It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK first in the world to have a vaccine for Covid19

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2020 @ 02:48 AM
link   
So riddle me this....
UK become the "FIRST COUNTRY IN THE WORLD" to roll out a vaccine for this 'Thing'........so where's China in the middle of all this?
They don't have a vaccine. Don't you think if this Thing was so bad CCP (China) would have been the first given they have a level 4 lab in WuHan where the outbreak happened? Don't you think the Chinese would have jumped all over this given they had a 'head start' and rolled one out months ago if not to make a 'killing' financially World wide?
Well lookee here, the Chinese are currently trialling their vaccine in 14 countries, yes human trials...

"Because China has largely contained the virus, there's no urgent need to vaccinate every one of its 1.4 billion population. "That gives it this leverage ... to make deals with countries in need of the vaccines," he said."

From the article below.
Please read the following article to understand the difference in the 4 types of vaccines currently being trialled world wide. Ours is a mRNA vaccine, completely 'novel' (just like the virus. Remember when it was called Novel Coronavirus?). This is completely new type of vaccine that has not been done before which will require 1-2 doses. Whereas the Chinese are working on the traditional 'whole, killed' vaccine' which required just the one dose, a tried and more trusted method of vaccination.
The attached article is from December 2nd.
edition.cnn.com...
vaccines

Rainbows
Jane

posted on Dec, 2 2020 @ 02:53 AM
link   
a reply to: angelchemuel

FYI: Russia did it earlier in the month.

www.nature.com...

posted on Dec, 2 2020 @ 02:55 AM
link   
Indeed, Angel, this is one of the things that makes you go "Hmmmm..." I've no doubt China is waiting to see what comes of everyone else's trials before they start jabbing their own. Anyone that thinks a regime that's been losing it's Iron Fist grip on the population would do anything other than wait & see, must be in the market for my ultra-cheap prime waterfront property on Mercury's sun-side.

posted on Dec, 2 2020 @ 02:59 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

This is what the UK are claiming, that the UK is the first in the world to roll out a vaccine to their population.
IIRC Russia is still trialling. Putin's daughter who allegedly had the vaccine was part of trials.

UK First to roll out vaccine

Rainbows
Jane

posted on Dec, 2 2020 @ 03:06 AM
link   
Conspiracy theory. The vaccine was meant for Biddens election?

posted on Dec, 2 2020 @ 03:15 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Dec, 2 2020 @ 03:53 AM
link   
Didn't you all read the memo......operation Juniper.....the zombie apocalypse

Seriously, there is zero need for covid vaccine....so avoid all forms of vaccines.

We are not guinea pigs either.

posted on Dec, 2 2020 @ 04:13 AM
link   
Just as an adjunct to this post. The flu vaccine has been available since the '30's. It's not truly a vaccine as they have to give it to you every year based on the previous years flu DNA sequencing.
So the flu vaccine was first trialled in US on their military. Over the decades there has been a drop in the uptake of the flu 'vaccine'. Pharma has been losing income.....so of course they need a new yearly 'vaccine', I'm assuming it will be early as there are at least 5 different strains of Covid19 here in the UK, as they need to generate more income for loss of income from flu 'vaccine'. I want to make it clear I am not an anti-vaxxer, I am a pro-safety vaxxer.

Rainbows
Jane

posted on Dec, 2 2020 @ 04:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kenzo

Didn't you all read the memo......operation Juniper.....the zombie apocalypse

Seriously, there is zero need for covid vaccine....so avoid all forms of vaccines.

We are not guinea pigs either.

i also feel this way as well

if the survival (unless specific medical compromise) of 99.8 to 99.9 (given all the testing done and available) ill take my chances like I do with the influenza flu every year .
especially given the speed of the development ..

common from concept to approval in less than a few months and we reasonably should expect LONG TERM safety (much less effectiveness) .

scrounger

posted on Dec, 2 2020 @ 04:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: angelchemuel
Just as an adjunct to this post. The flu vaccine has been available since the '30's. It's not truly a vaccine as they have to give it to you every year based on the previous years flu DNA sequencing.
So the flu vaccine was first trialled in US on their military. Over the decades there has been a drop in the uptake of the flu 'vaccine'. Pharma has been losing income.....so of course they need a new yearly 'vaccine', I'm assuming it will be early as there are at least 5 different strains of Covid19 here in the UK, as they need to generate more income for loss of income from flu 'vaccine'. I want to make it clear I am not an anti-vaxxer, I am a pro-safety vaxxer.

Rainbows
Jane

exactly...

we are "told" we need to get the "safe" flu vaccine every year with a success rate well below 50 percent and many years they GUESSED WRONG.

Hell now its been pre suggested its only good for 8 months and we will be REQUIRED to get it every year..

with the added crap cherry on the quano cake masks will have to stay for years to come they now claiming

along with not so veiled hints the other "safety measures" like no large crowds, social distancing, and school remote learning.

scrounger

edit on 2-12-2020 by scrounger because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2020 @ 05:01 AM
link   
The UK has hired Genpact for an AI tool to monitor vaccine side effects

the UK prepares for a widespread inoculation programme of monumental scale in the months ahead, the need for an effective and powerful tool to process a large number of reports is critical in managing the high volume of reports.

Nothing like the general population to be part of the trials.

posted on Dec, 2 2020 @ 05:12 AM
link   
What is the stance on this, is it mandatory?, or are we given a choice without government pushed consequence.

I personally dont want it, I dont have any trust for any government agenda right now.

A year from now we'll all have to present covid certificates to enter buildings or certain areas, no more holidays abroad for those not vaccinated.

Covid ghetto's will start to pop up for those of the same mind. I dont like it .... dont like it one bit.

posted on Dec, 2 2020 @ 05:21 AM
link   
a reply to: Kenzo

I hate to break it to you...

