It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dear God, I've caught a cold

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 29 2020 @ 11:14 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Yes, well, I live in one of those horrible backwater red states where they allow us to make some of our own choices when it comes to the COVID cold. The mayor doesn't like it, but since he's been caught running around at the Lake of the Ozarks without his mask, we all know how seriously he takes COVID cold.

posted on Nov, 29 2020 @ 11:18 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Wow.

So you don't have government telling you things most people take as common sense?

I always wondered what that was like.

posted on Nov, 29 2020 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Oh, I didn't say that.

Our mayor does that, but the governor does not. And since the governor won't act like Whitler, that means the mayor is undermined by county officials who won't always play ball with what he wants to do. So he can't be as awful as he clearly would like to be.

edit on 29-11-2020 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2020 @ 11:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

originally posted by: chr0naut

My wife had a sore throat and flu like symptoms last week.

So, unlikely as it might be in New Zealand, we both had a COVID-19 test (which is free, but better safe than spreading it around).

Both results came back negative.

Seems like colds and flu are still a thing, despite what they say on social media.

Or from the CDC.

No. There was a delay in the production of a cumulative report of the 2019-2020 'flu season because the season was not over. The explanation was on the web page for those who wanted to read more than the social media summary.

The 'flu is still happening:

Weekly U.S. Influenza Surveillance Report - CDC

Still, with 1/4 million dead from this in your country, I'd like to know how you could deny what is going on. It clearly isn't a 'flu and is many times as deadly as 'flu. Yet you go on about a few hundred rioters destroying a few tens of buildings which, in the face of the death statistics of COVID-19, is vanishingly trivial.

edit on 29/11/2020 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2020 @ 11:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

How did a man of your girth manage to catch anything?

Can't miss.

posted on Nov, 29 2020 @ 12:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

originally posted by: IAMTAT

Reminds me of a little Italian joint called 'Al Fresco's' where they throw your food against the wall mural outside...and make you lick it off.

FYI

Never eat at Al Qaeda.

Yelp reviews say it bombs.

Yeah...I know the place.
Right next door to the 'Al Lahuak Bar'.
edit on 29-11-2020 by IAMTAT because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2020 @ 05:35 PM
link   

So, unlikely as it might be in New Zealand, we both had a COVID-19 test (which is free, but better safe than spreading it around).

Which means precisely squat. Those test are as unreliable as my wife.

posted on Nov, 29 2020 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Anyway, imagine all those who would normally have died of the standard 'flu, who won't this year!

Yeah, except...

I guess you missed the Johns Hopkins study that proved that there are no excess deaths this year of even remote significance... which means, all of those COVID deaths you're constantly bombarded with are actually deaths from flu, heart disease, etc etc...

posted on Nov, 29 2020 @ 05:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: tanstaafl

Which means precisely squat. Those test are as unreliable as my wife.

In New Zealand we don't use antibody testing. We use PCR tests, which have the lowest error rates of all testing protocols.

What to Know About COVID-19 Tests, From PCR to Antigen to Antibody - Time

The Science Behind the Test for the COVID-19 Virus - Mayo Clinic

posted on Nov, 29 2020 @ 05:57 PM
link   
I have a cold.

A regular cold.

Treated with booze and OTC meds.

I've also placed myself under quarantine because symptoms of Covid in clude blinking, breathing, and possibly posting smart-ass posts online.

posted on Nov, 29 2020 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Anyway, imagine all those who would normally have died of the standard 'flu, who won't this year!

Yeah, except...

I guess you missed the Johns Hopkins study that proved that there are no excess deaths this year of even remote significance... which means, all of those COVID deaths you're constantly bombarded with are actually deaths from flu, heart disease, etc etc...

This article?: EXCESS DEATHS SHOW THE TRUE IMPACT OF COVID-19 IN THE U.S. - JHU Hub

As stated in the article, the number of excess deaths in the USA since March is 200,000 more than in a normal year.

And having comorbidities with COVID-19 does not mean that someone didn't die of COVID-19. It means there was more than one factor that caused death.

