It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anti-War Groups Protesting US Troops Instead of Decision-Makers

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2005 @ 05:35 AM
link   

CNSNews.com) - To mark the second anniversary of the U.S.-led war in Iraq on March 19, various anti-war groups are planning to protest in Fayetteville, N.C., the home of Fort Bragg. It's not the protest, but the location that has some people upset.

Large copy-and-paste removed

www.cnsnews.com...\Culture\archive\200503\CUL20050317a.html

This article is offered without specific comment by the originator. Any pertinent or factual reality based information presented by the originator may be deemed “offensive” to some members of this forum. Such action would be a violation of the San Angeles “verbal Miranda act” according to the “Magi” that control this website. Please offer any comment no matter how obscure or fact less as such information will immediately be found “brilliant” and your personal self esteem shall be stoked accordingly by the “Maji”.

[edit on 18-3-2005 by SkepticOverlord]

posted on Mar, 18 2005 @ 05:59 AM
link   
Ok but imagaine the day when every last soldier says "ok thats it im quitting this murderous game".

Please dont argue about the PLAUSIBLITY or the LIKELYHOOD of this scenarios thats not the point here.

The point is:

Without an army the decision makers could agree to war all they want, but not have their tool of slaughter at their disposal.
We need to educate those that are suckerd into becoming proffesional killers.

posted on Mar, 18 2005 @ 06:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Corinthas
Ok but imagaine the day when every last soldier says "ok thats it im quitting this murderous game".

Please dont argue about the PLAUSIBLITY or the LIKELYHOOD of this scenarios thats not the point here.

The point is:

Without an army the decision makers could agree to war all they want, but not have their tool of slaughter at their disposal.
We need to educate those that are suckerd into becoming proffesional killers.

Thank you for your brilliant and insightful comments, have a "joy-joy" day.

posted on Mar, 18 2005 @ 06:06 AM
link   
to have a society you NEED some type of law enforcement...be it federal or local...in order to keep the social contract soldiers must be around...so yes having no soldiers would stop politicians...but it'd also destroy the country...

posted on Mar, 18 2005 @ 06:18 AM
link   
Surely you mean the police, not the military???

Using soldiers for law enforcement would be an enactment of martial law.

posted on Mar, 18 2005 @ 06:19 AM
link   
How you jump from law enforce ment to soldier... in england the police were invented as the alternative to the army! But yeah... quo custodiet custodians?

Obviuosly in this dog eat dog world the US completely disarming itself is a novel idea... but the system is self perpetuatingl. So saying we need to defend ourselves because of the dangerous situation, ok.. but this in turn makes the situation more dangerous and you go round in circles.

And why is the situation dangerous in the first place.? Coz every one is armed to the teeth and agressive. So the real argumet, surely , looks like this:

Everyone is armed making the situation dangerous. This is when the "we need to defend ourselves argument" comes in leaving the the first premise IMPLIED (!!) and the rest of it follows.. more guns for defence makes the place more dangerous and around it goes again!

Very cyclical in my view and therfore no valid.

QED.

posted on Mar, 18 2005 @ 06:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by rapier28
Surely you mean the police, not the military???

Using soldiers for law enforcement would be an enactment of martial law.

Wow, your wisdom and in-depth knowledge of this subject is mesmerizing and you should be very content in the obvious mastery of your research capabilities, have a "joy-joy" day

posted on Mar, 18 2005 @ 06:21 AM
link   
Regardless, police, military, law enforcement, become necessary in human society, only at that point in human society, where there is a separation between those who have, and those who aint got. I'm paraphrasing a much greater man than myself, but you get the point, right?

posted on Mar, 18 2005 @ 06:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by WyrdeOne
Regardless, police, military, law enforcement, become necessary in human society, only at that point in human society, where there is a separation between those who have, and those who aint got. I'm paraphrasing a much greater man than myself, but you get the point, right?

