It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump wins Wisconsin?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2020 @ 12:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: cavesofchaos
a reply to: MotherMayEye This website has a rather large problem in that it is plagued by incorrect information such as provided in OP that is allowed to stand even after it has been proven to be false later on inside the thread. Most people barely even read past the headlines let alone whole pages of nonsense. Deny ignorance.

We read and evaluate things here, that is what we do. Yes, there are some here who jump to conclusions as you seem to do, but a bunch of us actually research and find out what is really going on. So, if we dropped the thread how would anyone know something is true or false if they destroyed the whole conversation after we figured it out. I see nothing that says the case is closed yet. Until there is an official release, it is not more than a lawsuit or hearsay.

posted on Dec, 2 2020 @ 12:59 PM
link   
a reply to: johnnylaw16

But it is. It does not matter what is certified. It is the EC vote who is appointed by the legislature in the state, not the governor. Do you want to dispute that? Take it up with the SCOTUS....

posted on Dec, 2 2020 @ 01:00 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse
This website does not echo chamber like twitter and facebook! REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

posted on Dec, 2 2020 @ 01:01 PM
link   
a reply to: tanstaafl

Sorry, I clarified in my other post. The Legislative branch assigns the electorate who votes for the next president. The Governor is part of the certification process but not the EC vote or selection.

posted on Dec, 2 2020 @ 01:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: jrod

How much you want to bet that Wisconsin's EC votes go to Biden in two weeks?

I'll bet you a bag of dog poop and if Biden wins you DM me your address to send it.

posted on Dec, 2 2020 @ 01:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: matafuchs
Sorry, I clarified in my other post. The Legislative branch assigns the electorate who votes for the next president.

Ah, you are using the wrong word.

It is 'electors', not 'electorate'. The 'electorate' refers to the general population of any given electoral jurisdiction.

posted on Dec, 2 2020 @ 01:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: tanstaafl

originally posted by: matafuchs
Sorry, I clarified in my other post. The Legislative branch assigns the electorate who votes for the next president.

Ah, you are using the wrong word.

It is 'electors', not 'electorate'. The 'electorate' refers to the general population of any given electoral jurisdiction.

Right. I think that this is part of the confusion. The other is that the electors' votes are often tied to the certification of the winner, a process that the governors play a role it.

The original question asked was whether a court could order a governor to declare someone as the winner of a state--i.e., whether a court could order the governor to certify someone the winner. My answer is it depends on what the laws of the state and federal law say with regard to certifying election results. This is different than giving the states electoral college votes to a candidate.
edit on 2-12-2020 by johnnylaw16 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2020 @ 01:40 PM
link   
I think they need to make one system that all states have to follow equally for votes for anyone going to DC. Everyone follows the same rules. I doubt if the strong left and strong right leaders of states would approve of it but everyone in the USA should be forced to follow the same rules and practices......legitimate voting practices everywhere should be mandated. The electoral colleges are necessary to keep the big population states from enslaving the rest of the nation.

posted on Dec, 2 2020 @ 02:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: johnnylaw16
The original question asked was whether a court could order a governor to declare someone as the winner of a state--i.e., whether a court could order the governor to certify someone the winner. My answer is it depends on what the laws of the state and federal law say with regard to certifying election results. This is different than giving the states electoral college votes to a candidate.

Actually, I don't see how the Governor could be ordered to do either.

Appointment of the electors is purely a legislative power.

posted on Dec, 2 2020 @ 03:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: tanstaafl

Actually, I don't see how the Governor could be ordered to do either.

Appointment of the electors is purely a legislative power.

Certification is about certifying the popular vote count of the state, that is what the electors' votes are then based upon. I am arguing that the governor plays a role is certification, not in the appointment of electors.

posted on Dec, 2 2020 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Certification is about certifying the popular vote count of the state, that is what the electors' votes are then based upon. I am arguing that the governor plays a role is certification, not in the appointment of electors.

Agreed - I was referring to the suggestion that any court could order the Governor to certify anyone or anything.

I submit to you, though, that the Legislature does have the Constitutional Power - regardless of any State Laws that delegate the power (they can reclaim it at any time, for any reason) - to refuse the popular vote and appoint their own slate of electors. If the Governor unilaterally decides to ignore the Legislature and go ahead and send the ones he certified, then Congress has to decide which ones to accept, or just reject them all.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join