It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WHO reporting drop in world wide Covid infection rate

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2020 @ 01:01 PM
link   
Hey All!

A glimmer of hope! If Covid is trending on a down trajectory world wide it could be the first sign that it may be on its way to the grave it has put so many in.

www.bbc.co.uk...

New cases of Covid-19 dropped worldwide last week for the first time since September, according to the head of the World Health Organization (WHO).

That's before the vaccines are distributed too. If Covid continues this downward trend then the vaccines are sure to make a huge impact.

Personally I believe it will dissipate in the main very quickly once it retreats to a certain ratio relative to our world population. Some countries are still having rising cases and that will continue until strategy prevails, but it may well have done its worst in the more heavily populated countries. I am hoping we have seen the very worst of it.

I never doubted Covid was a very serious issue and that it could easily have been much worse if we had not locked down to a degree. In some places the people and the authorities have had a huge pile up of bodies and we know how some care homes were completely abandoned, their clients left to die. I believe there will be much legal activity for some years to come and huge international debts to pay off all over again. Just as one austerity period ended, unless tax increases can happen and be tolerated, then the next austerity period will knock us back to the stone age socially (comparatively).

There are ways to finance desperately required development: Slight increases in all taxes, from V.A.T to income, community, business taxes (particularly the international digital corporations like Microsoft, Apple, Facebook, et c. Across the board it could mean that we could actually do some developing. In much of the West we desperately need to do that. Personally I would be glad to pay just a little more if I KNEW it seriously was going to address some issues like homelessness, social care (from kids to adults to the elderly) and also structurally. We need a mini post war development strategy such as Attlee oversaw.

One of the reasons why they have been so heavy on Covid is very much for the security of the wealthy as much as anybody else. These older (mostly men) are in the highest risk group as well as the highest earners. They are powerful and who wouldn't protect themselves if they knew how to and had the means? It is pretty common sense. I can work with that. I understand it.

Still a bit angry about the billionaire vaccine market and the PPE et c. This should have all had a philanthropical theme. That's the way the world goes round though.

Peace!!!

EDIT: Once everything opens up again there will be a lot of space commercially for new enterprise, big and small, across the whole globe. All countries will want tourists and to export as much as they can. It will be a very frenetic period and will grow back leaner and stronger. There are positives. Nothing ever stays the same. It will be a slightly different vibe because we have had such a universal world experience that has changed our behaviour so much for a considerable length of time.

edit on 30-11-2020 by Kakamega because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2020 @ 02:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Kakamega

Since when has the WHO been correct on this thing?

posted on Nov, 30 2020 @ 02:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kakamega
Hey All!

A glimmer of hope!

Yes, a glimmer. Look at the charts, though; we have witnessed many global 'dips' over the last few months before infections rode upwards again.

Fingers crossed, though, that this dip is something more meaningful.

posted on Nov, 30 2020 @ 03:16 PM
link   

There was a study out of Johns Hopkins the other day. It found that overall deaths had not increased from the year before Covid19 to the present day. Initially, they noted a large increase in deaths caused by Covid19. But as they looked further they noticed drops in every other category: heart attacks, etc. This was strange until they realized that a death that would have been listed the year before as heart attack was now just being posted in the Covid19 column with no overall total increase in deaths. As soon as certain people found out what was published the study was pulled.

Here is a link to the pulled study from Johns Hopkins:

drive.google.com...

posted on Nov, 30 2020 @ 03:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hypntick

Since when has the WHO been correct on this thing?

I actually have to agree with you on this thing. WHO has made some bad mistakes and has let their leaders opinions cause more harm than good quite often....just like Fauchi and some Governors did.

posted on Nov, 30 2020 @ 03:39 PM
link   
Good news overall, our #s are as high as ever been, hopefully the w/e #s show a decline..but, alas..what is information these days?

posted on Nov, 30 2020 @ 05:02 PM
link   
Zombie's next:

Denmark ordered all farmed mink to be culled early this month after finding that12 people had been infected by a mutated strain of the virus that causes COVID-19, which passed from humans to mink and back to humans.
The decision led to 17 million animals being destroyed and to the resignation last week of Food and Agriculture Minister Morgens Jensen, after it was determined that the order was illegal.

Dead mink were tipped into trenches at a military area in western Denmark and covered with 2 meters of soil. But hundreds have begun resurfacing, pushed out of the ground by what authorities say is gas from their decomposition. Newspapers have referred to them as the “zombie mink.”

www.voanews.com...

posted on Nov, 30 2020 @ 05:11 PM
link   
Still not getting a "vaccine."

posted on Nov, 30 2020 @ 06:13 PM
link   
Well, not good here, 45 dead on the weekend, and 2,364 new cases, just under 400 beds used up, including 75 ICU

new topics

top topics

join