It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I reeally do need your help..............please?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2005 @ 04:48 AM
link   
IMy question is, ok My husband has private photos and videos of a certain someone ...ahem.and how can we make this file "Private" so that nobody in the house can see it or access it?
Thanks

posted on Mar, 18 2005 @ 04:56 AM
link   
Simple...

Incinerate them.

posted on Mar, 18 2005 @ 06:35 AM
link   
For me if I want to keep anything private I would burn them onto a cd.

I am logged in as the administrator and that way I can stop people seeing everything by restricting their access to certain folders and programs etc..

posted on Mar, 18 2005 @ 07:38 AM
link   
You could post them on BTS for safe keeping (j/k)

Seriously, doing as Mindwalker suggests is a good bet.

posted on Mar, 18 2005 @ 12:33 PM
link   
Burning them to CD is still a risk if anyone finds your stash.

User permissions can be worked around if you know what you're doing.

What you need is encryption software. It encrypts files and password protects them. Any time anyone tries to open the files, they will be asked for a password. There are claims that even the CIA can't defeat 128 bit encryption. Should be enough to keep the kiddies/friends/housemates out, I'd say.

There is a free encryption program called AxCrypt which is very user-friendly, embeds into your windows shell (in this case, adds options to the right-click menu) and works fine.

Here is the link:

axcrypt.sourceforge.net...

posted on Mar, 29 2005 @ 07:43 PM
link   
If you have XP...(assumption),

Go to Start
Control Panel
User Profiles

Create a profile for you and/or your husband to use.
Password protect it.

Put the files in question into this profile's "My Documents" (preferably in a folder nobody will look at anyhow (in case you're accidentally logged on with this profile when someone is over), something like G37CTF or something non-interesting).

Create a Guest profile for others to use if using your computer, they won't see the docs or files in your regular profile, nor can they access them.

posted on Mar, 29 2005 @ 07:54 PM
link   
If the person you want to keep this stuff away from dosent know much about computers then you can just hide the file by right clicking on it and going down to propetise then clicking on hide
when you want to look at it go to control panel and folder options go to view and click on 'show hidden files or folders' then click apply

top topics

join