It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WaPost: A growing number of Americans are going hungry

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 28 2020 @ 01:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn
Thanks, Democrats.

Shutting down states, killing people's jobs, and ensuring the destitution of Americans for years to come.

All for something not even as serious as the common cold. CDC own website shows that. But they don’t want to “Follow the science!” on that.

Also, people are too willingly stupid to think for themselves and realize that the very people making these unlawful policies CLEARLY DON’T BELIEVE THEY ARE REALLY NECESSARY. If they did, we wouldn’t have seen so many of them getting caught without masks, in close proximity to definitely more than ten people, who aren’t their family members. People should have seen it for what it is when they declared that it was ok to go out and “fiery but mostly peacefully protest,” but they sure as hell are willfully stupid if they don’t see through it with all the policy-makers defying their own orders.

posted on Nov, 28 2020 @ 01:43 PM
link   
a reply to: ElGoobero

A relief bill won’t do sh!t for people. It will be some sh!tty tiny amount that will make little difference to almost any regular person. It won’t even be enough to pay mortgage or rent for a month.

However, it will give billions to the airlines and banks and other corporations, again. They don’t need or deserve it, but THAT will be the point of any “stimulus bill,” just like the first one (or two? have there been two worthless bills?).

And people- all of us- need to face up to that and call these assholes out. All of them. Democrat, Republican. This is going to keep happening until people wake the #ck up about this.

posted on Nov, 28 2020 @ 01:44 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

It’s because it never was about the people it’s about control and power. The more people going hungry the more than can rely on government programs to help feed and clothe them. This by depending on them they can continue to push the fear narrative that if you don’t vote for us all your benefits will be taken away.

posted on Nov, 28 2020 @ 01:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: subfab

is there a republican governor or mayor that is openly denying the lockdowns and allowing their population to go back to the way it was before covid?

EXACTLY! That’s how we know they are ALL in on it and they are ALL the same criminal assholes.

EDIT TO ADD: All of the Congress assholes are on the same team. But in general, the unwashed masses, us regular folk, tend to be Democrat or Democrat-ish who are all for these lockdowns and face suffocators and “relief” bills. It’s these folk we need to get through to, but many of them are too far gone; they’ve willingly given their responsibility to think over to the media and their asshole leaders. Hope you aren’t in that crowd.
edit on 28-11-2020 by KansasGirl because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2020 @ 01:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: TKDRL
a reply to: KansasGirl
Generally I agree with you for the most part. I am better off donating my time and excess crops/meat to the local places, than donating a days pay to like salvation army.

Right on, sir. I would feel ok donating directly to a local Salvation Army, probably. Probably. I would have to do some research on it first- but I used to be pretty involved in my local AA, and there were always a handful of men who had been directly helped by the local Salvation Army.

posted on Nov, 28 2020 @ 01:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

originally posted by: bigsnowman
But the DOW and the ECONOMY.

RECORD NUMBERS, RECORD WEALTH. Trickle on down baby, just like Reagan promised

It feels like you do not understand the world you live in.

The DOW is doing well because lock downs have allowed national corporations to continue to operate. Since those national corporations aren't running brick and mortar stores, their profits will be record breaking.

The trickle is broken, however, in that without people being allowed to work the faucet is turned off. The wealth is circulating among the wealthy and in off shore havens. Its not bouncing back into circulation again...as the wage part of that cycle is broken.

There IS record wealth...but all of it amassed in the hands of those who didn't need to work when this all started.

You and I have an extremely similar understanding with drastically different conclusions.

posted on Nov, 28 2020 @ 01:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: KansasGirl

A relief bill won’t do sh!t for people. It will be some sh!tty tiny amount that will make little difference to almost any regular person. It won’t even be enough to pay mortgage or rent for a month.

However, it will give billions to the airlines and banks and other corporations, again. They don’t need or deserve it, but THAT will be the point of any “stimulus bill,” just like the first one (or two? have there been two worthless bills?).

And people- all of us- need to face up to that and call these assholes out. All of them. Democrat, Republican. This is going to keep happening until people wake the #ck up about this.

I agree with this too, but again believe we've probably drastically different ideas of how to fix it.

posted on Nov, 28 2020 @ 01:57 PM
link   
a reply to: bigsnowman

my conclusions are based in the rules of the system we utilize. The last thing on Earth I want is the wealthy to feel entitled because they are "saving" us peons by showering their money on us. And the taxation schemes of both parties that got us here...can't be fixed quick enough to have any effect.

There are 2 solutions:

- get back to work and live with the risks
- sell a little more of my grandchildrens future to rain money out of the Fed

As a Gen Xer, im not really in a majority that believes that we, along with our parents and grandparents, spent away the futures of our great grandchildren. Thats more of a millenial viewpoint. But its a viewpoint I hold nonetheless.

posted on Nov, 28 2020 @ 02:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: KansasGirl

I agree with this too, but again believe we've probably drastically different ideas of how to fix it.

