It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Interesting little trick I've learned

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2005 @ 03:22 AM
link   
I dont know a whole lot about ESP, astral projection, etc, but I have a minor skill for a less mystical form of it. I was wondering if anybody else has ever played with this sort of thing or perhaps even knows enough about it to help me find new facets of it.

For some reason, I can't clear my mind. I may as well try to spell Governor Arnold's last name- it's just never gonna happen.
So when I tried to dabble in astral projection, go figure I couldn't do it. Instead I found a considerably less impressive but still very interesting ability. I can return to almost any setting in which I have ever slept or even relaxed with any frequency at all, can see virtually everything in vivid detail, and on top of that, if there's something I have been unable to recall since the time in which I frequented my target destination- I can often recall it using this technique. Sometimes extremely minor events that I probably couldn't have remembered 3 days after they happened will even come back to me.

It basically works like this- lay down in bed and relax yourself in whatever way you do. For me I just briefly try to focus on how each part of my body feels, starting from the head and working down to the toes, and by the time I've gotten through the seemingly simple task of wondering how I feel, I'm pretty much at ease.
Now all I have to do is close my eyes and recall the general layout of a room I've stayed in before. Just knowing where one object, such as a window, door, or TV is in relation to the bed is good enough. I imagine that the object in question really is in that place in my room. Soon I find myself really feeling as if I was in a different place, to the point that if i were to get up without opening my eyes I probably wouldn't know the way around my own room. When your sense of your surroundings and your sense of direction feel off, you're there.

Now I simply imagine getting up and going to the object in question (a door is best) and I can begin to explore a setting, and gradually I will remember it in very great detail, and may eventually find myself in the middle of random scenes from memory there.

I can jump from this too. If I run into some one or some thing there which I am also familiar with seeing in a different place, I can jump right into that other place.

I've used this little trick to go back through places I haven't been to in over ten years, and aside from being a nice little trip down memory lane you'd be amazed the things you can remember. Names, faces, phone numbers, building layouts, codes you've forgotten, and who knows what else I could get out of this if I actually knew what I was doing.

Has anybody had any experience with this sort of thing and know exactly what all it is capable of?

posted on Mar, 18 2005 @ 09:53 AM
link   
Wow I never thought any one else did this. Basically I've done the same things, exept I start with relaxing my hands instead of my head and I delve into my subcoicious instead of bothering with memories. Memory lane for me wouldn't be the best thing. I'm just so relieved that there's more than one person out there like me.

posted on Mar, 18 2005 @ 10:11 AM
link   
I have a quick question for you. Do you percieve 'feelings' from the air at all that somehow let you in on future events of the day?

posted on Mar, 18 2005 @ 10:12 AM
link   
The closest thing to that that I can do is remember an object in great detail, dont mean to burst your bubble, but its not a Psionic abilitie, its just a form of deep remembering, the rerason you are remembering those things is because your opening your memories to the fullest.
Which in itself is semi-difficult to do.

posted on Mar, 18 2005 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by iori_komei
dont mean to burst your bubble, but its not a Psionic abilitie,

I didn't mean to say it was- like I said it's a far less "mystical" sort of thing. If anything it may be considered a controlled dream-state. I certainly don't get anything from outside, I just get a heck of a lot more from inside than you would normally think was there.

To ShadowedRedemption: I've never had any sort of premonitions that went too far beyond lucky guessing or extremely strong conventional perception.
I can empathize with people better than most, I can see things developing a little more quickly than others sometimes, and I can pick up on patterns pretty quickly (mostly a gambling skill there), so on a really good day I do so well that I might convince somebody I had a gift. Unfortunately none of it is psychic- just the ability to focus on whatever I know.

posted on Mar, 18 2005 @ 07:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Vagabond
If anything it may be considered a controlled dream-state.

That's what it sounds like to me as well. Similar to "Lucid Dreaming" only I guess this is more like "Lucid Remembering". I have personally only been able to become, IMO, fully Lucid within my dreams a few times. But I do remember with great clearity when it has happened and the experience itself is unbelievable in it's "Realism". By that I mean how "Real" to me the experience was to my senses, even though it was well known to me that it was a dream.

Does that sound about right??? Have you or do have Lucid Dreams too???

posted on Mar, 18 2005 @ 08:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by mOjOm
Does that sound about right??? Have you or do have Lucid Dreams too???

Lucid remembering is a pretty good away of putting it, but the neat thing about it is that to a certain limited extent I can interact with the environment. I'm not sure exactly how some might define lucid dreaming, but as far as just having incredibly life-like dreams the answer is yes, but very few and far between. Every once in a while I'll have a dream where I really am in control of my decisions and can interact with the dream, and the "numb feeling" that usually lets you know its just a dream will be absent.
For example, if you have a fight in a dream, you can't feel your arms because you're not really swinging, and in your dream that translates into being strangely weak, or realizing that its a dream. Sometimes though (I assume when I move in my sleep) I can more or less feel my muscles, resulting in very lifelike dreams.

