It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Biden and the 2nd Amendment

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 29 2020 @ 04:35 PM
link   
After thinking about it for a while, despite his campaign promises, I don't think Biden is going to make any serious moves on the 2nd Amendment and guns for 3-4 years, if at all during his first term. He's going to try everything else in his power to set the dems up for a 2nd term or more, and moving on the 2nd Amendment would be a colossal voter mistake for his party.

Oh sure, I'm sure he'll encourage some wild and crazy legislation which doesn't have a prayer of getting through the House, and certainly not the Senate. This way, he can say he did what he said, but those stinky republicans in the Senate shot it down. The only area which kind of scares me is the area of taxes because this is something few politicians of any color can resist. However, he and Kommrade Kamala are just crooked enough to bow to special interest and work the back channels to see stuff like this fails. I also think the SCOTUS holds some sway here in ensuring that taxes are not punitive.

I think a Biden administration will fight tooth and nail to ensure some of the stupid laws currently in place remain, but if that was the worst of it, well, at least we could deal with that.

I'm not too worried about things like hi-cap mag bans, just so long as they don't get worse. Most of them (Kalifornia aside) are not enforceable in any reasonable fashion. I think the gun lobby is strong enough to win the "black gun" war. That stuff is just silly, and paranoid. Minimally, they can hamstring the argument in the courts forever. (Hey, turn it into a racist argument for all I care, right? Everything else is!).

That's just my take...at the moment.

posted on Nov, 29 2020 @ 04:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

I predict 4 years of soaring gun and ammo sales. The big gunmakers are probably stoked like the rest of the big corps. With biden as president, ain't nothing getting done for four years. The uncertainty comes at the end. They've got four years of an asshole who's gonna periodically says dumb # that boosts their sales through the roof.
edit on 29/11/2020 by dug88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2020 @ 04:42 PM
link   

The 2nd Amendment is a Right.

It shall not be infringed.

posted on Nov, 29 2020 @ 04:48 PM
link   
In my area ammo is simply not available, if you find it at all the prices are unreasonable. Generally a dollar a round or more. I am concerned that Joe and Horizontal Harris will make hi capacity mags, (over 10 rounds) an NFA item. That would mean registration of magazines and a $200 tax stamp for each.
edit on 29-11-2020 by Nickn3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2020 @ 04:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Nickn3

only if you admit to having them...

IF I had them i would certainly not ever admit to it.

posted on Nov, 29 2020 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Quiet citizen. Only the government needs high capacity magazines. Why would the average citizen ever need to be able to fire more than 5 bullets before a reload?

The only reason high capacity magazines exist is so terrorists can kill more children.

Why don't people ever think of the children?
edit on 29/11/2020 by dug88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2020 @ 04:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

You mean like pursuit of happiness right to privacy and free specch? I'd imagine those can't be infringed either.

posted on Nov, 29 2020 @ 04:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: billxam

originally posted by: DBCowboy

You mean like pursuit of happiness right to privacy and free specch? I'd imagine those can't be infringed either.

*shrugs*

Point made.

The leftists and authoritarians are prison-raping the American people and using the Constitution to wipe up the mess.

posted on Nov, 29 2020 @ 05:01 PM
link   
a reply to: dug88
Word on the streets is joe is always thinking of the childrens.

You can borrow my old canoe if you need to have a boating accident and lose all of those mags.

edit on Sun, 29 Nov 2020 17:02:36 -0600 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2020 @ 05:02 PM
link   
Joe Biden promises to put Beto O’Rourke in charge of gun control

Isn't Beto O'joke his gun czar? I think it is pretty clear where he stands.

edit on 29-11-2020 by Halfswede because: fixed link

posted on Nov, 29 2020 @ 05:02 PM
link   

It’s not biden....
It’s heals up Harris.

She will be in charge before two years and she will attempt the gun grab.

posted on Nov, 29 2020 @ 05:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22
She grabs the other kind of guns, not the ones that go boom boom.

edit on Sun, 29 Nov 2020 17:07:19 -0600 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2020 @ 05:12 PM
link   
There is no Biden presidency it’s a Harris pelosi thing, he won’t last long enough before his sins catch up and take him. Joe Biden never whooped anyone’s ass behind a gymnasium and never will he is in all manners of man culture weird. He probably won’t talk much about guns but his swivel finger will sign sign sign things away because he’s not in control.

posted on Nov, 29 2020 @ 05:15 PM
link   
a reply to: dug88

I disagree. There's a limit, and we're there right now. Ammo shouldn't cost $1 per round or more. People just won't shoot then. It's too expensive. Manufacturers know this.

Remember, lobbies work in a lot of different ways. It's not always lobbies at the top; some lobbies work laterally.

Firearms manufacturers have a big hammer on ammo manufacturers. If they stop manufacturing firearms due to extreme ammo prices, then ammo manufacturers have to cut back on their production. It's a death spiral. So, firearm manufacturers have an incentive to keep the ammo guys in check, and ammo guys have an incentive to keep the firearm manufacturers in check. It's either a win-win, or a lose-lose...and nobody wants to lose!

Remember, this isn't chump change we're talking about here; it's BIG business!!!!!!

posted on Nov, 29 2020 @ 05:15 PM
link   
I'm thinking Biden won't be president at all very soon. So it won't matter. I'm buying plenty of extra guns and ammo just in case I have to defend my liberties in the future though.

posted on Nov, 29 2020 @ 05:17 PM
link   

You believe Biden is the one taking the decisions and telling what to do.

posted on Nov, 29 2020 @ 05:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

Nah, I don't think so. Look how she's "blown" whatever way the wind "blows" in Kalifornia!

She's an easy mark.

posted on Nov, 29 2020 @ 05:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk
After thinking about it for a while, despite his campaign promises, I don't think Biden is going to make any serious moves on the 2nd Amendment and guns for 3-4 years, if at all during his first term. He's going to try everything else in his power to set the dems up for a 2nd term or more, and moving on the 2nd Amendment would be a colossal voter mistake for his party.

If the Republicans keep the Senate he will be a lame duck day one, and 2022 looks even worst for him. The only area that he will do damage in is with foreign politics, so that could get ugly.

posted on Nov, 29 2020 @ 05:20 PM
link   
a reply to: TKDRL

FMJ is way old now. Sorry.

I'll bet you couldn't find a soy-boy millennial on the street who even knows what that movie even is, let alone who starred in it!

That's part of the problem!

posted on Nov, 29 2020 @ 05:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

Agreed. And I don't have too much insight into that.

On the energy front, I suspect he will push initiatives to extract oil and gas across disputed territory, like the 'stans'. I think the fracking industry in the US might be in trouble for a while, but I think they'll just change the name to something more PC like "extraction" or the like, and all the uproar will go away..

As for foreign policy, sleepy Joe will be a dismal nightmare, but I will let national leaders expose that and won't "pontificate" on it myself.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join