It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Blatant Facebook Fact Checking Nonsense

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2020 @ 05:16 PM
link   
Nowadays if something is fact checked as false, i consider it true until i investigate it myself.

In the age of lies telling the truth is an act of rebellion. No wonder the censorship is so perverse.

Orwell’s only mistake was it is not the government that controls us, but private corporate interests.
edit on 1122020 by Ohanka because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2020 @ 05:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: putnam6
So 1% of 2%...

Huh? 1% of 2% of what?

not to mention it's a little early to say never fully recover.

My sister is having a part of her brain removed next month, and the scarring in her lungs is absolutely permanent. One buddy is still going through tests to find out the extent of the damage done to his heart, and another has been diagnosed with COPD from it (which is permanent).

Less than 1% of America’s population lives in long-term care facilities, but as of November 26, 2020, this tiny fraction of the country accounts for 39% of US COVID-19 deaths.

You mean to tell me that this is more deadly for the elderly and otherwise compromised??? January wants their news back!

posted on Dec, 1 2020 @ 05:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: LordAhriman

originally posted by: HalWesten
You can't use that number because there are many people who have had the virus without symptoms. Since we don't know how many but we do know they exist, the 1.96% is still high, no rounding up allowed.

Where are the numbers that we should use?

That's my point. You and everyone else are using numbers that are not accurate. In the ballpark maybe, but not accurate and we may never know just how low they really are so people are using the inaccurate, high numbers to sustain the fear factor. It's all BS but no one will force them to admit it.

I don't know what the real numbers are, neither does anyone else including the CDC and WHO. No one.

posted on Dec, 1 2020 @ 05:24 PM
link   
a reply to: dug88

I admit, I have a Facebook account.

But it's just for Baby Yoda memes.

Going to Facebook for news is like going to a bus station bathroom for dinner.

posted on Dec, 1 2020 @ 05:38 PM
link   
All this "fact checking" is a red herring to keep people enslaved "ensheeped" 😎🚬

posted on Dec, 1 2020 @ 05:42 PM
link   
Someone should post something to their account in meme form saying “100% of you reading this will die!”

I would but I ain’t got one. Be fun to see what they say lol

posted on Dec, 1 2020 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Propaganda has a new shiny name, it's call "manufactured consent".

No joke...

posted on Dec, 1 2020 @ 06:01 PM
link   
I made a T-shirt that says INDEPENDENT FACT CHECKER. I was taking a stroll the other day and ran into guy wearing a shirt that said FAKE NEWS.
I wanted to slap him but the dude was quick and I couldn't get within 6 feet of him.

posted on Dec, 1 2020 @ 06:01 PM
link   
"Social media"

Lol

our gov and social media

posted on Dec, 1 2020 @ 06:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: HalWesten

We will never have accurate numbers, for any virus, ever. We can only work with the numbers that we have. Tests aren't 100% accurate, and not everyone gets tested. This goes for everything. I've probably had the flu 5 times in my adult life, and I've been tested once because I needed a note for work. That makes the flu statistics for those other 4 years inaccurate. We have no idea how many people currently have HIV in the country,, because a lot of homeless people never get tested. All HIV numbers are inaccurate. All we have are the numbers that we are provided. Until you provide me with a better set of numbers to go by, the calculations I provided are the most accurate that we have.

posted on Dec, 1 2020 @ 06:04 PM
link   

First statistic - 0.11495% of the world population die of hunger in a year.
2nd statistic - 0.10218% of the world population die from poverty in a year.

These first two statistics cannot be added together to increase the value, they significantly overlap each other.

Third statistic - (global deaths / global recovered) = 2.374746 % which is more than 20 times the previous percentages (I didn't use the approximate number from the graphic).

(statistics taken from: coronavirus.jhu.edu... and www.worldometers.info...)

edit on 1/12/2020 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2020 @ 06:18 PM
link   
Don’t worry, no gullible fool uses Facebook I’m sure.

posted on Dec, 1 2020 @ 06:41 PM
link   
a reply to: LordAhriman

www.bbc.co.uk...

“ Previously, people in England who died at any point following a positive test, regardless of cause, were counted in the figures.

But there will now be a cut-off of 28 days, providing a more accurate picture of the epidemic.”

It’s the same in most countries if not worse.

In the UK we were actually counting all deaths regardless of cause if you had a positive test at ANY point since March.

BS you say?

posted on Dec, 1 2020 @ 06:46 PM
link   
a reply to: LordAhriman

You’re full of it.

The fear card doesn’t work anymore, covid is a mild respiratory disease in the vast majority of cases. Actually the majority of people are completely symptom free.

Either you’re the most unlucky person in the world or making sh!t up.

posted on Dec, 1 2020 @ 07:00 PM
link   
This just in! In a new study, we found that 100% of people, die at some point in their lives.

posted on Dec, 1 2020 @ 07:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: LordAhriman

So 1% of 2%...

Huh? 1% of 2% of what?

not to mention it's a little early to say never fully recover.

My sister is having a part of her brain removed next month, and the scarring in her lungs is absolutely permanent. One buddy is still going through tests to find out the extent of the damage done to his heart, and another has been diagnosed with COPD from it (which is permanent).

Less than 1% of America’s population lives in long-term care facilities, but as of November 26, 2020, this tiny fraction of the country accounts for 39% of US COVID-19 deaths.

You mean to tell me that this is more deadly for the elderly and otherwise compromised??? January wants their news back!

Sorry about your sister and friends I really am as I have mentioned before, and sure don't want to get into specifics in what is obviously a troubling time for you.

Regardless your cases are purely anecdotal, if there were extensive cases of "permanent damage" it would be blasted across the airwaves by our esteemed MSM.

My point remains nobody says some other people don't get sick, die, or have other issues, it's just not enough to shut down the country and put people in other forms of peril because of it The quote about LTC reaffirms it is still a major concern for 1% of the population, we just can't shut down because of that one percent.

Did you see the increases in people going hungry these past 8 months it's staggering.

again truly sorry about your sister and friends...

posted on Dec, 1 2020 @ 07:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: WakeUpBeer
This just in! In a new study, we found that 100% of people, die at some point in their lives.

Challenge accepted.

posted on Dec, 1 2020 @ 07:06 PM
link   
Maybe it’s time to start slapping those same mornings on the liberal media. Just takes a little photo shopping.

posted on Dec, 1 2020 @ 07:27 PM
link   

Here we go:

And for all of the completely manipulated folks who believe the “fact checkers” and the media, i.e. those who love being terrified by the mildest common cold ever, otherwise known as Covid-19:

posted on Dec, 1 2020 @ 07:45 PM
link   

Sorry about your sister and friends I really am as I have mentioned before, and sure don't want to get into specifics in what is obviously a troubling time for you.

Regardless your cases are purely anecdotal, if there were extensive cases of "permanent damage" it would be blasted across the airwaves by our esteemed MSM.

I know what you're asking. No, they didn't have any preexisting conditions. None of them. Heart damage guy is old, but that's it. My sister is 35, and COPD guy is 50. It's not "anecdotal", it's typical experience from people I know in this area. I'm in a small county, in the middle of Missouri, and we keep breaking records because of maskless rednecks who refuse to believe epidemiologists and virologists.

Permanent damage is ABSOLUTELY something that is being talked about within the circles of people who are actually studying this outside of YouTube and infowars.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join