One other interesting dream phenomenon: I once fell asleep at my computer while typing a post for ATS. My dream had something to do with naval war- i have no idea exactly what it was. Anyway when I woke up, at some point I had actually typed "If they get to that frigate we've had it."- no typos, no other keystrokes.
Wierd stuff can happen when you dream if you've got an active imagination.

posted on Mar, 19 2005 @ 02:11 AM
link   
Vagabond that sounds pretty close to something i used to do as a child and i have not tried that in years, thanks for the reminder i'll try that again.
With your ability to picture past surroundings and layouts that you have not seen in years,you would be a good candidate for remote viewing. I bet you could pick up on it faster than AP.
Next time you do your relaxation and focus try to picture a place you have not been too before and then do your movements as though you were picturing a past room you were in.(you could pick a picture of a vacation resort off the net) concentrate on it then check out your visualizations by looking up more info about the resort you choose at random. Might be fun.

posted on Mar, 19 2005 @ 02:29 PM
link   
Remote viewing has always interested me. I've done some reading from some manual (if memory serves it purports to be the work of Major Ed Dames) and it seemed very different from my technique as described in that manual.

Where would be a good source of info on it? I've heard a lot of different stuff about having to focus on something you already know about the place, or just focusing on coordinates or on the image of the place on the map, or a person who might be there, etc etc. It's hard to even know where to start.
Thanks

posted on Mar, 19 2005 @ 02:44 PM
link   
hummm... i have soemwhat of it, like when i was in middle school, i use to walk to school and home, and when i walk it seems like it is a dream, i can't see anything i just can sense where i am going most times it happens when i put my head and eyes down which i won't be able to see anything around me but somehow something will guides me home or school.

posted on Mar, 19 2005 @ 02:55 PM
link   
I've seen the future.

Quite a few years back i was very into "meditation" during one meditation session, i had a very lucid "dream" I basically saw a friend of mine in his girlfriends dads car(Ford Granada,dark blue) backing out of their drive. After the meditation(which was a group thing) we all described what we saw and i told of mine. Now you make think, whats strange about that, it could happen to anyone.

1, He didnt have a girlfriend at that time
2, he was only 15 at the time, so couldnt drive.

Anyways, about 4 years later while walking along the street, A dark blue Granada backed out of the drive, with my friend in it, it was his girlfriends dads car. Basically as soon as we saw each other, even though it was 4 years later we both had an OH MY GOD look on our faces as we both instantly remembered the meditation session

Fluke? i dunno, but it was pretty weird

posted on Mar, 21 2005 @ 01:33 AM
link   
When I do that thing you do, I feel 'off' in my own room. I am laying down and then I feel like my head and legs are facing the opposite directions they really are. It's an interesting feeling, thats when I know I am really relaxed. Because like you, I have trouble relaxing. I wonder if I could "Lucid Remember" when I feel like that. Hmm, gives me something new to try.

posted on Mar, 21 2005 @ 01:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by spoodini
When I do that thing you do, I feel 'off' in my own room. I am laying down and then I feel like my head and legs are facing the opposite directions they really are. It's an interesting feeling, thats when I know I am really relaxed. Because like you, I have trouble relaxing. I wonder if I could "Lucid Remember" when I feel like that. Hmm, gives me something new to try.

That's exactly the key to getting into that state, at least in my experience. Once you no longer know which way you are facing, decide, and feel certain, that you are in a room you've been to before, and think about where the door to that room is. Then start imagining what it would be like if you got up, walked out that door, and looked around. Details will start slow and become more vivid. Just go slowly, step my step thinking about everything you would see with each step and turn.

posted on Mar, 21 2005 @ 01:55 AM
link   
I never thought of that being my most relaxed state, but now that I think about it, it is probably true. I should try that with AP and what you do. See if I can work on that. Thanks for sharing, you may have helped me out on helping myself with relaxation techniques.

posted on Mar, 21 2005 @ 08:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by spoodini
I never thought of that being my most relaxed state, but now that I think about it, it is probably true. I should try that with AP and what you do. See if I can work on that. Thanks for sharing, you may have helped me out on helping myself with relaxation techniques.

i tried to get myself into that state last night, but it was hard considering i haven't done it in awhile, and also i had a radio on ;x i was able to feel a 90 degree turn but not the full 180 degree switch that feels more interesting. perhaps ill try again tonight, this time with no radio on

top topics

join