It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We the People are NOT We the Enemy

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+22 more 
posted on Nov, 30 2020 @ 10:29 PM
link   
As I read more and more accounts like this, how businesses are failing, I find it hard to believe that leaders are not going about this the right way.
As I pick up take out food during our second lockdown, I see more and more concern among restaurant owners. Take out will not sustain them. They still have taxes and utilities to pay.

We the People are not the Enemy.

Then I saw this article, and at first wondered where is the ACLU now that the pandemic is actually here, and people are being treated like the enemy.

Governments, Officials, Media Making People, Not Virus, The Enemy

In 2008, the American Civil Liberties Union released a report critical of plans created by the George W. Bush administration for handling a nationwide epidemic.

The ACLU emphasized 12 years ago “the disastrous consequences of public health policies built around a vision of sick people as the enemy.”

“Rather than focusing on how government can work with individuals and their communities to be healthy, public health policymakers now often emphasize the need to take tough, coercive actions against the very people they are charged to help,” the ACLU wrote in 2008. “This approach not only targets people as the enemy instead of the disease, but also encourages health officials to believe that government cannot do much to help people in an epidemic.”

“In effect, individuals are viewed as personally responsible for the spread of illness,” according to the report. “This law enforcement/national security strategy shifts the focus of preparedness from preventing and mitigating an emergency to punishing people who fail to follow orders and stay healthy.”

You'll kill grandma.
Make sure your relatives are alive next holiday season.
Turn in your neighbor.

W.T.F.
A lot of fear mongering and negative reinforcement.....shaming....pissing people off.
This is not the way to treat people or pandemics.

The report from the civil liberties group stated, “As a result, instead of helping individuals and communities through education and provision of health care, today’s pandemic prevention focuses on taking aggressive, coercive actions against those who are sick. People, rather than the disease, become the enemy.”

edit on Mon Nov 30 2020 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

+17 more 
posted on Nov, 30 2020 @ 10:35 PM
link   
a reply to: DontTreadOnMe

*sigh*

I can't repeat so many times how much I tried to warn people.

The greatest danger to our republic has always been those who would manipulate us to be against the very foundational Constitutional government that our forefathers created.

+5 more 
posted on Nov, 30 2020 @ 10:40 PM
link   

I've noted before that this is entirely indicative of weak and fearful leadership.

Ruling with an iron fist is actually a sign of weakness because it is the LAZY choice. The hard choice is making reasoned and balanced decisions that actually benefit the community as a whole, not small and exclusive parts of it. And that takes work, sh!t tonnes of hard work.

All you need look at is Australia, we now have an economy that's just been vaporised. Hundreds of billions spent protecting people with one foot in the grave at the expense, in many cases, of the youth who now have little to no future. The region where I live has a youth unemployment rate of 45%, that is not going to be fixed within, at least, 3 or 4 generations.

And with corporate media and tech media on board it makes this all too easy for governments.

+8 more 
posted on Nov, 30 2020 @ 10:42 PM
link   
I think we all have enough data by now to understand the risks.

I chose my personal liberty.

posted on Nov, 30 2020 @ 10:52 PM
link   
Well, at least they are not blaming fat people for the high price of insurances so much anymore. I have known a lot of fat people who never even went to the doctors very often throughout my life, they got sick occasionally but were less often going to doctors than skinny people did. So, now they are blaming people who want to work for spreading the disease, that is so backwards. Anyone who does not listen to their fear mongering is an enemy of theirs I guess.

If they hadn't blown the Zika virus and the Ebola virus up to make us fear them, people might actually believe them more on this one. These fearmongers are going to kill all the people off from twisting everything to make us fear things. In this case, you must consider that eighty percent of people only get a mild version of the disease, but if they destroy every small business owners lives, that is not good either. The economy is very important, it takes many years to build a business and get so you are making a profit. If you work eight hours in your store, there is often three hours of stuff to do after work, and most small businesses do not make money like someone working in technology or in offices....when you look at the bottom line.

posted on Nov, 30 2020 @ 11:05 PM
link   
Cops swarm Adamson BBQ

As treatments like Ivermectin are being suppressed for Covid treatments, it looks like people are the enemy for a few. Bill Gates has made his eugenic aims clear over the years.

posted on Nov, 30 2020 @ 11:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

*sigh*

The greatest danger to our republic has always been those who would manipulate us to be against the very foundational Constitutional government that our forefathers created.

It's more simple than that.

The enemy, that is.

It's the nags, the harpies, the high pressure wannabe salesmen, it's grandma's spoiled rotten grandkid(s) heaping the responsibility of maintaining grandma's forced sterile world on the rest of the populace while screaming and hollering than eeeveryone is killing grandma otherwise.

Oh, they heard me right. I dub them Screamers, and The Screamers are what's wrong with this country, not the "be responsible for yourself" crowd that used to be the pinnacle and shining example of personal responsibility and independence. Y'all see what these twits did? They made personal responsibility and independence something to be ashamed of. Well no more, tell them to shut up and take care of granny themselves. The rest of us still have spines and a sense of dignity.

+3 more 
posted on Nov, 30 2020 @ 11:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: DontTreadOnMe

You'll kill grandma.
Make sure your relatives are alive next holiday season.
Turn in your neighbor.

