It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The absolute defeat of Donald Trump

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2020 @ 06:27 PM
link   
Personal opinion:

Having watched the last four years worth of media over and over again, I feel that the treatment of the Trump presidency was not fair.

I believe there were many situations that could have been painted in the president's favour, that were in fact painted in his detriment.

This leads me to believe that, in fact, the media was not fair regarding the media treatment of the sitting President. In fact it seem as if the media was, in fact, trying to make the sitting President appear a fool.

I wonder, then, at what point is the media responsible for their actions. At what point should the media be given free reign in fact.

I don't believe that the media should be banned or curtailed in any way.

I do believe the media should be obliged to show every point of view politically.

There can be no media that deletes political points of view.

Ever again.

+9 more 
posted on Dec, 1 2020 @ 06:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Jonjonj

MSM is the 4th branch of government now. Probably has been for a while.

posted on Dec, 1 2020 @ 06:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

I would say that it needs to be changed, but it can't be can it?

+5 more 
posted on Dec, 1 2020 @ 06:38 PM
link   
The man was the primary driver of his own press, much to the dismay of his associates. He was a Twitter President. Maybe the kinds of things he said would have gone over just fine in the privacy of the White House with his closest party members. If he remembered to turn off the recordings, unlike Nixon. But the man could not keep from stepping (jumping) on his own dick.

If I was a Trump supporter, I think the person I'd be most angry at would be Trump. He had a golden opportunity to maybe actually help the people who needed him the most. Americans, mostly rural, caught in the wave of advancing technology and shifting demographics.

But he couldn't even for a moment stop and let it be about somebody besides himself.

posted on Dec, 1 2020 @ 06:40 PM
link   

At least since William Randolph Hearst egged the US into the Spanish-American War to boost sales of his own newspapers. It's an American Tradition for over a century.

EDIT: That's why we need an educated electorate. To be able to see through all the self-serving nonsense.
edit on 1-12-2020 by Blue Shift because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2020 @ 06:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jonjonj

I would say that it needs to be changed, but it can't be can it?

Only by Constitutional amendment

posted on Dec, 1 2020 @ 06:41 PM
link   
as if all the twitter Trump keeps posting do9es not make him look like a 15 year old scho9ool boy fool .
Trump may have had good ideas but he totally failed to express them in ways to gain peoples respect .
To me His biggest problem is his insistent tweeting .

Worse He cant tweet without Insulting world leaders as for his insults about people like Nancy She is just like him .
Its not all about you . A good president needs to be able to talk with world leaders like KIM with out calling them rocket man

Kim is not much more then a 3rd rate dictator BUT he is leader of a Country and we must be able to deal with country's from a point of strength .

Things the right would not understand as To you I am left commie because I expect presidents to act with dignity .

posted on Dec, 1 2020 @ 06:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blue Shift
The man was the primary driver of his own press, much to the dismay of his associates. He was a Twitter President. Maybe the kinds of things he said would have gone over just fine in the privacy of the White House with his closest party members. If he remembered to turn off the recordings, unlike Nixon. But the man could not keep from stepping (jumping) on his own dick.

If I was a Trump supporter, I think the person I'd be most angry at would be Trump. He had a golden opportunity to maybe actually help the people who needed him the most. Americans, mostly rural, caught in the wave of advancing technology and shifting demographics.

But he couldn't even for a moment stop and let it be about somebody besides himself.

It seems as if you have a definite line into the Trump Whitehouse.

Could you tell me the things that define him as a "golden opportunity loser"?

I would love to read real facts regarding his failures as a President and I demand you produce them!

posted on Dec, 1 2020 @ 06:47 PM
link   
I think the current MSM needs to be wiped clean (with a cloth). We need to start over from scratch.

Never know, it could happen.

Most of it is owned by the same corps and it looks like they may all be traitors.

posted on Dec, 1 2020 @ 06:54 PM
link   
It seems to me that since the MSM called President Trump so many bad names and accused him of doing things to subvert our nation's image, told so many lies about him, etc., if the courts decide he won the election after all, wouldn't his chief recourse be to sue them all into oblivion for slander? He would have a good case.