Wow, your wisdom and in-depth knowledge of this subject is mesmerizing and you should be very content in the obvious mastery of your research capabilities, have a "joy-joy" day

posted on Mar, 18 2005 @ 06:25 AM
link   
[edit on 18-3-2005 by rapier28]

posted on Mar, 18 2005 @ 07:14 AM
link   
DrHoracid....laying the sarcasm on a bit think....but anyway...i meant both police and military...

posted on Mar, 18 2005 @ 07:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by DrHoracid

DrHoracid you know you are going to get banned if you keep posting the exact same thing time after time, right?

Also, why are you deliberately posting complete news articles over and over again instead of just a synopsis?

What are you trying to prove?

posted on Mar, 18 2005 @ 07:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by CPYKOmega

DrHoracid you know you are going to get banned if you keep posting the exact same thing time after time, right?

Also, why are you deliberately posting complete news articles over and over again instead of just a synopsis?

I am trying to offer "content" without comment until I find a way to adjust my wording. And be supportive of other views. I haven't posted 'complete" articles anyway, just a few lines as required.

posted on Mar, 18 2005 @ 07:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by CPYKOmega

I am trying to offer "content" without comment until I find a way to adjust my wording. And be supportive of other views. I haven't posted 'complete" articles anyway, just a few lines as required.

So why are you repeating the phrases:

"Wow, your wisdom and in-depth knowledge of this subject is mesmerizing and you should be very content in the obvious mastery of your research capabilities, have a "joy-joy" day" and

"Thank you for your brilliant and insightful comments, have a "joy-joy" day" ??

Is this what you call being "supportive" of other members views?

Also S.O. has edited many of your posts to a few lines, because you didn't follow the proper guidelines.

posted on Mar, 18 2005 @ 08:03 AM
link   

I didn't see anyone protesting US troops in that photo. There was a picture of a soldier. That was it. I've never heard anyone, and I mean never, ripping on our troops - other than those a-holes who clearly have broken laws of war and murdered/tortured people. Other than that, the only complaints I've heard have been - rightly - directed at the leadership at the White House and Pentagon.

I think this administration desperately wants people to believe that folks are out there protesting against the troops. The truth of the matter is, they're not. They want our troops brought home; therefore, they protest FOR the troops.

posted on Mar, 18 2005 @ 09:35 AM
link   

My best guess is that this is in response to the posts SO made about the (in his opinion) "mortally wounded" state that ATS is in.
If I understand you correctly I think I agree with you, but you're going pretty far to make your point.

posted on Mar, 18 2005 @ 09:53 AM
link   
This is just my humble opinion but I'm pretty sure that picture isnt even from a protest in America. It looks more like someplace in asia like indonesia or the philipines. Not sure how thats relevant to a protest in the good ol US of A.

posted on Mar, 18 2005 @ 10:37 AM
link   
Good point, Boogyman! If it were in the USA, we would have never seen it!

posted on Mar, 18 2005 @ 10:49 AM
link   
Horazio is having a bad day becouse his stocks in Haliburton are falling

you know like when a robot comes into a situation that does not comply with his laws of robotics....just watch out, HES GOING TO BLOW!

posted on Mar, 18 2005 @ 11:25 AM
link   
You knew I would have to get into this one! First I have absolutely no problem with people protesting the war or protesting anything for that matter. My problem is choice of location. Protesting Fort Bragg, NC is kinda like preaching to the choir. Sure they are the ones doing the fighting, killing and dying but thats what soldiers do. In theory if you have the biggest, baddest army then you shouldn't have to fight, think it is called a deterent or something! Maybe, just maybe and this is only my opinion mind you, it would make more sense to protest um, ya know where they have all the cherry blossums in the spring. Ya know where they have all the nice big monuments to dead soldiers. There is also a nice garden there. I believe it is called 'Arlington' or something like that. Oh and they have this thing called the 'Tomb of the Unknowns', since it is an unknown I don't know what the hell it could possibly be. But I have been told this is the seat of government but I'm only a dumb ole soldier, what the hell do I know!

[edit on 18-3-2005 by Yorga]

top topics

<<   2 >>

join