W.T.F.
A lot of fear mongering and negative reinforcement.....shaming....pissing people off.
This is not the way to treat people or pandemics.

The report from the civil liberties group stated, “As a result, instead of helping individuals and communities through education and provision of health care, today’s pandemic prevention focuses on taking aggressive, coercive actions against those who are sick. People, rather than the disease, become the enemy.”

The reality is no more granma's died in 2020 than any other year and the same for any other age group. Killing small businesses and wasting trillions did not help or reduce the number who typically die in any given year. Now the CDC is suggesting only 10 to 15k actually died to COVID and the rest had life threatening conditions already that were the primary reason for them dying.

posted on Nov, 30 2020 @ 11:51 PM
link   
Don't looks at what's behind the curtain, it's for sure not a bumhug back there! Eat a popkin, hug your billy bumbler, and stay inside!

posted on Dec, 1 2020 @ 12:09 AM
link   

I've never cared for the ACLU but they were weaponized to the max by the Obama administration. At this point I don't know if they'd even do much for their fellow democrats if those democrats don't hold, or didn't previously hold an elected position. The media has played their hand in making us the enemy as well.

posted on Dec, 1 2020 @ 01:15 AM
link   
Is it weird we are the sane people?
I just checked out the reddit app, jesus dude, what a joke.

Yeah, on topic. Patience needs to end with these politicians playing politics with our small businesses.
Essential?
This virus is sooo bad we need to funnel everyone through the big box stores?
Enough is gd enough.
Civil lawsuits and suspension of politicians pay, all income and all property tax needs to happen last month.
Clown world

posted on Dec, 1 2020 @ 01:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: myselfaswell

I've noted before that this is entirely indicative of weak and fearful leadership.

Ruling with an iron fist is actually a sign of weakness because it is the LAZY choice. The hard choice is making reasoned and balanced decisions that actually benefit the community as a whole, not small and exclusive parts of it. And that takes work, sh!t tonnes of hard work.

All you need look at is Australia, we now have an economy that's just been vaporised. Hundreds of billions spent protecting people with one foot in the grave at the expense, in many cases, of the youth who now have little to no future. The region where I live has a youth unemployment rate of 45%, that is not going to be fixed within, at least, 3 or 4 generations.

And with corporate media and tech media on board it makes this all too easy for governments.

Not to mention the appalling treatment our 2 squadron SASR are being subjected to!

posted on Dec, 1 2020 @ 07:01 AM
link   
I made a similar point in a thread I made here months ago. I asked the question, who will ultimately be held responsible? I expressed the thought that it would be the public when this pandemic was actually created by government, many were involved.

Private business has covered their butts with lawyers and governments are making the public responsible through propaganda, thus making the victims the enemy, or at least legally responsible and subject to fines and litigation.
edit on 1-12-2020 by MichiganSwampBuck because: Clarity

posted on Dec, 1 2020 @ 07:30 AM
link   
I just watched a news report last night, about a restaurant in Hillsdale, that is refusing to close up. They have been packed every day. And of course, they have been fined by the health department.

More people need to be like the owner. He is a brave man, doing what he needs to do, to save his business. I am going to donate some money for the fines.

Enough is now more than enough.

posted on Dec, 1 2020 @ 07:34 AM
link   

Remember the wonderful names you and I (LOL, look at me pretending you're someone else) got called back in March? MARCH. FFS.

It's too late, the time to tell everyone to calm their shizz down was then, but no, we had to go full retard with shutdowns. Now even the business owners who want to open are cowed into keeping their mouths shut from the 'Vid-shamers.

posted on Dec, 1 2020 @ 07:43 AM
link   

It's the old communist way.

posted on Dec, 1 2020 @ 07:48 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

"If you feed a man a fish, you have to get government approval, if you teach a man to fish, you get fined."

People are so screwed and they don't even realize it yet.
edit on 1-12-2020 by DBCowboy because: Covid drank my beer

posted on Dec, 1 2020 @ 07:49 AM
link   

"If you feed a man a fish, you have to get government approval, if you teach a man to fish, you get fined."

"If you try to run your business you will sleep with the fishes."

posted on Dec, 1 2020 @ 07:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

Remember the wonderful names you and I (LOL, look at me pretending you're someone else) got called back in March? MARCH. FFS.

It's too late, the time to tell everyone to calm their shizz down was then, but no, we had to go full retard with shutdowns. Now even the business owners who want to open are cowed into keeping their mouths shut from the 'Vid-shamers.

Yeah it seems like the verbals you get from the 'Fraid Crowd get worse and worse the more you try to talk sense into them about this whole thing. I recall them being quite ridiculous back in March, too, when we told them to chill out. "We" meaning those of us who knew the shutdowns were the worst scenario. But hey, you toss free money at people and they'll do any trick you want them to do. Several people at the essential business I work for took 10 days off to get paid while they "waited on results" and hoped to get fired during that time so they could draw unemployment.

posted on Dec, 1 2020 @ 07:53 AM
link   

a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

People are so screwed and they don't even realize it yet.

I thought we were at that point before the lock downs? Now it's even if you fish at all, you're arrested because ... COVID.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join