TCB

posted on Dec, 1 2020 @ 06:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Blue Shift

Joseph Pulitzer and his prize are awarded for the same style of yellow journalism he and Hearst engaged in. While financial rivals, they both strove to eclipse the other with outlandish stories.
edit on 1-12-2020 by Ahabstar because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2020 @ 06:57 PM
link   
MSM is not really the problem. It's that there is so many people that lack the critical thinking skills to question it. And the drive to look at facts from more than one channel. They are taught to *think* this way by our public school system. They are sheep farms.

posted on Dec, 1 2020 @ 07:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jonjonj
Could you tell me the things that define him as a "golden opportunity loser"?
I would love to read real facts regarding his failures as a President and I demand you produce them!

Ask yourself what you would do if you somehow found yourself to be President of the United States of America. Ask yourself. Imagine what you could do to help the people you care about. You don't think that would be an incredible opportunity to oh, just for example, pledge to rebuild America's infrastructure so a huge number of people who lost jobs due to dwindling production could maybe take care of their families?

But he didn't care. It was only about trolling on Twitter. Trolling his own supporters to keep them riled up and keep the focus on himself.

I'm giving you the benefit of the doubt that you're not a complete narcissist and actually care about other people. Trump did not have that quality, no matter how you look at it. And the MSM didn't take it away from him; he never had it to begin with. YOU could have been a better President! YOU!

posted on Dec, 1 2020 @ 07:04 PM
link   
The media needs to die.

I think they need to be taken out one by one.

They need to be ignored, publicly threatened, and live in perpetual fear for their lives.

That is what they have perpetuated and what they should receive in kind.

posted on Dec, 1 2020 @ 07:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: midnightstar
as if all the twitter Trump keeps posting do9es not make him look like a 15 year old scho9ool boy fool .

Trump may have had good ideas but he totally failed to express them in ways to gain peoples respect .
To me His biggest problem is his insistent tweeting .

Worse He cant tweet without Insulting world leaders as for his insults about people like Nancy She is just like him .
Its not all about you . A good president needs to be able to talk with world leaders like KIM with out calling them rocket man

Kim is not much more then a 3rd rate dictator BUT he is leader of a Country and we must be able to deal with country's from a point of strength .

Things the right would not understand as To you I am left commie because I expect presidents to act with dignity .

I don't think anyone here thinks you are a "Commie".

I doubt anyone on ATS thinks that you have the intelligence to even understand what the word means, much less the ideology behind it.

My bolding of your first line says it all.

You expect someone to act with dignity, yet you post here all the time with no respect to anyone with even a basic comprehension of the English language.

To the OP...

The enemedia are nothing but the PR arm of the Democratic party now.

They want an authoritarian government and they dearly want to be the Ministry of Truth in that scenario.

So no... they will not be held accountable and it isn't going to change.

edit on 1-12-2020 by Lumenari because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2020 @ 07:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bobaganoosh
The media needs to die.

I think they need to be taken out one by one.

They need to be ignored, publicly threatened, and live in perpetual fear for their lives.

That is what they have perpetuated and what they should receive in kind.

The interesting thing is that some people feel the same way about the right-wing media ... go figure.

posted on Dec, 1 2020 @ 07:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Lumenari

The 9 is on the “O” key when typing on an iPad. It takes zero effort to get that 9 with a very slight downward swipe while typing. One of the “features” Apple added on a software update to on screen keyboard.

Really the only way to avoid it is their $120+ physical keyboard or any compatible Bluetooth keyboard. I don’t catch mine all the time myself while typing.
edit on 1-12-2020 by Ahabstar because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2020 @ 07:31 PM
link   
They wrote an absolutely brilliant song about it...

posted on Dec, 1 2020 @ 07:35 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 1 2020 @ 07:37 PM
link   
a reply to: chr0naut
Well, I hope they don't bungle it like they did the russian collusion case. Trump did that and got away with it afterall. He is a loudnouthed moron, and also a criminal mastermind that covers his tracks so well. Both at the same time. Trump is such a paradox.

edit on Tue, 01 Dec 2020 19:38:21 -0600 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join