page).

posted on Dec, 2 2020 @ 08:26 PM
link   
Section 230 shouldn't be abolished. It should be stripped from Twitter, Google, Facebook and Reddit, unless all four platforms stop censoring and manipulating algorithms.

posted on Dec, 2 2020 @ 08:36 PM
link   
I hope Trump gets his wish with this. Jack Dorsey deserves a nice big bowl of eat sh*"T because of what he has done. Poetic justice for once would be nice to see.

posted on Dec, 4 2020 @ 06:52 AM
link   

It really annoys me when politician add unrelated riders to bills, or make them dependant on things that are completely unrelated.

Trump also fails to understand that without 230 immunity tech companies will be overly cautious and will censor a lot more.

What we need is a bill enforcing neutrality.

posted on Dec, 4 2020 @ 07:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: AaarghZombies

It really annoys me when politician add unrelated riders to bills, or make them dependant on things that are completely unrelated.

Trump also fails to understand that without 230 immunity tech companies will be overly cautious and will censor a lot more.

What we need is a bill enforcing neutrality.

I think at this point, whatever is done with section 230 is going to have fallout.If it's done away with, social media censors heavily and their monopoly turns to dust, which could be both good and bad. If we enforce it and withdraw protections from them because they are acting as publishers, the same thing happens. If we try to enforce "neutrality", we have a problem with it becoming arbitrary. Who decides what is neutral?

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join