But we are all guinea pigs.

Some just don't like it. Neither do actual guinea pigs.

posted on Dec, 2 2020 @ 05:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: Catch_a_Fire
What is the stance on this, is it mandatory?, or are we given a choice without government pushed consequence.

I personally dont want it, I dont have any trust for any government agenda right now.

A year from now we'll all have to present covid certificates to enter buildings or certain areas, no more holidays abroad for those not vaccinated.

Covid ghetto's will start to pop up for those of the same mind. I dont like it .... dont like it one bit.

sadly that is a real threat/possibility.

how many tyrannies were started by "this is for your/greater good"?

btw V for vendetta (and 1984 ) was A WARNING, NOT A HOW TO GUIDE

scrounger

posted on Dec, 2 2020 @ 05:30 AM
link   
Its an interesting question isn't is, why is the UK first?

As others have pointed out though other countries have done some mass trials, China has actually distributed one million vaccines as part of a trail. Indeed lots of other countries are not far behind the UK in granting approval for rolling out the vaccines to their populations.

I think a few things have contributed to the UK being the first.

The UK does quite a bit of research in the field of biomedicine anyway, its home, or was home to the European Medicines Agency and has several world class research universities in the right position to have quickly started vaccine research. I am not saying that other countries don't have this am just pointing out that the UK was in a pretty good spot at the start. This was only helped by massive government investment that that massively accelerated all of this research. For example they gave 100 Million to help fund vaccine research.

Not only did they do that but the UK government also bought up loads of vaccines, Securing up to 200 Million doeses of various vaccines to ensure the earliest possible roll out. The UK also established a Vaccine Task Force to push out the vaccine as quickly and safely as possible and set up the UK as a world leader in this endeavour. The Government has even entered into agreements with at least two manufacturing plants to be repurposed to manufacture the vaccines in the UK again at a substantial cost to the UK Taxpayer.

So the UK government invested massively in vaccine research and buying up the vaccines early, launched a pretty impressive vaccine Taskforce and in the space of a few months has created a manufacturing infrastructure for the vaccine. I would actually argue that the UK has placed all its eggs in the vaccine basket, we are still effectively in lockdown but a rapid roll out of the vaccine, could see the UK back to normal by Easter at a time when lots of other countries are still going to be in the midst of their second peak.

I would expect that this is why the Medicines and Healthcare Products Regulatory Agency has been able to approve the vaccine for use so quickly after all the trial data has been submitted for approval. It's not so much that they have changed the system I think it's just that with all of this support and funding to find a vaccine it has massively accelerated a process that would normally take years. You can bet that everyone who works for them has shelved everything else they where working on for the last fortnight to get this approved as quickly as possible.

The next question then is how can the UK expect to do this so quickly, the answer is simply because of the NHS, it gives us a slight edge I would argue and the COVID vaccination program is going to be like the regular winter flu vaccination program on steroids. We also have the advantage of being a reasonably small country geographically which will make the logistics of distribution much easier than say in China where you have rural area's perhaps hundreds of miles away from cities or large hospitals that have the capability to store the vaccines.

The current expectation is that by the end of this month vaccines will start to be rolled out, I believe its going to be offered to those who work in nursing homes and nursing home residents first, followed by hospital staff and the over 80's and the priorities will continue on from there until everyone who needs a vaccine will have one. I expect it will very much be the case that if you are eligible for a flu vaccine you will have a COVID vaccine by May.

The biggest barrier to all of this as I see it is going to be misinformation on social media. It's been absolutely rampant when it comes to masks for example claiming that they're going to kill you or whatever other nonsense you can come up with. There is some irony to this because I think the exact same people who have been complaining about masks and lockdowns are going to be the same ones who spread the misinformation about the vaccine that should stop all of the lockdowns and get rid of those annoying masks. I would urge people to combat this misinformation by seeking out official sources, reading good peer reviewed articles and avoid getting your information from social media (including ATS),

Anyway those are my thoughts.

edit on 2-12-2020 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2020 @ 05:36 AM
link   
The Chinese don’t seem to be as scared of the Rona.
Their kids started back to school in August. Real schools, not virtual.
Sout h China Morning Post

posted on Dec, 2 2020 @ 05:45 AM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

Why does it usually take 5-10 years to develop a new vaccine safely? Why are the vaccine makers except from liability of any damage caused by the vaccine?

posted on Dec, 2 2020 @ 05:46 AM
link   

India is actually the first ... Of the more qualified vaccines. Russia had a run for a very narrow, limited effect vaccine already.

posted on Dec, 2 2020 @ 06:21 AM
link   
Read last week Pfizer has charted cargo planes bring it into Chicago to be used the first of February 2021. About 100,000 per state. Healthcare first then state employees.

posted on Dec, 2 2020 @ 06:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: surfer_soul
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

Why does it usually take 5-10 years to develop a new vaccine safely? Why are the vaccine makers except from liability of any damage caused by the vaccine?

That's actually the easy bit to answer from all of the Covid vaccine questions. In very simple terms, vaccines are generally developed in a "normal" world scenario (no pandemic). This means that much of the development period is actually about securing funding for new stages, seeking approvals to every change, etc - basically jumping through bureaucratic hoops.

With the Covid vaccines, this wasn't necessary. Firstly, there was large scale governmental funding (from many nations too). Secondly, there were a lot of virologists and other scientists available who suddenly had little else to do, other than contribute. And finally (and perhaps most importantly), governmental needs (including states within the EU), did away with the bureaucratic red tape usually prevalent for this type of research - so what nornally takes years can instead be fast tracked through.

What does this tell us? Well definitely that scientists now what they are talking about but mainly it tells us that the bureaucracy side of things is pretty unnecessary if you actually want to get things done.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join