It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is this videogame music?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 29 2020 @ 02:39 AM
link   
Hey I recently watched a random video that has background music from Sonic 1 and 2...

And the vid ends on a song that I can't quite place exactly where it's from. But it's a song that I know I recognize, from years ago, and it sounds really optimistic and loving and all that.

When I listen to it, I keep vaguely being reminded of the ending credits sequence of the one of the classic Sonic games... but I also doubt it, because I'd think I'd recognize the music from there.

So I'll link to the video. It's a very random topic but it's not a real skeleton, for the topic of the video.

The song starts at 10:22 and plays about a minute and a half, to the end of the video:

Anyone recognize it?

posted on Nov, 29 2020 @ 02:45 AM
link   
a reply to: JamesChessman

Have you tried asking the YouTuber?

posted on Nov, 29 2020 @ 03:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: Wide-Eyes

Have you tried asking the YouTuber?

Thanks, I did post a comment asking him. But sometimes larger channels have so much going on, that they can't engage all their comments.

But yeah, he might reply, fingers crossed.

But I also just thought that someone here might recognize it, as Sonic was a big part of the 90's, so I'd imagine there are a lot of classic Sonic fans, on ATS, just based on the age group of now-middle-aged folks, having grown up in the 90's.

Or maybe this is a bad idea for making a thread, I'm not sure, lol.

The song sounds really amazing though, and I recognize that I love this song from years ago, but I can't place it. So I'm having a nostalgic reaction, and an emotional feeling, while wondering about why / how I remember this song...

So far, it just reminds me of the Sonic games' ending sequences, but that can't be right... because I'd expect to identify such music...

Also the song sounds too cheerful for a Sonic ending, but I can't imagine anywhere else that the song would fit, in the Sonic games...

Maybe I need to refresh my memory of Sonic 3&K's different endings, but it also seems impossible that I wouldn't just recognize it...

posted on Nov, 29 2020 @ 03:25 AM
link   

I've abused my brain too much since the 90's to remember. The first things I thought of was Zelda or maybe Wonderboy but they are shots in the dark.

posted on Nov, 29 2020 @ 08:29 AM
link   
That is one lonely dude........

Why has nobody referenced the squirrel sex doll.

posted on Nov, 29 2020 @ 08:59 AM
link   

That video will give some folk's nightmares.

That said there is a whole 8 bit music fan base made up of both old and new fans of the old computer and console music track's.

Just do a search for 8 bit music in Microsoft or google and there are plenty of sites and videos to keep you going in your search.

Also look up classic commodore 64 music, ZX spectrum music and classic MSX music and add in whatever 8 bit consoles you also want to search for, there are some very good tracks but to be fair after a while that beep-boop-beeb-buzz will drive you insane in my humble opinion.

Personally I think computer music only really began to come of age with the advent of the Commodore Amiga and used to spend a hell of a lot on good sound cards for my PC back in the day.

(is that skeleton in a furby the result of some sick fantasist serial killer?).

edit on 29-11-2020 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2020 @ 10:39 AM
link   
That sir is the streets of rage 2 ending theme. Just been playing that game funnily enough. www.youtube.com...

posted on Nov, 29 2020 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Oh yea!
edit on 11/29/2020 by AlexandrosTheGreat because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2020 @ 04:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: pr0ph3t
That sir is the streets of rage 2 ending theme. Just been playing that game funnily enough. www.youtube.com...

Yes, thank you!!

This completely explains my nostalgic, emotional feelings about the song, while associating it with Sega Genesis, while also not placing it in the Sonic games.

It's been a few years since I played through Streets of Rage 2, but what a great game, especially because of Yuzo Koshiro's bomb soundtrack!

I think it was about 4 years ago that I played through (Japanese) Streets of Rage 3, so it was even longer since I played through SoR2, and I certainly wouldn't have placed it yet, without your help.

But oh my god, what a song, it sounds like love for our friends, and optimism, and sunshine lol

The way the song keeps changing its notes (or changing its key or whatever) sounds just beautiful:

And now that we have figured it out, here is another highlight from Yuzo Koshiro's work around that time.

He made the soundtrack of 8-bit Sonic 1 (and IIRC, he and his team actually made the game).

Definitely the best jam of the game. The stage is going through the Rocky Mountains (seemingly) with streams and waterfalls everywhere. So this song reminds me of exploring the Rocky Mtns and breathing the cool fresh air:

^Janet Jackson literally made her own song based on that song from playing her Game Gear apparently lol.

posted on Nov, 29 2020 @ 04:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheAlleghenyGentleman
That is one lonely dude........

Why has nobody referenced the squirrel sex doll.

Well I just wanted people to understand that I watched the vid out of randomness, i.e. I didn't want anyone associating me with the topic of the video, lol. The channel covers all kinds of random topics.

But for the topic of the vid: Wow, lol. It says the guy spent like 20 years building the doll, and he is still not finished.

And such things might technically be not harming anyone, but on the other hand, there's just something fundamentally creepy about it imo, especially that he made that skeleton for the doll... Like imagine how the guy must wake up in bed, next to this squirrel doll with a fake skeleton inside, yikes lol.

Also, in today's day and age, I'd expect that people can just meet someone online and go hook up, if they are lonely, so I can't even see the need for making dolls like this.

Not to mention how he and others would actually be "using" the doll, but I probably don't want to know the details of that lol.

top topics

join