It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK first in the world to have a vaccine for Covid19

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2020 @ 06:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: surfer_soul
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

Why does it usually take 5-10 years to develop a new vaccine safely? Why are the vaccine makers except from liability of any damage caused by the vaccine?

You ask two very good questions the first part I think is easy enough to answer; as I said in my OP the level of investment into these vaccines has been immense. Some of the best bio-medical minds have came together and been given unlimited funding to create this thing that's why they have done it so quickly because usually they are not so well funded and its not often that they work collaboratively. We have also seen governments around the world make it easier to push this through, working to reduce bureaucracy making it easier to get the approval quicker.

I actually think this is the best thing about Covid, countries around the world have seen how hard a nasty little vaccine can hit them economically therefore I believe in the future we can expect higher levels of research into vaccines and infectious diseases surveillance so that in the future when we get hit again, possibly by a much deadlier virus we should be better prepared.

Now as for the second part of your question regarding vaccine makers being exempt from liability of damage caused by the vaccine I am not aware of such an arrangement existing within the UK so I can't comment, perhaps if you link to it I would be able to give you my thoughts.

posted on Dec, 2 2020 @ 06:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: Catch_a_Fire
What is the stance on this, is it mandatory?, or are we given a choice without government pushed consequence.

I personally dont want it, I dont have any trust for any government agenda right now.

A year from now we'll all have to present covid certificates to enter buildings or certain areas, no more holidays abroad for those not vaccinated.

Covid ghetto's will start to pop up for those of the same mind. I dont like it .... dont like it one bit.

It's not going to be mandatory because the UK has no legal frame to make it so, and the ruling party in the UK is one that has always opposed mandatory anything in this field, they are the party of personal responsibility, its the opposition who support mandatory vaccination.

posted on Dec, 2 2020 @ 06:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Kenzo

Seriously, there is zero need for covid vaccine....so avoid all forms of vaccines.

The more than 1.5 Million families of those who have died as a result of this virus am sure would disagree...

edit on 2-12-2020 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2020 @ 06:46 AM
link   
The uk is a small country with a large state health care sector. The government directly commissioned a vaccine, controls the regulatory agency that will be approving it, and owns the distribution network that will be administering it.

The simple answer is that the uk has a very streamlined system that's good at handling this kind of thing, while China is a mire of beaurocracy.

posted on Dec, 2 2020 @ 07:09 AM
link   
a reply to: AaarghZombies

Well, I actually thought similar to yourself, but if they dont get the numbers they want to agree to taking the vaccine, then I wonder if restrictions on travel and retail and such things will almost force us to take it...... even if just to lead a normal life. Imagine not being able to go and watch your team play because your not vaccinated, or you cant get into concerts/festivals because of the same reason.

There are certain human rights they obviously cant (in plain view) mess with, but I'm sure they're gonna make it difficult to escape the vax.

It could go so many ways and its escaping anyone on the news to ask these questions..... apparently.

posted on Dec, 2 2020 @ 07:14 AM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

Brussels vaccine makers will be indemnified in Europe for covid19 vaccine

link

There are other links, but I’m only able to post one at a time or I lose my post for some reason. GlaxoSmithKline’s swine flu vaccine caused brain damage in some people apparently and is paying 60 million in damages...

Just search in DuckDuckGo “vaccine makers seek indemnity in the U.K.” and you should find the same results I did.

posted on Dec, 2 2020 @ 07:18 AM
link   
Just heard the news about how it rolls out here in Michigan...medical first responders and elderly in nursing homes will be first, within a 3 week period.
Imagine the health system stretched to a breaking point now (at least that is the story) and then factor in some pretty nasty side-effects from the vaccine (week-long headaches and body pain is being reported, perhaps worse?)
...yeah, give all medical staff the vaccine all at once, great idea.

posted on Dec, 2 2020 @ 07:23 AM
link   
a reply to: sunkuong

Aaaaarg you are right . I do not consent being a guinea pig. Where i can complain about this....there is no ministry of guinea pigs ...

posted on Dec, 2 2020 @ 07:40 AM
link   
a reply to: fernalley

My thoughts exactly!

Rainbows
Jane

posted on Dec, 2 2020 @ 07:54 AM
link   
The vaccine in UK is being rolled out as from Monday 7th.
Here we have the Welsh Government going to be rolling 'Vaccination ID' cards.....

Wales Vax ID Card

posted on Dec, 2 2020 @ 08:07 AM
link   
Not that I trust the guy but didn't Hancock rule out introducing vaccination requirements in England earlier this week? Pubs have said they may refuse people who don't have one said they're not going to introduce such laws, measures or restrictions.

originally posted by: AaarghZombies
The uk is a small country with a large state health care sector. The government directly commissioned a vaccine, controls the regulatory agency that will be approving it, and owns the distribution network that will be administering it.