Some of the comorbidities are caused by COVID-19.

edit on 29/11/2020 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2020 @ 06:25 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Here in Ohio DeWine the RINO has started a feasibility study to install disintegration chambers like on the Star Trek episode A Taste of Armageddon to end “suffering but keep the death toll up.”

posted on Nov, 29 2020 @ 06:36 PM
link   
a reply to: chr0naut

You are buying into the anti-body narrative?
Have you actually researched anti-bodies and T cells?

Rainbows
Jane

posted on Nov, 29 2020 @ 07:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: angelchemuel
a reply to: chr0naut

You are buying into the anti-body narrative?
Have you actually researched anti-bodies and T cells?

Rainbows
Jane

I know a little.

If a killer T-cell has a receptor that binds with a viral antigen, the T-cell releases cytotoxin to disrupt the infected cell, along with its viral load, either by lysis or by triggering apoptosis.

There can be up to a billion different types of T-cell, the main differences between them being the receptor each carries which primes each cell to bind to a very particular antigen.

I'm not actually sure what you mean by "the anti-body narrative" though.

posted on Nov, 29 2020 @ 10:17 PM
link   

I have chest congestion, a sore throat, a stuffy nose.

That's right folks.

I have a cold.

Something I could have joked about a year ago. Maybe make a man-flu thread and have a laugh.

But no more.

I actually have to either hide it by taking (gasp) OTC meds like Dayquil or fully admit it and be shunned like a leper.

WHo knew that I could treat covid symptoms with bourbon and cold meds.

I used to cough to hide my farts.

Now I fart to hide my coughs.

posted on Nov, 30 2020 @ 02:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: Dumbass

I have chest congestion, a sore throat, a stuffy nose.

That's right folks.

I have a cold.

Something I could have joked about a year ago. Maybe make a man-flu thread and have a laugh.

But no more.

I actually have to either hide it by taking (gasp) OTC meds like Dayquil or fully admit it and be shunned like a leper.

WHo knew that I could treat covid symptoms with bourbon and cold meds.

I used to cough to hide my farts.

Now I fart to hide my coughs.

Coughing and farting simultaneously can, however, lead to explosive diarrhea.

edit on 30/11/2020 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2020 @ 05:24 AM
link   

In New Zealand we don't use antibody testing. We use PCR tests, which have the lowest error rates of all testing protocols.

Ummm... no. Even the inventor of the PCR test came out recently (during this plan/scam-demic) and said using the PCR test is useless for diagnostic purposes.

So, no, the PCR test is the worst of the bunch.

But believe what you will...

posted on Nov, 30 2020 @ 05:28 AM
link   

"I guess you missed the Johns Hopkins study that proved that there are no excess deaths this year of even remote significance... which means, all of those COVID deaths you're constantly bombarded with are actually deaths from flu, heart disease, etc etc..."

This article?: EXCESS DEATHS SHOW THE TRUE IMPACT OF COVID-19 IN THE U.S. - JHU Hub

No, the one discussed here.

posted on Nov, 30 2020 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Ummm... no. Even the inventor of the PCR test came out recently (during this plan/scam-demic) and said using the PCR test is useless for diagnostic purposes.

So, no, the PCR test is the worst of the bunch.

But believe what you will...

But I understand the science and don't believe the stuff that one might read on social media.

The polymerase reaction is how nature separates the two strands of DNA during replication. There is no better method for stripping apart DNA, amplifying it (replicating the sequence to its corresponding base and forming genomic duplicates of the original sequence), and then assaying a genomic sequence based upon having lots and lots of identical sequence segments which can be read out (usually ionically).

posted on Nov, 30 2020 @ 11:49 AM
link   

"I guess you missed the Johns Hopkins study that proved that there are no excess deaths this year of even remote significance... which means, all of those COVID deaths you're constantly bombarded with are actually deaths from flu, heart disease, etc etc..."

No, the one discussed here.

That doesn't even link to the Johns Hopkins article, which, as I understand it, was taken down because it was open to misinterpretation (as Gateway Pundit did), and was replaced with the article I posted, which unambiguously clarified things.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join