It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

time and space question

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 29 2020 @ 04:07 PM
link   
have an short question for you..for something that crossed my mind...
how long does it take in time that future becomes history and where in space meets future an history ????

posted on Nov, 29 2020 @ 04:13 PM
link   
If the universe is concave or convex then a ray of light would eventually reach its starting point.

Take for example on earth. It would take a photon about .134 seconds to travel around the earth. This means it travels around the earth 7.46 times per second, meaning it would equal 7.46Hz. It is interesting to note this is close to the Schumann resonance of 7.83Hz

posted on Nov, 29 2020 @ 04:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: ressiv
how long does it take in time that future becomes history and where in space meets future an history ????

One Planck time is the time it would take a photon travelling at the speed of light to cross a distance equal to one Planck length - this is the smallest measurement we have of time that I´m aware of. So if the future is one Plank time ahead of the present and the past is one Plank time behind the present then it is logical to conclude that it takes two Plank time´s for the future to become the past.

-MM
edit on 29-11-2020 by MerkabaMeditation because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2020 @ 04:50 PM
link   
time is an illusion created by the mind of man so he can make reference to his environment;

or at least that's what the machine elves told me.

posted on Nov, 29 2020 @ 04:56 PM
link   
Time is the property of the universe that makes things not all happen at the same instant.

We perceive it as going only one way from what that has already happened in the past, to what is happening now, to what will happen in the future. The numbers you seek are man made measurements that are meaningless to beings other than Earth Men.

An instant from now will be now and then before you realize it happened.

“Time is an illusion, lunch time doubly so.” Douglas Adams, ‘The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy’

edit on 11 29 2020 by beyondknowledge because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2020 @ 04:56 PM
link   
The Planck answers are pretty good.

You'll get a more precise measurement at the moment of your death.

If "time" ends up being infinite in some way, I'll see you there.

Blue Eisenhower November

posted on Nov, 29 2020 @ 05:05 PM
link   
a reply to: ressiv

Um...short Zen answer: "Now"?🙏

posted on Nov, 29 2020 @ 08:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: ressiv
Scientists have this "block universe theory" and apparently a lot of them believe it, but not everyone does and I think it needs to be better explained/defined because this sounds too confusing:

A Debate Over the Physics of Time

According to our best theories of physics, the universe is a fixed block where time only appears to pass. Yet a number of physicists hope to replace this “block universe” with a physical theory of time...

An objection voiced many times during the conference was that the block universe seems to imply, in some important way, that the future already exists, yet statements about, say, next Thursday’s weather are neither true nor false. For some, this seems like an insurmountable problem with the block-universe view. Ismael had heard these objections many times before. Future events exist, she said, they just don’t exist now. “The block universe is not a changing picture,” she said.“It’s a picture of change.” Things happen when they happen. “This is a moment — and I know everybody here is going to hate this — but physics could do with some philosophy,”
So does the block universe imply the future already exists? Some physicists have presented it that way, and other physicists are troubled by that description because they seem to think that this Thursday is really happening but next Thursday hasn't happened yet, which is sort of where I'm at too:

Others vehemently disagree, arguing that the task of physics is to explain not just how time appears to pass, but why. For them, the universe is not static. The passage of time is physical. “I’m sick and tired of this block universe,” said Avshalom Elitzur, a physicist and philosopher formerly of Bar-Ilan University. “I don’t think that next Thursday has the same footing as this Thursday. The future does not exist. It does not! Ontologically, it’s not there.”

So the block universe, while widely accepted unfortunately does have at least some physicists questioning it and maybe it's not completely wrong but some physicists are just misinterpreting it when they imply that "next Thursday" is already part of the block universe, I don't think it is.

Aside from the block universe, one question is whether warp drive is possible or not (for faster than light travel), because if one could travel faster than light, then theoretically, it might also be possible to travel back in time. While science fiction has a foregone conclusion that we will have warp drive in the future, in the real world the speed of light may turn out to be the finite speed limit science seems to think it is, so if that's true you can't travel back in time.

You could theoretically travel forward in time though. If you saw "planet of the apes" when the statue of liberty was half buried in the ground in the future, that was because the astronauts had experienced time dilation. Time dilation is a real, proven phenomenon in general relativity. But, they were stuck there, they had no way to go back to their old time in the past.

edit on 20201129 by Arbitrageur because: clarification

posted on Nov, 29 2020 @ 08:56 PM
link   

Completely dependant on perspective and measurement.

posted on Dec, 1 2020 @ 07:05 AM
link   

Perspective is the ticket.

It's always somewhere now.

Just depends on where you are standing.

posted on Dec, 1 2020 @ 02:04 PM
link   
okay thanks for the reply's :-)
but how are future /present/past orientated in the time/space continuum... wat is right ?
future /past =present
past/ present =future
present /future =past

posted on Dec, 1 2020 @ 04:06 PM
link   
my immediate moment now.
has now become the past or history!

Get your head around this!

I can not wait to see how they cope with
difrent time zones on difrent worlds and space ships.
all the time zone will run at difrent speeds!
not like time zones on earth that run at the same speed?

you can not just take a atomic clock on a space ship.
as the ships time speed will be a difrent speed.

is it gravity that makes time? or some thing to do with
some thing in the mass of a planet and very big things?

edit on 1-12-2020 by buddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2020 @ 05:57 AM
link   
an foton cant be responseble for the schuman resonance couse foton's travvel in an straight line and cant circle earth (it would never be dark at night)..
an other particle that also moves with lightspeed must be responseble an graviton perhaps??

a reply to: MerkabaMeditation

posted on Dec, 2 2020 @ 06:03 AM
link   
that implicates that you never will notice that you are beeing absorbed by een black hole ..
we all seen the animations of an object that wat in an few seconds ore shorter is pulled in the center of the hole..
but time deforment is never shown...
wat for an observer looks like an eyewink can be for the object an process of billions of years...right ??

a reply to: buddha

edit on 2-12-2020 by ressiv because: (no reason given)

edit on 2-12-2020 by ressiv because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join