It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Federal jobs stripped of extraordinary protections

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 27 2020 @ 08:04 PM
link   
I haven't posted on the main board here in a long time, but I thought this was important enough to put out there so that others are aware of this move.

There was happening yesterday that If I didn't know any better, I would almost think this was POTUS taking a punch at the SES. Doesn't mean I'm right, but that's sure where my brain went first. Couldn't happen to dirtier group of people that's for sure. If it is what I'm thinking, this is pretty HUGE all considered.

Many of us that have been paying attention over the years know just how dirty the SES is and that their attitude is that they are basically untouchable. Or so they have been led to believe for years on end. They have been so embedded into their life long jobs why wouldn't they think so? They had "Special Clearance."

This is a group that pushes all the papers around that you may need yesterday for something important. They can drag their feet as long as they want to because they know they cant be fired.

Having the clearance they had had up until now has left the door open for them to be a big thorn in Anyone's side that may go against them. POTUS included.

I bet if you asked, most people will have never even heard of them to begin with. Strange because there are thousands of them and they control so many aspects of ones life.

While this article doesnt mention the SES directly, I really cant think of many other groups out there that this move would be made against if you think about it.

A Snippet from the Article:

"The president signed an executive order last month creating a new class of federal worker; it encompasses career staff involved in “confidential, policy-determining, policy-making, or policy-advocating.” Such workers, now categorized as “Schedule F,” have been stripped of job protections that previously covered most federal employees. As a result, they can be fired much more easily."

Link to FULL ARTICLE

edit on 11/27/20 by onehuman because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2020 @ 08:09 PM
link   
a reply to: onehuman

OH, NO!!! They might actually have to earn their keep now.

Poor, poor folk.

posted on Nov, 27 2020 @ 08:13 PM
link   

Trump actually draining the swamp?

Say it ain't so!!!

The SES has essentially run this country for a very long time and it has always been nearly impossible to fire any of them.

This is great news and thank you for bringing it to my attention!

S&F

posted on Nov, 27 2020 @ 08:16 PM
link   
I am in civil service and heading into the next higher echelon soon and this is LONG over due.

At a certain level there have been Civil service employees convicted of a crime that got to keep their jobs despite things like bribery and witness intimidation.

When a union gets to that level they have gone from being a useful part and changed into a part of the problem.

posted on Nov, 27 2020 @ 08:16 PM
link   
President Donald J. Trump Is Taking Action to Promote Good Governance and Accountability Within the Federal Workforce - Issued on: October 21, 2020

The order will not affect the Senior Executive Service.

And the 3 EOs Trump signed back in 2018 I don't think effects SES either.

Trump signs executive orders making it easier to fire feds, overhaul official time

Apparently, the SES are the untouchables.

posted on Nov, 27 2020 @ 08:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: incoserv

OH, NO!!! They might actually have to earn their keep now.

Poor, poor folk.

I don't feel a bit sad for them, most of us have no protection like that and frankly, I wouldn't want to be so complacent that I wasn't doing my job.

posted on Nov, 27 2020 @ 08:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: EndtheMadnessNow
President Donald J. Trump Is Taking Action to Promote Good Governance and Accountability Within the Federal Workforce - Issued on: October 21, 2020

The order will not affect the Senior Executive Service.

And the 3 EOs Trump signed back in 2018 I don't think effects SES either.

Trump signs executive orders making it easier to fire feds, overhaul official time

Apparently, the SES are the untouchables.

So much for the EO.

posted on Nov, 27 2020 @ 09:08 PM
link   
So did anything change or what?

posted on Nov, 27 2020 @ 10:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Irishhaf
I am in civil service and heading into the next higher echelon soon and this is LONG over due.

At a certain level there have been Civil service employees convicted of a crime that got to keep their jobs despite things like bribery and witness intimidation.

When a union gets to that level they have gone from being a useful part and changed into a part of the problem.

Retired civil servant who had the same JFL status, that JFL status has long since gone, and is now a contractual job.

Whatever, executive or anything lower, still can make the case for a crime level offence to be considered in certain circumstances, should those circumstances exist...and I can think of a least one case when my office manager had an offence...caught in the act, of thieving from a minimart, and convicted in a court, but kept the civil service job, decided by an internal CS panel..I even acted up for that person in the interim.
No matter what you Think of that, I would not like some cheapskate Prime Minister..or President deciding someone's fate though, for the more obvious reasons.
edit on 27-11-2020 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Nov, 27 2020 @ 11:39 PM
link   
I think those people are overpaid and underworked.

top topics

join