The simple answer is that the uk has a very streamlined system that's good at handling this kind of thing, while China is a mire of beaurocracy.

Yup MHRA were prepared and ready by July so have been able to deal with data proactively as it came in, on top of that we've also had most Universities, proffesors, PHD students and technicians and the like on top of MHRA dedicating themselves to studying the vaccines being developed.

China does have a vaccine made by Chinese company CanSino biologics and Chinese military, which was the first to be developed, but has stalled massively in Phase II and III trials and is so far only approved for use on the millitary.

The UK's own Oxford vaccine still has a long way to go, they're not up to the stage of trialing it on people in the at risk groups (family member recently applied to trial it but was told they couldn't due to immuno-comprimising condition) who are the people who need it most.

This Pfizer one has been trialled and shown to be safe for even those at high risk but personally I'm going to wait at least a year before considering having one to see which is safest, most effective and more data on any longer term effects.
edit on 2-12-2020 by bastion because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2020 @ 08:10 AM
link   
I'm confused. Article makes it sound like UK created and rolled out a vaccine. But they are only approving use of the one Pfizer (NY, USA) created.

posted on Dec, 2 2020 @ 08:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: jjkenobi
I'm confused. Article makes it sound like UK created and rolled out a vaccine. But they are only approving use of the one Pfizer (NY, USA) created.

Oxford is not quite ready yet but the U.K. government bought 100 million doses if the Pfizer vaccine and I believe will manufacture it in the U.K.

CORRECTION: Just to clear up I made a mistake its 40 Million of Pfizer and 100 Million of Oxford.

edit on 2-12-2020 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2020 @ 08:44 AM
link   
a reply to: jjkenobi

Pfizer may be an American company in name but in reality is a MNC. The doses coming to Britain have been produced in it's Belgium plant and the vaccine itself has been developed with BioNTech, a German company.

posted on Dec, 2 2020 @ 08:50 AM
link   
a reply to: carsforkids

that vaccine is known as a guillotine

posted on Dec, 2 2020 @ 08:59 AM
link   
a reply to: jjkenobi

Pfizer layed off its British workforce years ago now we gonna buy off em making it overseaswhen they sold our workers out? There's something not quitre right about it

posted on Dec, 2 2020 @ 09:00 AM
link   
Not mandatory but how long before the supplied vaccination card becomes a requirement for travel/entertainment and other services ??

www.walesonline.co.uk...

"People in Wales will get an ID-size card to show they've had the coronavirus vaccine
The card will show which coronavirus vaccine people have received, when they had it and allow them to report side effects."

Stealth tactics but an un-elected tyrant @you D1ckford!

posted on Dec, 2 2020 @ 10:16 AM
link   
Here is some extra information , creepy i would say .

Dr. Wodarg and Dr. Yeadon request a stop of all corona vaccination studies and call for co-signing the petition

----------------------------------

Dr. Wodarg and Dr. Yeadon Request a Stop of ALL Corona Vaccination Studies, Call to SIGN THE PETITION

Did i say creepy allready ? Jeeez...
edit on 2-12-2020 by Kenzo because: (no reason given)

edit on 2-12-2020 by Kenzo because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2020 @ 10:33 AM
link   
a reply to: Catch_a_Fire

I'm sure there's going to be a great new black market for doctor's notes saying you've been vaccinated. A couple hundred bucks, the right doc, no problem. I mean, it's how the medical cannabis licenses used to work here. Man there's a lot of young people here with insomnia and nausea.

posted on Dec, 2 2020 @ 10:42 AM
link   
this whole thing is just so high risk .
' our teck may not be up to the task i my self wont be in the front of any vax line But like most here figer Government wont be making laws to be vaxed BUT making tax incentives for Business to ONLY hire vaxed people .

Along with need a vax to enter any government building or receive any government Funds of any kind like SSI .

No laws just using money as the way to gain people acceptance of being vaxed .

If you go to work in the morning and your boss says you must be vaxed to keep working will you then quite your job ?
if you do will you then refuse every job that requires a vax to work ?

I am not anti vax But this virus has no ending ever it will just keep changing and people will just keep getting sick it is the new call it super flue .

we Humans will live and die with it the virus is not going anywhere it will just be 100 k deaths added to the 60 k for the flues .

whats is worse the world will be on the down side LONG before every one gets vaxed so in the end a vax wont do much more then slow it down some .

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join