I am genuinely happy that we agree on this, especially! ❤️

ADD: I thought I was replying to your reply to me. Same sentiment on both, but just clarifying/verifying that I’m actually responding to your response to me. And I’m still genuinely pleased that we at least agree that another “relief” bill is bullish!t for anyone but the corporations who will get billions.

posted on Nov, 28 2020 @ 02:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Charliebrowndog

It’s because it never was about the people it’s about control and power. The more people going hungry the more than can rely on government programs to help feed and clothe them. This by depending on them they can continue to push the fear narrative that if you don’t vote for us all your benefits will be taken away.

*I* know that; *you* know that.

The person I replied to seems to be willfully or fully ignorant of that idea though.

Remember, in their view, when government kills capitalism, it's capitalism that failed ... NOT government, never, ever government.

Government to them is god and god cannot be fallible.

posted on Nov, 28 2020 @ 03:35 PM
link   

...always the issue of whether people are genuinely poor or can't manage their money properly (those with Mercedes etc).

They bought those motors while the going was good.

...I hate to think of anyone going hungry but I also hate the thought of being scammed by some lazy loser.

You don't afford a Merc by sitting on your backside.

I see comments like yours a lot, and they all stink of butt-hurt.

posted on Nov, 28 2020 @ 03:41 PM
link   
On the plus side hunting and fishing license are way up as gun sales and fishing gear here in Michigan. Of course B&E's are way up too

posted on Nov, 28 2020 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Who didn't see this coming?

The Karens and the leftists.

Wear a mask, obey, your government knows best.

pfft.

Some of us tried to warn people.

Others called us idiots and killers for warning that the nation won't recover.

But NoooOOOOOOOOoooooo. . . . .

To those assholes who mock us with wanting our "freedumbs" I hope you're starving like a little bitch right now.

posted on Nov, 28 2020 @ 04:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn
It kills me that Americans are going hungry in the 21st century and it is within the power of a select few individuals to abate that suffering.

They could do it now.

But they won't.

They (Trump and friends) are trying. Will you stand with us?

posted on Nov, 28 2020 @ 04:22 PM
link   
I'll bet the petty bureaucrats enforcing the no-work orders would stop doing it pretty quick if they were in the same boat, but they get paid by the money taken from the people being kept from working.

Sooner or later, no one will have anything. Then we'll see how quick people are stopped from working.

posted on Nov, 28 2020 @ 04:33 PM
link   
Don't you guys ever get tired of pointing fingers?

If you are hungry and able to cross the Atlantic you are more than welcome to share what I have...

It's politics people....leave it to the politicians...they'll find a way to screw you over anyway.

If your people are in need, you open your doors.

Happy thanksgiving.

Peace

posted on Nov, 28 2020 @ 04:43 PM
link   
a reply to: operation mindcrime

I think the point just flew right over your head.

Here's the paper reporting on a bad economy as if it's some mystery why the economy is bad.

IT'S BAD BECAUSE CERTAIN STATE GOVERNORS MADE IT THAT WAY. And for no other reason. Now in some places, it's not so bad because the governors said they wouldn't shut people down. In some places, they were more pro-active in interfering with their mayors' ability to undercut what they were doing.

I'm fortunate in that our governor refused to shut down the state either time although he did allow mayors to do it if they chose.

I'm fortunate that most of the mayors and county councils in this area did not choose to extend the lock down in this area and refused to issue a second one.

So this local economy is chugging along as well as can be expected. But there are some rather large states that are hurting and badly because you have governors like Wolf, Newsome, the Wicked Witch of Michigan, Cuomo, etc., and many mayors under them who insist on telling people they cannot work, they cannot open their businesses, so they are losing everything.

These are people who otherwise would not be hungry.

edit on 28-11-2020 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2020 @ 04:48 PM
link   

But the DOW and the ECONOMY.

RECORD NUMBERS, RECORD WEALTH. Trickle on down baby, just like Reagan promised

All that trickles down is their crap. Soon all the people at the food banks and pantries will be eating those stock and bonds.
edit on 28-11-2020 by GravitySucks because: said a naughty word

posted on Nov, 28 2020 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Yeah pointing fingers...like I said.

Peace

posted on Nov, 28 2020 @ 04:53 PM
link   
a reply to: operation mindcrime
Sometimes it is appropriate to put the blame where it's due. Some fools try to point the finger at people that had no say in the matter. Like CEO's, wall street, the president lol.

Can't say I didn't try to warn people what was going to happen. It sucks to be one of the starving people I guess.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join